You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
luokailk

What would be the top pick for tier X ranked

51 comments in this topic

[KITEN]
Players
131 posts
12,170 battles

Guys. What would be the top pick for tier X ranked, in each class and overall?

[LEEUW]
Players
2,351 posts
10,110 battles

The ship you're most proficient with. 

There isn't one ship better than others. Each one is situational. 

Except cvs. They just kill everything one by one. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
3,320 posts
14,522 battles

Legendary Upgrade Hakuryu. 

I expect a lot of Smolensks and Hallands though, which could favor the Richthofen, especially for those who cannot deal with Halland and choose to ignore it anyway... 

[LADA]
Players
567 posts
8,796 battles

Yamato for blapping bowtanking BBs. Depends how many BBs there are - otherwise there are better choices.

Conqueror for burning Kremlins to a crisp - Thunderer is also good for this with the added bonus of accurate 457 AP for cruiser killing.

Minotaur for running around like a headless chicken and sending AP shells everywhere. More useful in DD-heavy scenarios. 

Stalingrad if lots of cruisers around - radar plus railguns is a reasonably consistent combination.

DDs - maybe Daring for ultimate capping power plus lots of smokes for helping vs. cvs. I

Of course you COULD use a CV and make an undeserved and easy climb up the ranks by star saving, damage farming, kill-stealing and generally being an honourless coward sitting at the back behind your team; using a broken class thus marking you out as something to be despised by both your teammates and opponents with equal disdain..... but you wouldn't do that would you? Of course not. 

Seriously though - use the ship you enjoy the most and play for the win - not for the star

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4

[KITEN]
Players
131 posts
12,170 battles
20 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

Yamato for blapping bowtanking BBs. Depends how many BBs there are - otherwise there are better choices.

Conqueror for burning Kremlins to a crisp - Thunderer is also good for this with the added bonus of accurate 457 AP for cruiser killing.

Minotaur for running around like a headless chicken and sending AP shells everywhere. More useful in DD-heavy scenarios. 

Stalingrad if lots of cruisers around - radar plus railguns is a reasonably consistent combination.

DDs - maybe Daring for ultimate capping power plus lots of smokes for helping vs. cvs. I

Of course you COULD use a CV and make an undeserved and easy climb up the ranks by star saving, damage farming, kill-stealing and generally being an honourless coward sitting at the back behind your team; using a broken class thus marking you out as something to be despised by both your teammates and opponents with equal disdain..... but you wouldn't do that would you? Of course not. 

Seriously though - use the ship you enjoy the most and play for the win - not for the star

Thanks mate, you made my day, especially the CV part.

But the CV EXP has been nerfed, so it may not be the best option for saving stars?

• Cool 1

[XITAX]
Players
52 posts
4,500 battles

Agree with previous users posting that the ship of your choice should be the one you are most effective with. It's a matter of how you perform with a certain ship, not the matter of what's the better ship for ranked. Picking your best ship is better than picking the right ship which you have a poor knowledge about. 

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,875 posts
11,957 battles

All the CV hate is just ridiculous on this forum. But i guess people are like Flamu and Flambass, lets whine for likes and subscribers, thats so meta. 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[JRM]
Players
6,583 posts
24,833 battles
7 hours ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Legendary Upgrade Hakuryu. 

I tend to agree on Hak part but why LU? Isnt it only a speed upgrade now?

Beta Tester
3,320 posts
14,522 battles
30 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

I tend to agree on Hak part but why LU? Isnt it only a speed upgrade now?

Speed is what you want.

You spend less time inside AA to get your strike off and you spend less time useless between your attacks. 

[JRM]
Players
6,583 posts
24,833 battles
2 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Speed is what you want.

You spend less time inside AA to get your strike off and you spend less time useless between your attacks. 

IDK IMHO the speed is as much your ally as your enemy at times, besides I think I still like the HP booster more esp since one might not have the luxury of simply ignoring a target until its solo in Ranked so you need to endure some pounding...

[HEROS]
Beta Tester
161 posts
10,461 battles

Pertopavlosk and Newsky are crazy strong, especially with petro stealth radar. Slava atm is quite broken but propably only in randoms so Kremlin and Thunderer for BBs. Halland with CV meta is obvious choice, smalland close secound but daring will always be safe choice. Depending on maps Des, worc amd radar mino will work with great players. With many dds amd radar support venezia could be deadly but with tons of kremlins on higher ranks it wont do that much. Stalin atm is worse than Petro.

And haku ofc as tierX carriers are just stupid.

• Bad 2

Beta Tester
3,320 posts
14,522 battles
1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

IDK IMHO the speed is as much your ally as your enemy at times, besides I think I still like the HP booster more esp since one might not have the luxury of simply ignoring a target until its solo in Ranked so you need to endure some pounding...

I guess you missed the part about spending less time inside AA, but feel free to pick the 7.5% HP instead. 

I would be more interested in your explanation why "speed is as much your ally as your enemy at times". 

[THESO]
Players
812 posts

CV just to piss off anti-cv brigade :Smile_coin: 

You guys need to accept that you are only XP pinatas for us CV gods :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Angry 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,559 battles
27 minutes ago, Asakka said:

CV just to piss off anti-cv brigade :Smile_coin: 

You guys need to accept that you are only XP pinatas for us CV gods :Smile_trollface:

Maybe not.....that new Polish (EU) commander has interesting special AA talents and more players will have completed the campaign AND got him to higher points by now unleashing most if not full AA potential. 20 air kills talent activating treshold  is just spooling up for the likes of a properly AA built Halland.

Park him in a Halland decked for the highest possible maximum AA.....don't forget to protect the AA modules instead of protecting turrets or magazine detonation......voila.....an effective no fly zone that will not go down by air attack without depleting at least half of a CV's plane reserves. Or even deplane CV's if they blitzed their way to tier X without picking up too much skills.:Smile_teethhappy:

[THESO]
Players
812 posts
3 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Maybe not.....that new Polish (EU) commander has interesting special AA talents and more players will have completed the campaign AND got him to higher points by now unleashing most if not full AA potential. 20 air kills talent activating treshold  is just spooling up for the likes of a properly AA built Halland.

Park him in a Halland decked for the highest possible maximum AA.....don't forget to protect the AA modules instead of protecting turrets or magazine detonation......voila.....an effective no fly zone. :Smile_teethhappy:

DD with effective AA ? what are you talking about :Smile_hiding:

Beta Tester
3,320 posts
14,522 battles
18 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Park him in a Halland decked for the highest possible maximum AA.....don't forget to protect the AA modules instead of protecting turrets or magazine detonation......voila.....an effective no fly zone that will not go down by air attack without depleting at least half of a CV's plane reserves. Or even deplane CV's if they blitzed their way to tier X without picking up too much skills.:Smile_teethhappy:

It's just a 10% boost of continuous damage - don't wet your pants over it.

• Funny 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,931 posts
10,602 battles
10 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Except cvs. They just kill everything one by one

Until my suggestion of an AOE attack with a 10km radius... 

We still have to suffer by going one by one.... 

Sad story! 

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
6,583 posts
24,833 battles
1 hour ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

I guess you missed the part about spending less time inside AA, but feel free to pick the 7.5% HP instead. 

I would be more interested in your explanation why "speed is as much your ally as your enemy at times". 

Because if you need to slow down to get a high drop for say AP bombs the higher your initial speed the more and longer the deceleration lasts and then you again spend more time in AA bubble...

Speed dropping is good for farming damage purposes as in go towards enemy drop, speed away drop another etc until you are either out of planes or targets on that course but for managing a single target it doesnt always seem an advantage esp for AP bombs...

Edit:

Took a look in the game now so the LU gives 15% MAX speed to Hak planes so thats like 241kt? speed does it make such a large difference in time you will spend in the aura IDK, and thats even if you have boost left to use...

Beta Tester
3,320 posts
14,522 battles
24 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Because if you need to slow down to get a high drop for say AP bombs the higher your initial speed the more and longer the deceleration lasts and then you again spend more time in AA bubble...

Speed dropping is good for farming damage purposes as in go towards enemy drop, speed away drop another etc until you are either out of planes or targets on that course but for managing a single target it doesnt always seem an advantage esp for AP bombs...

Since when do you have to slow down for a high drop? The attack animation is always the same and more speed will just make it quicker.

I think you are imagining this buddy... or maybe you just can't aim it properly unless you brake. Do you have anything to back this claim up? 

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,875 posts
11,957 battles
17 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Since when do you have to slow down for a high drop? The attack animation is always the same and more speed will just make it quicker.

I think you are imagining this buddy... or maybe you just can't aim it properly unless you brake. Do you have anything to back this claim up? 

Do you feel how easier die your Rechthofen planes than Haku planes? 

Cause i do. 

I also would pick HP over speed anyday. 

[JRM]
Players
6,583 posts
24,833 battles
10 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

I think you are imagining this buddy... do you have anything to back this claim up? 

Since you need to aim at the thing you are bombing for the bombs to hit and citadel unless you want to just roll the dice on every drop? IDK what kind of evidence you would consider proper but I dont have streaming setup or whatnot to make videos and time the frames, IDK maybe I am wrong but the max speed seems token sidegrade, maybe better CV players then myself see it as more advantageous if you can prepare for the drop more in advance or something...

Beta Tester
3,320 posts
14,522 battles
24 minutes ago, kfa said:

Do you feel how easier die your Rechthofen planes than Haku planes? 

Cause i do. 

Don't forget that we are just talking about 7.5% HP - how long do you think these additional HP will last inside heavy enemy AA ?

My feeling is: the heavier the AA, the better it is to be fast instead.

And Ranked has a lot of AA blobs.

22 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Since you need to aim at the thing you are bombing for the bombs to hit and citadel unless you want to just roll the dice on every drop? IDK what kind of evidence you would consider proper but I dont have streaming setup or whatnot to make videos and time the frames, IDK maybe I am wrong but the max speed seems token sidegrade, maybe better CV players then myself see it as more advantageous if you can prepare for the drop more in advance or something...

So you are talking about speed adjustments during the attack dive.

With enough experience, you will usually set up your approach correctly, so you don't need to break a lot in order to aim your bombs.

But yeah you can do that if necessary. 

[SPURD]
Players
432 posts
3,753 battles

IDK, I got Yamato, Harugumo, GK and soon Hindenburg. None of these seem like great ranked ships. Though I suppose at least I have a ton of AA on GK as a byproduct of secondary build.

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,931 posts
10,602 battles
45 minutes ago, kfa said:

You'll love the FDR then :)