Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Takethatyoubeast

It’s the weekend....

91 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
103 posts
3,486 battles

Win rate yesterday 54%....today 27% 🥴

 

Now full disclosure, I am not anything other than average at best with about 51% win rate and 3 of the 27 games today I made stupid mistakes and was punished for but I haven’t become that bad a player overnight. 
 

I even tried changing from DD to CA but to no avail 

 

Now I know that the weekend does bring in more players but some of the players today have just YOLO’d and these aren’t lower tiers I’m talking Pommern’s, Georgia’ and Odin’s and the one’s that don’t either lemming train or sit at the back of the map

 

I’m seriously considering not playing at the weekend because of this 

 

Any thoughts, view, jokes but no stupid replies (unless they are really funny!)

 

 

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Players
786 posts
2,634 battles

My thought would be that this is likely the result of a small sample size. Twenty-seven battles isn't many and so an unlucky streak has a more obvious effect.

 

Over a sufficiently large number of battles, it will be your skill that mainly affects WR. If average ability of players goes down at the weekend, while your skill remains the same, you should find that you win more often at weekends over a large enough sample – because over a large sample, you should get an even distribution of poor teammates between your team or the enemy team.

 

One thing you can do to make sure your skill does stay the same (as it were) is to not spam battles if you're getting frustrated, tilted or fatigued; it will lead to you playing worse and set up a vicious cycle.

 

Sorry you've had bad luck today though, hope things get better or that you're able to find something to do that is more fun :Smile_honoring:

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
26,704 posts
14,317 battles

It is a myth.

It does not really matter.

If the players were worse, you should get better results on average.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LEEUW]
Players
2,318 posts
10,110 battles

Me when my weekend teammates are all dead again after five minutes
LongShallowDikkops-size_restricted.gif

 

@Takethatyoubeast My best advice would be to play drunk and late at night in the weekends. So you dont feel the pain as much and the kids have already gone to bed. :cap_like:

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
4,072 posts
35 minutes ago, Takethatyoubeast said:

 

Any thoughts, view, jokes but no stupid replies (unless they are really funny!)

 

Well...

 

 

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TACHA]
Players
178 posts
3,223 battles

Well I've had a losing streak which made me focus a little more on what's needed to win which costs me damage and PR and apparently I'm now Super Unicum overnight :Smile_teethhappy:
Luck or unluck of the draw, more burnt offerings to RNGesus. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[INSEU]
Players
78 posts
2,024 battles

Hmm, I wonder why I never seem to experience "weekend" players or maybe they are there during the weekdays too :Smile_trollface:

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
4,709 posts
10,983 battles

weekend - "omg weekend players"

 

non-weekend  -  "omg they're all like weekend players"

 

 

/it's actually rather insane how "having a life and only being able to play weekends" is somehow an insult

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
502 posts
1,580 battles

Adapt, improvise and overcome.

 

Or the unprintable version the DI's at boot are fond of......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
4,703 posts
11,894 battles
2 hours ago, Takethatyoubeast said:

Win rate yesterday 54%....today 27% 🥴

 

Now full disclosure, I am not anything other than average at best with about 51% win rate and 3 of the 27 games today I made stupid mistakes and was punished for but I haven’t become that bad a player overnight. 
 

I even tried changing from DD to CA but to no avail 

 

Now I know that the weekend does bring in more players but some of the players today have just YOLO’d and these aren’t lower tiers I’m talking Pommern’s, Georgia’ and Odin’s and the one’s that don’t either lemming train or sit at the back of the map

 

I’m seriously considering not playing at the weekend because of this 

 

Any thoughts, view, jokes but no stupid replies (unless they are really funny!)

 

 

Ok, now let us entertain a thought.

Let's say that weekends come with a flood of much worse players. Let's take an extreme hypothetical situation: weekend having 100 times as many players as a weekday, with every single weekend warrior being worse than the average player.

 

What would that mean for you - an average player? Let's say that you're normally among the best 50% players, give or take. Now there are 100 times as many players, all the new ones being worse than you. That would mean that you'd now be among the best 0,5%. If that was the case, your winrate should actually soar instead of falling, wouldn't it?

 

What it tells us is that

a) In reality you just were less lucky/played a bit worse than usual, but it happened during the weekend, so you decided to attribute the results it to weekend players instead

b) Weekends are actually when YOU play worse

c) Weekends actually bring in BETTER players than average rather than worse

d) The meta at weekends is a bit different and you fail to adjust (this is a flavor of B, in fact, but a somewhat distinct one)

 

C seems somewhat unlikely and there's little you could do about it if that was the case (unless you stop playing on weekends in order to avoid these scary weekend pros :Smile_hiding:).

A, B and D have basically the same solution: get over yourself, learn to adjust your playstyle to the situation on the map and make sure to contribute as much as you can. Things should work out, especially long term, as bad luck tends to even itself out as you play enough.

  • Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,184 posts
9,230 battles

I mean...

Q5dJicu_QSWv8uDMh9Y9rA.png

This was my score about one to two weeks ago...it happens, what can you do.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
103 posts
3,486 battles
41 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Ok, now let us entertain a thought.

Let's say that weekends come with a flood of much worse players. Let's take an extreme hypothetical situation: weekend having 100 times as many players as a weekday, with every single weekend warrior being worse than the average player.

 

What would that mean for you - an average player? Let's say that you're normally among the best 50% players, give or take. Now there are 100 times as many players, all the new ones being worse than you. That would mean that you'd now be among the best 0,5%. If that was the case, your winrate should actually soar instead of falling, wouldn't it?

 

What it tells us is that

a) In reality you just were less lucky/played a bit worse than usual, but it happened during the weekend, so you decided to attribute the results it to weekend players instead

b) Weekends are actually when YOU play worse

c) Weekends actually bring in BETTER players than average rather than worse

d) The meta at weekends is a bit different and you fail to adjust (this is a flavor of B, in fact, but a somewhat distinct one)

 

C seems somewhat unlikely and there's little you could do about it if that was the case (unless you stop playing on weekends in order to avoid these scary weekend pros :Smile_hiding:).

A, B and D have basically the same solution: get over yourself, learn to adjust your playstyle to the situation on the map and make sure to contribute as much as you can. Things should work out, especially long term, as bad luck tends to even itself out as you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
103 posts
3,486 battles
2 minutes ago, Takethatyoubeast said:
45 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Ok, now let us entertain a thought.

Let's say that weekends come with a flood of much worse players. Let's take an extreme hypothetical situation: weekend having 100 times as many players as a weekday, with every single weekend warrior being worse than the average player.

 

What would that mean for you - an average player? Let's say that you're normally among the best 50% players, give or take. Now there are 100 times as many players, all the new ones being worse than you. That would mean that you'd now be among the best 0,5%. If that was the case, your winrate should actually soar instead of falling, wouldn't it?

 

What it tells us is that

a) In reality you just were less lucky/played a bit worse than usual, but it happened during the weekend, so you decided to attribute the results it to weekend players instead

b) Weekends are actually when YOU play worse

c) Weekends actually bring in BETTER players than average rather than worse

d) The meta at weekends is a bit different and you fail to adjust (this is a flavor of B, in fact, but a somewhat distinct one)

 

C seems somewhat unlikely and there's little you could do about it if that was the case (unless you stop playing on weekends in order to avoid these scary weekend pros :Smile_hiding:).

A, B and D have basically the same solution: get over yourself, learn to adjust your playstyle to the situation on the map and make sure to contribute as much as you can. Things should work out, especially long term, as bad luck tends to even itself out as you 

Just to be clear, I don’t need to get over myself. I’m not blaming weekend players, I don’t think it’s an inappropriate question to ask “why” my mine or any other persons win rate goes down. “Get over yourself” isn’t really very helpful in improving myself 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,520 posts
7,091 battles

Weekend = you come out on the top of team in a series of losses.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
4,703 posts
11,894 battles
17 minutes ago, Takethatyoubeast said:

Just to be clear, I don’t need to get over myself. I’m not blaming weekend players, I don’t think it’s an inappropriate question to ask “why” my mine or any other persons win rate goes down. “Get over yourself” isn’t really very helpful in improving myself 

Right.

3 hours ago, Takethatyoubeast said:

Now I know that the weekend does bring in more players but some of the players today have just YOLO’d and these aren’t lower tiers I’m talking Pommern’s, Georgia’ and Odin’s and the one’s that don’t either lemming train or sit at the back of the map

 

I’m seriously considering not playing at the weekend because of this 

Sure. You're not blaming anyone.

Just complaining that weekend players play badly and saying that you consider not playing on weekends because of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[1FA]
Beta Tester
22 posts
5,514 battles

I've got 11 games this morning, lost all of them. Took a break until tonight, lost some more. 

 

Time for Dota. :D

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
103 posts
3,486 battles
2 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Right.

Sure. You're not blaming anyone.

Just complaining that weekend players play badly and saying that you consider not playing on weekends because of that.

 

Right well thanks for your constructive input 

 

I can now go forth with full confidence that it is all my fault 
 

if you read the OP I say “Some” of the players, which last time I checked isn’t everyone otherwise I would have put “All weekend players are rubbish” which I didn’t 

 

Fact: My WR today is 1/2 what it was yesterday which is at the weekend. Is there a connection, I don’t know. I’ don’t hate weekend players and have seen some excellent play today on both sides today and I admit I made mistakes but the forum’s on the whole seem to have polarised views with no actual debate. But I’ll leave it there 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
103 posts
3,486 battles
24 minutes ago, pWnZoMg said:

I've got 11 games this morning, lost all of them. Took a break until tonight, lost some more. 

 

Time for Dota. :D

Ouch. I still can’t work out why it has bombed so much today. What Tier were you playing at? I sometimes think I should go lower tier if I am on a bad run 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,476 posts
7,604 battles
4 hours ago, Takethatyoubeast said:

Win rate yesterday 54%....today 27% 🥴

 

Now full disclosure, I am not anything other than average at best with about 51% win rate and 3 of the 27 games today ...................

How do you get a 27% WR out of 27 battles?

 

7/27 = 25.9%

8/27 = 29.6%

 

Some days you're just going to have days like that, it's how luck operates.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
4,834 posts
20,186 battles
4 hours ago, Takethatyoubeast said:

Any thoughts, view, jokes but no stupid replies (unless they are really funny!)

Guess you must have been in the teams I faced today... 'cause I managed a 74% winrate today... (11 battles) after 100% yesterday and the day before yesterday (4 battles each)

And yes, that's not how it normally goes for me. And no, it wasn't me who was responsible for the wins.

It's just as things sometimes go in this game...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
103 posts
3,486 battles
10 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

How do you get a 27% WR out of 27 battles?

 

7/27 = 25.9%

8/27 = 29.6%

 

Some days you're just going to have days like that, it's how luck operates.

 

 

 

9F41C7EB-BFBE-483B-9408-8B842C08B9EC.thumb.jpeg.aca3b5d4c3c7225086ed4fa25342bf1a.jpegI

 

i don’t know how. These are the games I played on the EU server today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I-J-N]
Players
4,579 posts
Just now, Takethatyoubeast said:

9F41C7EB-BFBE-483B-9408-8B842C08B9EC.thumb.jpeg.aca3b5d4c3c7225086ed4fa25342bf1a.jpegI

 

i don’t know how. These are the games I played on the EU server today

 

Easier and quicker to use a phone camera than, say, snipping tool?...:Smile_unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×