You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MistaBoo

TK Penalty - Did i miss the Memo?

22 comments in this topic

[BOATY]
Players
105 posts

Random battle, low health ship get in the way of a torp due to his own eagerness to get a kill.

Match ends and i expect something like a 2 game TK Penalty.

I get a 9 match COOP Battle only penalty.

Is this correct? I cant remember the last time i got a TK penalty but im sure it wasn't a 9 game COOP Penalty i received. 

Can anyone confirm the penalty is accurate as it seems incredibly excessive. 

• Bad 1

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,984 posts
12,205 battles

1 minute ago, MistaBoo said:

Is this correct? I cant remember the last time i got a TK penalty but im sure it wasn't a 9 game COOP Penalty i received. 

There you are: It was not the first time, so yes, penalty increases. If you ignore being pink and the warnings you turn "orange" and are restricted to Co-Op. 

Here's the article about it: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/anti-abuse-system/

[SHAD]
Players
2,566 posts
11,485 battles

Yes, you must have been pink when the torpedo struck.

[BOATY]
Players
105 posts

I will check the video but im pretty sure i wasn't pink.

Cheers for the info though.

[BOATY]
Players
105 posts

Just went over the video and definitely not pink.

Chalk it up to another bug in a game of many bugs i guess.

• Cool 1

[WRV]
Players
52 posts
445 battles

Who said you have to be pink to become orange? You can loose the pink status in a few games, but the the system still remembers you in the background

#playerbasenowadays

• Cool 3

6,130 posts
10,587 battles

You don't have to be pink before receiving the orange. See in the link provided by Wizard and there case three:

The player destroys an allied ship and gets a pinknickname.

After a couple of battles, the nickname returns to the normal colour, but the player continues with unsporting conduct: they destroy an allied ship and leave the battlefield before sinking. The system banishes the player from all types of battles, except for Co-op Battles and Clan Battles, and recolours their nickname orange.

The player enters a Co-op Battle and continues to be inactive, thereby aggravating the punishment. Now the player needs to play a few dozen "clean" battles against bots.

So, apparently you've been pink in the past and this DMG today was enough to tip you over the edge to "CoOp Only".

[BOATY]
Players
105 posts
Just now, Adm_Andre said:

Who said you have to be pink to become orange? You can loose the pink status in a few games, but the the system still remembers you in the background

#playerbasenowadays

I understand that however as i stated earlier i honestly cannot remember the last time i received a TK penalty.

Its also something im not guilty of

[AMOK]
Players
1,961 posts
8,591 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, MistaBoo sagte:

You killed someone so you are guilty. You are responsible for your torps.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[BOATY]
Players
105 posts
1 minute ago, Donar79 said:

You killed someone so you are guilty. You are responsible for your torps.

That my friend is 100% correct. :Smile_smile:

• Funny 1

[NECRO]
Players
497 posts

So, as a strictly coop player, neither pink nor orange are of any consequence. Good to know. I always wondered what the max penalty would be.

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
725 posts
12,130 battles

We are not able to check if what you OP is stating is true, thus we cannot help. 

Writing to support is waste of time, just play co-op will be faster. 

As you are first person to claim this such strange behavior we can assume that there have been some bizarre circumstances. 

Making damage to friendlies is what counts, if you TK or not does influence severity or I am imagining things? 

Maybe you hit someone, here and there and this TK was treated very seriously as it was not only TK but total damage got above threshold? 

• Cool 1

[ANV]
Players
550 posts
4,693 battles

It's telling, and rather insulting to a lot of the playerbase, that Wargaming use COOP as a punishment; gives you an idea of how they view PVE players.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[I-J-N]
Players
4,547 posts

I've been pink repeatedly, sometimes I seem to be really unlucky and it happens several times within a few weeks. Never been orange though.

• Cool 1

[LEAKS]
Players
225 posts
9,371 battles

I've been pink a couple of times this month when the server dropped me from the game and I received a penalty twice for unsporting activity!  I did feel a little miffed but since I am strictly F2P I accepted whatever happens to me as part of the free access.  But now it's happened again and I have every expectation that it will keep happening until my server problems are resolved.  I may find that I can no longer be bothered to play this game if it freezes every game and I get punished for it!   Is there some way I can appeal these penalties.

[NECRO]
Players
497 posts

Am I mistaken, or is there no longer a ticket option for reporting "allied" players who deliberately and repeatedly shoot at you? Getting only pink is no real punishment for such behaviour.

[BBMM]
Players
5,956 posts
7,587 battles
10 hours ago, MistaBoo said:

I understand that however as i stated earlier i honestly cannot remember the last time i received a TK penalty.

Your first, second,. third torp may have done damage, and you went pink - then right after that your last torp killed him, and you went orange. 

I think that can happen of there is significant time between torps. Or maybe they were two salvos (two launchers?). 

Never seen anyone go orange TBH. And on the randoms I see plenty weirdos, even clanmates shooting each other just for fun...

Players
4,476 posts
7,604 battles

I wonder if any of the damage was reflected back onto the OP, perhaps that might've aggravated the offence?

Players
125 posts
5,397 battles
On 8/31/2020 at 9:32 AM, MistaBoo said:

Random battle, low health ship get in the way of a torp due to his own eagerness to get a kill.

Match ends and i expect something like a 2 game TK Penalty.

I get a 9 match COOP Battle only penalty.

Can anyone confirm the penalty is accurate as it seems incredibly excessive. 

Never seen anyone go orange. I've done what you did here, more than once, I am apparently just thick that way. What I've never done is blame it on the teammate who ate my torps.

As other members have already stated, I've also gone pink due to being dropped from the game, which may not be a big deal but is still irritating because I did nothing wrong. I even hit a teammate with guns while being pink (from being dropped) but I still did not go orange. That teammate didn't die though, so maybe that saved me.

6,130 posts
10,587 battles
14 minutes ago, PsychoClownfish said:

Never seen anyone go orange.

Cause orange is only visible to the offending player. Never to outsiders. Thus an orange player will be displayed in PINK to all CoOp teammates while on his screen that player is displayed ORANGE.

• Cool 3

[BLITZ]
Players
2,832 posts
11,130 battles
23 hours ago, Lord0 said:

It's telling, and rather insulting to a lot of the playerbase, that Wargaming use COOP as a punishment; gives you an idea of how they view PVE players.

Maybe it's because even if you have a teamkiller in your team, you still have a good chance of winning. In coop.

Players
3,279 posts
19,066 battles
On 8/31/2020 at 12:40 PM, Lord0 said:

can you even blame them? i mean look at the playerbase...