You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Measuperbia

Skill threshhold..

49 comments in this topic

Players
59 posts
4,529 battles

I have played about 1500 battles of cruisers and with a majority for squishy IJN and RN.. I played almost the same amount of battles with countless of DDs.. I am not a BB player.

I just managed to get the 1mil FXP to get Alaska.

It has the firechance of Zao (or even better)

It can tank

It has radar for 40~50 sec (takes so much skills, press 1 button and see everything 10Km away)

It has hydro

It can citadel BBs

It can lob Shells over huge islands and with even 19km of range it can still get citadels

It can have up to 12.2 concealment

It can have reload speed at 17 sec

The concept of supercruisers are not new to me, but holy :etc_swear:....

People playing radar ships seams to think they are so skilled and gets whats deserved for their efforts. Im sorry to break your world... 

I played 9 battles and its is all it takes for me to realise I can play this kind of ships with tongue and feet and still win, or at least earn massive score.

Is this what Enterprise feels like in the CV world? Nice balance WG.

Ohh dont forget, lets nerf the Zao legendary..

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
26,848 posts
14,391 battles

There are different radar ships, not all are as strong as Alaska....

• Cool 1

Players
553 posts
3,284 battles
10 minutes ago, Measuperbia said:

I played 9 battles and its is all it takes for me to realise I can play this kind of ships with tongue and feet and still win, or at least earn massive score.

9 battles are not at all representative for a ship or a ship class. If you neglect the WR in your 9 Alaska battles, 62k average damage for a tier 9 ship is not impressive at all, so your statement about "Easy wins" and "Massive scores" is more of an exaggerated evaluation.

• Cool 4

[HEROS]
Beta Tester
161 posts
10,461 battles

You do know that Alaska have no chance with Zao at ranges over ~11km? Totally different ship. Its like comparing Musashi to Conqueror.

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,559 battles
17 minutes ago, Measuperbia said:

I have played about 1500 battles of cruisers and with a majority for squishy IJN and RN.. I played almost the same amount of battles with countless of DDs.. I am not a BB player.

It can tank

It has radar for 40~50 sec (takes so much skills, press 1 button and see everything 10Km away)

It has hydro

It can citadel BBs

It can lob Shells over huge islands and with even 19km of range it can still get citadels

People playing radar ships seams to think they are so skilled and gets whats deserved for their efforts. Im sorry to break your world... 

They created Puerto Rico to sink it in random matches......:Smile_teethhappy:

Alaska's are not that good anymore when facing a Puerto Rico. ( providing equal player skills )

[B0TS]
Players
6 posts
5,354 battles

sorry to disappoint you, but in your 9 Battles with "superscore" you only did 60k average damage, which is mediocre at most...

image.thumb.png.8d7a0c44b512a67c08fdf08eb4d3d4e0.png

Zaos average damage is about 10k higher than Alaska.

But you are right, Alaska is a fine ship!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[SINT]
Players
918 posts
21,003 battles
22 minutes ago, Measuperbia said:

Well your comparison with Alaska / Zao is not that fair. In a HE battle Zao wins easy. Also Zao AP is not bad and Zao wins in shell speed thus makes for easy targeting. Those arc shells off the Alaska have their bad sides. And Zao has torps which you seemed to forget.  But on the other side, Alaska AP does brutalize cruisers that forget to angle perfectly against Alaska’s special angle shells. 

There is no “ I win” button on the Alaska... 

Radar has nothing special here..By the way your English light cruisers have radar from T8 too if you equip them.

[B0TS]
Players
6 posts
5,354 battles

hope you dont mind a few advice.

by looking at your Zao stats, it seems like you stay behind of your potential. Maybe you overextend too much and die too early? Zao is fragile, and even an unlucky BB-hit can hurt. Try playing with your good concealment, stay further back to go dark if needed. Switch to kite-mode more often ([edited]to enemy and "kite" left and right for dodging) but keep firing while moving away from the enemy. If there are more than 1 firing at you, go dark,, survive, reposition. Zao is best played as a Ninja. Never to close, never to far away,  always deadly ;)

• Cool 3

Players
59 posts
4,529 battles

Im not saying I got "Super score" from 9 battles. That is just silly. 

Im not saying I compare all features to Zao, but if I would? Zao has 13-15 sec reload. Zao has 9.9 concealment. Sure Zao has torps, but if it tries to use them Zao is already dead. 

What I am saying: I dont even play the class this ship is more comparable to, I dont like its playstyle and I am not good at it. Even though all of this, I am easliy able to get score and/or win.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,931 posts
10,602 battles
37 minutes ago, Measuperbia said:

Is this what Enterprise feels like in the CV world?

nope.. not even close.. 

much more fun in E :) 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,867 posts
8,998 battles
1 hour ago, Measuperbia said:

What I am saying: I dont even play the class this ship is more comparable to, I dont like its playstyle and I am not good at it. Even though all of this, I am easliy able to get score and/or win.

Its easier to get those results you got (lets ignore WR because small sample size). If you arent good, you will struggle with normal Cruisers, because you die too fast. You cant realy die that fast in Alaska, so you get more time to deal damage.

Players
3,279 posts
19,066 battles
3 hours ago, Measuperbia said:

It can tank

It has hydro

It can citadel BBs

Maybe you should keep playing with your hands. Because your result after 9 battles is literally below avrg.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,351 posts
10,110 battles
3 hours ago, Measuperbia said:

massive score

Below average is now considered "massive score"? Have we finally come this far?

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

Players
59 posts
4,529 battles

Wow guys….. You really dont get it?

I did not even have to use my braincells for current stats. That is the whole Point!

This ship and probably others like it almost runs itself to success.

Would you imagine what stats I can get with this thing if I really went try hard and having some experience with it?

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,931 posts
10,602 battles
3 minutes ago, Measuperbia said:

nope she doesnt.. neither any other ship.. 

yes in some ships you can farm damage like there is no tomorrow. 

but effecting the outcome of the battle, %90 of the time is about the captain... 

• Cool 1

Players
6,473 posts
10,752 battles
5 minutes ago, Measuperbia said:

Would you imagine what stats I can get with this thing if I really went try hard and having some experience with it?

Im bad at imagining things. It also leaves room for speculation.

Just take the easy route: show us. Try hard. Do 10 battles now. What im expecting from your talk is 9 out of 10 wins (ill let 8 count) and avg damage of >150.000.

Ill be waiting. And gladly agree with all the points you made, once you´ve accomplished your own set task.

[LEEUW]
Players
2,351 posts
10,110 battles
20 minutes ago, Measuperbia said:

Wow guys….. You really dont get it?

I did not even have to use my braincells for current stats. That is the whole Point!

You're basically saying: If I really tried I could be this or that. 

Instead of boasting with things you haven't even achieved, show us some results. Because up until now it looked like you indeed played without using too many braincells. 

• Cool 1

Players
59 posts
4,529 battles

GarrusBrutus… The only thing you seam intrested in is turning this post into a locked one, and trashtalk.. Nice try.

Give me 100 battles, that should be more fair/accurate since I will need more experience in this playstyle. I will revive this thread when the time comes, if thats OK with mods. @Excavatus

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,207 posts
9,263 battles
16 minutes ago, Measuperbia said:

GarrusBrutus… The only thing you seam intrested in is turning this post into a locked one, and trashtalk.. Nice try.

Give me 100 battles, that should be more fair/accurate since I will need more experience in this playstyle. I will revive this thread when the time comes, if thats OK with mods. @Excavatus

He may have been harsh but he had a point. Alaska may be strong, but then so is zao. You didn't really do monstrously well in it, just better than in your zao....maybe the ship's playstyle just suits you better.

4 hours ago, Measuperbia said:

And it fires less shells at a slower rate...which means less fires.

Not nearly as OP as you think.

It has hydro

So does zao.

It can citadel BBs

Only at close ranges. (zao can use torps instead at this range)

with even 19km of range it can still get citadels

Only if the player you're shooting at is dumb.

And that is better than zao how exactly?

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,931 posts
10,602 battles
9 minutes ago, domen3 said:

He may have been harsh but he had a point. Alaska may be strong, but then so is zao. You didn't really do monstrously well in it, just better than in your zao....maybe the ship's playstyle just suits you better.

And it fires less shells at a slower rate...which means less fires.

Not nearly as OP as you think.

So does zao.

Only at close ranges. (zao can use torps instead at this range)

Only if the player you're shooting at is dumb.

And that is better than zao how exactly?

IMO in 1v1 a zao will eat an alaska alive!

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,207 posts
9,263 battles
1 minute ago, Excavatus said:

IMO in 1v1 a zao will eat an alaska alive!

Personally I think they're about equally matched in terms of firepower, the only thing is, zao can disengage easier and kite better if it starts losing, alaska can't.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,931 posts
10,602 battles

better concealment.. you kite and burn it down.. thats all you need? and you have 12km shima torps.. which you can stealth torp... 

Players
3,326 posts
4 hours ago, Measuperbia said:

It can tank

It has hydro

It can citadel BBs

very team dependant, if your DD's and CV's are not spotting like they should, your toast.

Players
59 posts
4,529 battles

I was only mentioning the reloadspeed and concealment because its not that far off a differense between these particular two ships.

My biggest problem with Zao would be that once a DD spots you.. Then your :etc_swear: if you dont have a radar or a DD on your own… Because he will keep you spotted until some random BB rips your fleeing broadside from other side of the map.

[SHAFT]
Players
9,867 posts
8,998 battles
29 minutes ago, Measuperbia said:

My biggest problem with Zao would be that once a DD spots you.. Then your :etc_swear: if you dont have a radar or a DD on your own… Because he will keep you spotted until some random BB rips your fleeing broadside from other side of the map. 

But Zao has better concealment than Alaskas radar range. And Alaska has 2km worse detection than its radar range.
Apparently you can know a DD being within 10km of your Alaska, while you are spotted at 12, but you dont know where the DD is when you play Zao, while its equally far away than with your Alaska when you radar? To me, that makes no sense.

So you overextend with your Zao, but you do not with Alaska. Or you try to play Torp-boat with Zao maybe? Ive seen a lot of players who think, IJN Crusiers are torpboats, so they rush in, get spotted, turn broadside and get deleted, because "MUH TORPZ".

• Cool 1