Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
aystaklos

detonation with one torp to kur!!!!!

9 comments in this topic

[FLYD]
Players
1,415 posts
13,231 battles
On 8/30/2020 at 5:51 PM, aystaklos said:

can you tell me how tthis happen !!!

The torpedo hit close to your magazine, a virtual dice was thrown and said NOPE and you went boom.

[SBFY]
[SBFY]
Players
3 posts
15,319 battles

Hi my friend !

Yesterday i had the same case with my Jean Bart : one torpedoe hit and booooommmm !!!

It's only bad luck and like The_Reichtangle said it's a random dice to check if the adversary hit your magazine ammo...

War is horrible ^^

Baisers de France !

Players
128 posts
19,213 battles

If HP less than 75%, any hit (ANY) to a sensible compartment (it means: near enough the citadel) = an RNG check = KABLAAAAAM!!!

It is called "detonation". A "fun mechanic" to recall the historical (mostly british) feature of having random lucky hit exploding ammo magazines/sinking a whole ship (alike the Hood against the Bismarck, or multiple ship in the Battle of Jutland).
Solution: the antidetonation signal, a "must to have" (alike the camo) basically on any ship, if you want to avoid disappointment.

... and actually it is "better" than in old days, when detonation could happen IN ANY MOMENT, even on a 100% HP ship.

I remember a full HP North Carolina of mine that "detonated" in a (failed) torpedo beat, when the torp spread was too narrow and, in my naivety, I decided "better take one only torp on the tip of the bow rather than more than one on the side"... one torpedo hit, in fact, exactly ON THE BOW TIP (the most far possible point to any ammo magazine) but, in any case, RNGesus decided "nope... you have to KABLAM 3 mins into the battle". Since then, never left port withoud antideto signal.

• Cool 1

Players
2,086 posts
13,400 battles
On 9/4/2020 at 3:06 PM, Sink_Different said:

Has GK. 

Still doesn't know about Detonation mechanic

God knows what else he doesn't know yet. 

OP watch “how it works" please.  

Detonation is way more common to happen to dds then to bbs and impossible for CVs because of reasons. 

Sign in to follow this