You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CptAngelofDeath

VIII class + higher cv decrease repair cost

19 comments in this topic

Players
19 posts
1,547 battles

80 or 89k wining and paying repair cost 109k every game  its normal?

lets vote decrease repair cost cv VIII class + higher or not 

[CATS]
Players
26,736 posts
14,367 battles

I am for increasing the maintainance costs.

Too many inexperience players can afford to play high tier.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,194 posts
9,239 battles
47 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

One of the few times I actually agree with you....Tier 10 is the only tier that has somewhat challenging repair costs if you don't run a premium account, but the rest don't. Tiers 8 and 9 could be increased a bit.

Players
1,030 posts
11,873 battles
19 minutes ago, domen3 said:

One of the few times I actually agree with you....Tier 10 is the only tier that has somewhat challenging repair costs if you don't run a premium account, but the rest don't. Tiers 8 and 9 could be increased a bit.

Increased maintanance, but also increased battle reward payout then. 

No need to make overall economics worse for everyone, just for the ppl that shouldnt play high tier.

On that note: for tier 8 & 10 cvs battle payout should indeed be increased, it is ridiculously low

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,003 posts
15,882 battles
4 hours ago, domen3 said:

Tiers 8 and 9 could be increased a bit.

That was the case around 1,5 years ago or so, untill WG succumed to our less inteligent playerbases constant whines about how hard the economy is past tier 7, thus new economy flags, perma camos, fixed maintanence costs now we get free premium consumables and they still [edited] about how hard it is...

3 hours ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

You do good - you are rewarded, but people like you just wish to be rewarded more for doing less...

• Cool 1

Players
19 posts
1,547 battles
11 saat önce, ColonelPete dedi:

i agree 

but without flags camo and premium rewards rly funny 

[XYZ]
Players
146 posts
16 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

You will still have people buying premums, focusing for flag containers that help advance the grind, etc It will only seriously fvck over people who dont want/cant play in a clan. In reality its people not playing like you want, people choosing to play drunk/high, distracted by clan members on comms,  etc. etc.   Knifing the economy will solve absolutely nothing, and its a ill-informed, thoughtless idea.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
26,736 posts
14,367 battles
37 minutes ago, rimmer_the said:

You will still have people buying premums, focusing for flag containers that help advance the grind, etc It will only seriously fvck over people who dont want/cant play in a clan. In reality its people not playing like you want, people choosing to play drunk/high, distracted by clan members on comms,  etc. etc.   Knifing the economy will solve absolutely nothing, and its a ill-informed, thoughtless idea.

It will reduce the problem.

• less experienced player take longer to get to high Tier, gaining more experience in the process
  • less experienced players have to play more mid Tier to sustain their high Tier battles, gaining more experience in the process
  • Cool 1

Players
280 posts

"Cannot afford maintence costs" happens in WoT since they designed the economy system in a way F2P could only self-sustain until T7 with above that you needed premium.

Do we want the same in WoWS? Of course not because I am not a useful idiot and realize all that achieve would be the same problems with WoT, that being forcing players into premium (be it time or ships) as well buying Credits, also this would further incentivize people to damage farm because how rewards are handled entirely by the damage done instead of team playing making the game overall worst in all regards.

• Cool 1

Players
10,032 posts
11,829 battles
3 hours ago, WWDragon said:

"Cannot afford maintence costs" happens in WoT since they designed the economy system in a way F2P could only self-sustain until T7 with above that you needed premium.

Do we want the same in WoWS? Of course not because I am not a useful idiot and realize all that achieve would be the same problems with WoT, that being forcing players into premium (be it time or ships) as well buying Credits, also this would further incentivize people to damage farm because how rewards are handled entirely by the damage done instead of team playing making the game overall worst in all regards.

Except it was exactly the case in first two years of WoWs, as hightier ships were considerably more expensive to play, with T10 carrier costing 270k when sunk + plane costs if memory serves me right. Ammunition was also considerably more expensive back then.

But alas, WG bent under pressure of speschul people, thus anyone who can fail their way to tier 10 and can afford premium paint can play like finest potato field can produce and get away with it. The result being T10 being the most played tier by FAR, to the point WG had to hardwire MM rules to save tier 8 from constant uptiering.

Besides, "oh so cruel WoT economy" was there from the very beginnings in 2010 and it was one of the reasons why Wargaming turned from backwater small company to worldwide corporation.

Players
280 posts
3 hours ago, Panocek said:

But alas, WG bent under pressure of speschul people, thus anyone who can fail their way to tier 10 and can afford premium paint can play like finest potato field can produce and get away with it. The result being T10 being the most played tier by FAR, to the point WG had to hardwire MM rules to save tier 8 from constant uptiering.

The system was designed to force people into paying.

If you think such system is good because only the "good players will reach high tier" then its ignoring that, no ... that just means people are heavily incentivized to cough up money because who sells credits on the Premium Store? and also that it would screw up the MM anyway because its a Zero-sum game considering how rewards are based on damage dealt and both teams cannot be the winner, the "filtering" would just create a unhealthy system were nobody willing would play high tiers because of potential loses and would simply move people from playing tier X to just play Tier VII or whatever tier would have maintence costs low enough and high enough rewards to make a profit.

Besides, "oh so cruel WoT economy" was there from the very beginnings in 2010 and it was one of the reasons why Wargaming turned from backwater small company to worldwide corporation.

I dont play Tanks or Fortnight, I will criticize system that are entirely obvious what they are set to do, pointing out exactly what the WoT set to achieve, WG is entirely fine with people fail into T10 and will give a hand if they have a problem with XP and credits as long they are pay money for it and that is exactly why they turned from "backwater small company to worldwide corporation", microtransactions .

So next Premium container that comes and all the usual complain about "its gambling" as well "early access" with the also similar complains? that how WG got to where it is.

Players
10,032 posts
11,829 battles
1 hour ago, WWDragon said:

The system was designed to force people into paying.

Or, you know, "git gud" so you don't bleed credits when playing hightiers without premium content. Alternatively recover credits by playing mid tiers, thus populating them.

In WoT it worked just fine and in early days of boats it also was the case. But Lesta decided at some point to let players play and fail at tier 10 with premium camouflage blessing.

Players
19 posts
1,547 battles

i think VIII class CV repair cost its not fair than VIII class ship cuz VIII class with battleship you can gain credit and good xp without camo flag and premium

but with cv you lost every time silver. I did get it cv new before ranked battle also ship win rate its %63 

to day  i played again and this time good stats than few matches  in current matches i get 25 or 30k damage with 4000 or 3000 spotting and 1 kill 

but this time i did 60k with only 44 plane lost  no damage 

used some special flags and all normal flags camo only gain commander skill point +%250

i think normal cost its 99k silver not 109 or higher game forcing use every special things or i m just noob get bad stats i dont know 

won battle 

score 1.jpg

score 2.jpg

score 3.jpg

score 4.jpg

score.jpg

[XYZ]
Players
146 posts
On 8/30/2020 at 11:24 AM, ColonelPete said:

It will reduce the problem.

• less experienced player take longer to get to high Tier, gaining more experience in the process
  • less experienced players have to play more mid Tier to sustain their high Tier battles, gaining more experience in the process

Is this a employment pitch to WG ? less experienced players WILL compensate with real money if that happens, join a clan, start using (dodgy) mods, even out the difference in any way.  Your fantasy will. not. happen. 

[CATS]
Players
26,736 posts
14,367 battles
1 hour ago, rimmer_the said:

Is this a employment pitch to WG ? less experienced players WILL compensate with real money if that happens, join a clan, start using (dodgy) mods, even out the difference in any way.  Your fantasy will. not. happen. 

But that is the way it was 3 to 5 years ago.

If what you say were true, then the average research time to Tier X would not have changed the past years.

[DEFR]
[DEFR]
Players
1,266 posts
On 8/29/2020 at 7:15 PM, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

No need to make overall economics worse for everyone, just for the ppl that shouldnt play high tier.

On that note: for tier 8 & 10 cvs battle payout should indeed be increased, it is ridiculously low

For some reason... playing a stock tech tree T8 CV doesn't seem to pay the same kind of earning credits... that playing other types of T8 stock tech tree ships does if you win the match and do okay in it. I mentioned it ages ago while playing the Brit T8 CV and having a premium account running when they first got released, that I was struggling to make any money with a silver T8 CV (tech tree) while having a premium account running same time with it.

[XYZ]
Players
146 posts
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

But that is the way it was 3 to 5 years ago.

If what you say were true, then the average research time to Tier X would not have changed the past years.

And it will not go back to 3 or 5 years ago. You want skilled teammates in a f2p game? Forget it. Your tunnelvision even misses that some lines are so bad ad mid tier that it is very hard to grind through them as fast as you say.  And again we are being showered with camos that give a massive xp or free xp boost, as well as flags, 

[CATS]
Players
26,736 posts
14,367 battles
5 minutes ago, rimmer_the said:

And it will not go back to 3 or 5 years ago. You want skilled teammates in a f2p game? Forget it. Your tunnelvision even misses that some lines are so bad ad mid tier that it is very hard to grind through them as fast as you say.  And again we are being showered with camos that give a massive xp or free xp boost, as well as flags, 

I am not saying that it will go back.

I am saying that it will reduce the problem.

And the XP are not the problem. You need credits to buy ships.

• Cool 1

Players
19 posts
1,547 battles
7 saat önce, ColonelPete dedi:

I am not saying that it will go back.

I am saying that it will reduce the problem.

And the XP are not the problem. You need credits to buy ships.

yes problem its silver