You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Revener

Fire Chance

Fire Chance  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should the chance of fires be lowered?

• Yes
    • No

63 comments in this topic

[A-P]
Beta Tester
32 posts

TBH the fire chance is way to high, some ships set you on fire on almost every salvo, so fun to play BB like this.

• Boring 4

[THESO]
Players
4,091 posts

We had IFHE rework that significantly lowered the fire chance when equipping the skill.

With proper repair party management fires are manageable. The only real problems are Smolensk and Conqueror.

• Cool 7
  • Bad 1

[G3NTZ]
Players
20 posts
11,430 battles

I wouldn't say that WG has to lower the fire chance of ships. Zaos strenghth for instance is the high HE alpha damage combined with the high chance to set a fire (there are many other cruisers which are also based on their high fire chance ->"HE-spammer"). On the other hand it would be interesting to see the effect if Conquerers fire chance would get lowered. The same with Thunderer where I would lower the fire chance significant because you have 457mm guns.

All in all I wouldn't lower the fire chance but it would interest me how it will effect the game if it would be lowered on battleships.

• Bad 1

[A-P]
Beta Tester
32 posts
11 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

We had IFHE rework that significantly lowered the fire chance when equipping the skill.

With proper repair party management fires are manageable. The only real problems are Smolensk and Conqueror.

Not really, I have been grinding german BBs recently and if you get caught at the wrong place by most fast firing ships you are going to burn and keep burning no matter what modules and skills you have.
Last few games in Bismark for example, fires on the first volley that hit me in the game, even two fire in one  case. And if you put it out it is instant fire again unless you managed to get into cover.
Makes me want to go back and stay on DDs :)
It is actually quite ridiculous as it is right now considering how fast the fire starting ships shoot at you will burn.

• Cool 1

[A-P]
Beta Tester
32 posts
9 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Then do not sail to the wrong places.

That is hardy relevant to the issue of the silly fire chance.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[PUPSI]
Players
798 posts
2,665 battles

I have to say I find facing HE spam in BBs less of an obstacle to fun than the presence of 4-5 overmatching BBs when playing a light cruiser :Smile_Default:

• Cool 2

Players
8,199 posts
9,087 battles
35 minutes ago, Revener said:

Not really, I have been grinding german BBs recently and if you get caught at the wrong place by most fast firing ships you are going to burn and keep burning no matter what modules and skills you have.
Last few games in Bismark for example, fires on the first volley that hit me in the game, even two fire in one  case. And if you put it out it is instant fire again unless you managed to get into cover.
It is actually quite ridiculous as it is right now considering how fast the fire starting ships shoot at you will burn.

I have been grinding British cruiser line recently and go to the wrong place, I get devstruck, often by the first volley that hit me. Can we please do something about the accuracy, overmatch and AP alpha of ships? This is ridiculous and unplayable. Makes me want to go back to CVs where I don't have these position issues.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[CATS]
Players
26,875 posts
14,403 battles
8 minutes ago, Revener said:

It is, when you sail broadside or in a straight line for three minutes, do you complain about the damage of AP or the torpedos?

When you do something wrong, you get taken out.

When you watch the minimap and use the map to your advantage, the fire chances are not too high.

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
17,333 battles

Most ships are fine. Some are not.

It's also very frustrating to get hit by one 105 mm HE-shell and it starts a fire and at the same time I put +180 127 mm HE-shells into a ship and get one fire.

[A-P]
Beta Tester
32 posts
14 minutes ago, HaachamaShipping said:

I have been grinding British cruiser line recently and go to the wrong place, I get devstruck, often by the first volley that hit me. Can we please do something about the accuracy, overmatch and AP alpha of ships? This is ridiculous and unplayable. Makes me want to go back to CVs where I don't have these position issues.

Yeah I have played alot of cruisers too, it suck when you get deleted but it is nowher near as annoying as constant HE spam with fire fire fire fire.
And TBH BBs do not delete cruisers that often, on the contrarty I am suprised at how often AP do crap damage VS cruisers when they don't overpenetrate.
Cruiser on cruiser fights are just fine.
BBs though shoot once wait forever to reload since you don't citadel kil ppl that often unless they drie in a straight line showign their side and who does that.  Meanwhiole the cruiser just keep lobbing shells and starting more fire.

Sure you can hide/sit at max range the whole game like alot of BBs players do. But how fun is that ?  I like to be active.

[A-P]
Beta Tester
32 posts
On 8/30/2020 at 4:04 PM, ColonelPete said:

It is, when you sail broadside or in a straight line for three minutes, do you complain about the damage of AP or the torpedos?

When you do something wrong, you get taken out.

When you watch the minimap and use the map to your advantage, the fire chances are not too high.

Are you going to say anything that is actually relevant?

Talking about the fire chance here, not dumb players sailing broadside in a straight line.

If trying to be active and moving closer than max range of your guns is doing something wrong, then BBs are the most boring thing to play there is.

Last game we pushed the enemy out from one of the flanks, tried to get the last BB that was fleeing too  but he had a cruiser raining HE (wich would be fine if he did half the amount of fires it is still damage that with the DPM will wittle anything down) as cover it took a few minutes to get out of that.  Gues it is a dumb to drive in open water, from now on I will just sit behind an island as the team curse me. :P

You know there is such a thing as random encounters unles you can see all the oppsing ships.

• Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
26,875 posts
14,403 battles
7 minutes ago, Revener said:

Are you goig to say anything that is actually relevant?

Talking about the fire chance here, not dumb players sailing broadside ina straight line.

If trying to be active and moving closer tyhan max range of your guns is doing something wrong, then BBs are the most boring thing to play there is.

Last game we pushed the enemy out from one of the flanks, tried to get the last BB that was fleeing too  but he had a cruiser raining HE (wich would be fine if he did half the amount of fires it is still damage that with the DPM will wittle anything down) as cover it took a few minutes to get out of that.  Gues it is a dumb to drive in open water, from now on I will just sit behind an island as the team curse me. :P

You know ther is such a thing as random encounters unles you can see all the oppsing ships.

When you think that your position is not relevant, then we have the cause of your problem.

• Cool 3

[BABBY]
Players
702 posts
10,452 battles
1 hour ago, Revener said:

Well if for instance, a cruiser gets caught in the wrong place, he wont be on fire, he'll be just dead. BBs are the most forgiving class, always been this way.

• Cool 4

[SHAFT]
Players
9,899 posts
9,003 battles

Yes i agree, BB fire chance should get lowered across the board. Getting 2-3 fires regardless of anti-fire build by a Conq/Thunderer from 20+km because DISPERSHUUN is not fine at all.

41 minutes ago, Revener said:

Yeah I have played alot of cruisers too, it suck when you get deleted but it is nowher near as annoying as constant HE spam with fire fire fire fire.

So you would prefer to die faster? I mean, getting devstrike is probably not annoying so to say, but how is dying with one shot better than being able to fight for a longer time?

43 minutes ago, Revener said:

BBs though shoot once wait forever to reload since you don't citadel kil ppl that often unless they drie in a straight line showign their side and who does that.  Meanwhiole the cruiser just keep lobbing shells and starting more fire.

Thats why, Cruisers deal more damage than BBs on average... oh wait.

• Cool 1

Players
8,199 posts
9,087 battles
40 minutes ago, Revener said:

I do recommend you play the Royal Navy BB line then. Doesn't care about fire too much and if you feel it is too much, you can just turn broadside and get deleted. After all you seem to prefer such to slow hp loss from fires.

42 minutes ago, Revener said:

And TBH BBs do not delete cruisers that often, on the contrarty I am suprised at how often AP do crap damage VS cruisers when they don't overpenetrate.

And HE shells often do crap damage against BBs, because most BBs have a lot of plating that is better than 32 mm. Not to mention, even an overpen, up to T8 is permanent damage on most cruisers.

45 minutes ago, Revener said:

Thus you try to make your shots count, account for the likely evasive maneuver, if you know your target might pay attention and it'll be fine. And the cruiser can lob shells all game long, you'll hardly ever see a genuine cruiser (one of those that do shoot HE all day on short reload) devstrike a BB unless they are using torps.

47 minutes ago, Revener said:

Sure you can hide/sit at max range the whole game like alot of BBs players do. But how fun is that ?  I like to be active.

Then learn how to position yourself so you can manage the incoming fire and not die to it.

• Cool 1

[A-P]
Beta Tester
32 posts

How about talking about the absurd fire start chance instead of spouting "git gud" nonsense.  Although that is what I expected. :)

42 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

When you think that your position is not relevant, then we have the cause of your problem.

Never said or think that position is not relevant.

9 minutes ago, HaachamaShipping said:

I do recommend you play the Royal Navy BB line then. Doesn't care about fire too much and if you feel it is too much, you can just turn broadside and get deleted. After all you seem to prefer such to slow hp loss from fires.

I think someone is missign the overall picture here.

9 minutes ago, HaachamaShipping said:

And HE shells often do crap damage against BBs, because most BBs have a lot of plating that is better than 32 mm. Not to mention, even an overpen, up to T8 is permanent damage on most cruisers.

Cruiser still do more damage over time to BBs unles the Bb citadel the cruiser, also it is easy for a cruiser to dodge a BB. If the cruiser is caught ina crossfire or as the only target  that is a totally different thing player error / dumb bad luck.

11 minutes ago, HaachamaShipping said:

Thus you try to make your shots count, account for the likely evasive maneuver, if you know your target might pay attention and it'll be fine. And the cruiser can lob shells all game long, you'll hardly ever see a genuine cruiser (one of those that do shoot HE all day on short reload) devstrike a BB unless they are using torps.

Nothign new here and no one expect a cruiser to dev strike a BB with its guns and have nothign to do with fire chance.

13 minutes ago, HaachamaShipping said:

Then learn how to position yourself so you can manage the incoming fire and not die to it.

I do, not the issue here.

• Boring 1

[SHAD]
Players
2,615 posts
11,676 battles

I think fires are perfectly manageable for battleships to deal with.

I do hate it though when you get set on fire as a tier 8 cruiser. you may as well get hit in the citadel as you cannot heal any of it!

[CATS]
Players
26,875 posts
14,403 battles
9 minutes ago, Revener said:

Never said or think that position is not relevant.

That is what I was talking about and you claimed it was not relevant...

Otherwise, just look at your poll.

[KAKE]
Players
2,586 posts
6,218 battles

So, how would you compensate ships that rely on fire damage for the reduced damage?

Increased HE damage? Might make some ships with small calibre guns almost harmelss to BBs, though.

Improved HE penetration?

Improved AP pen and pen angles?

Players
554 posts
Vor 2 Stunden, Revener sagte:

TBH the fire chance is way to high, some ships set you on fire on almost every salvo, so fun to play BB like this.

Hello,

everyone can reduce the fire probability of their own ship to a certain extent!
But for that he would have to give up some of his ship's ability to attack!

But who does it voluntarily?

Kind regards

[THESO]
Players
4,091 posts
2 hours ago, Revener said:

Well German BBs are well known to burn. Their superstructures are massive.

That is why I am using tank build instead os secondary build on them. Fire prevention, superintendent and healing + faster fire extinguish flags are a must.

If you lower the fire chance across the board you would kill cruisers. Cruisers rely upon fire damage. Except the Smolensk ... that ship should get a fire chance nerf.

• Cool 1

Players
8,199 posts
9,087 battles
33 minutes ago, Revener said:

How about talking about the absurd fire start chance instead of spouting "git gud" nonsense.  Although that is what I expected. :)

Maybe a good few people just do not share your view of fire chance being "absurd". I certainly consider fire chance only absurd on very few select ships, but certainly not in general.

36 minutes ago, Revener said:

I think someone is missign the overall picture here.

I mean, if you think getting devstruck for a positioning mistake is better than getting set on fire and losing maybe a third of your hp pool for it that is 100% recoverable...

37 minutes ago, Revener said:

Cruiser still do more damage over time to BBs unles the Bb citadel the cruiser, also it is easy for a cruiser to dodge a BB. If the cruiser is caught ina crossfire or as the only target  that is a totally different thing player error / dumb bad luck.

BBs have the highest average damage scores in the game. Cruisers will do more damage compared to their own hp pool, but such is to be expected. You can't expect a GK to deal the same amount of damage relative to its hp pool as a Zao, because that'd be absolute bonkers. And if you are in a 1v1 against a cruiser in a BB and you lose, you likely messed up somewhere, while if you lose because multiple ships shot you, maybe consider it the kind of player error that leads to cruisers being crossfired. Not that cruisers need cross fires to die, you can citadel most cruisers through the bow...

42 minutes ago, Revener said:

Nothign new here and no one expect a cruiser to dev strike a BB with its guns and have nothign to do with fire chance.

No, we just expect a cruiser to not be virtually worthless against BBs. Fires are a slow trickle damage that is there to avoid a BB being able to just angle and laugh their [edited]off as the cruiser tries to kill it for whatever length of time it takes for the BB to kill the cruiser. You can watch that already if you match your GK or Kremlin up against a Venezia or Minotaur and after your superstructure is saturated, they can just bugger off, because short of you going broadside or you eating their torps, there'll be no way for them to actually kill you anytime soon.

2 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Well German BBs are well known to burn. Their superstructures are massive.

Size of superstructure doesn't change how well a ship burns, just how easy it is to get a hit that isn't the deck for damage, but has little to do with fires. Main reasons German BBs burn a lot are that most players in these ships don't run FP because secondary build and fires do proportionally more damage when everything else does proportionally less. After all, short of torps and AP bombs, very few things can really do massive damage to a German BB and kill it unlike other BB lines. USN, IJN, RN lines all can take huge hits from their citadel and most of them eat HE pens much more often.

• Cool 1

Players
8,199 posts
9,087 battles
9 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

So, how would you compensate ships that rely on fire damage for the reduced damage?

Increased HE damage? Might make some ships with small calibre guns almost harmelss to BBs, though.

Improved HE penetration?

Welcome to SAP.

9 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

Improved AP pen and pen angles?

British CLs and Russian CAs.

Needless to say, some of those lines got their own complaint threads because Venezia crapped on their ship even though they angled.

Players
109 posts
6,375 battles

Chance of fire shouldn't be lowered but WoWs Wiki must be updated. On some days my Assashio or Marblehead ignites 99% after an enemy HE salvo. Is just RNG or .... ? Dunno...