Stephen_Rippy_Fanboy

Getting sick of constantly getting booted up to login menu

13 comments in this topic

Question

Players
1 post
190 battles

Hey, everyone.

Recently, I've been playing Hearts of Iron IV, and being fascinated with the naval combat on that game (even if it's broken in some areas) brought me here.

I tried War Thunder as well, but eh. Didn't really make my style.

Any way, I keep having this problem that keeps booting me to the login menu. Sometimes, more than once per match. I've installed and reinstalled the game several times, including on a laptop, on the same home network.

I know that I'm not getting the ideal experience by using wifi, but my internet is fine. Just this month, I upgraded to a much better ISP with much better connection. Real optic fiber (my previous one didn't even provide that, even though they charged even more). 100Mb/s Upload/Download (Theoretical, ofc), with maybe 60 as the maximum in wifi and a very consistent ping. I have DMZ activated and my router is like, 2 meters away from my room where I play.

I have video proof to show to you. Check for Yourself.

Are there any known fixes to this problem? I also have a similar one on World of Tanks. 

https://youtu.be/O8ZzK5cJPCo

https://youtu.be/P8KdUOGMoWI

On the first one, the sound cuts in the middle because I alt tabbed, but I do it all the time, so it's not part of the problem (obviously)

12 answers to this question

[THESO]
Players
4,080 posts

You will have to play a game of elimination.

For starters, plug an UTP cable in and eliminate wifi problem...

• Bad 1

[LSCA]
Players
1,125 posts
9,295 battles

3 hours ago, Stephen_Rippy_Fanboy said:

Hey, everyone.

Recently, I've been playing Hearts of Iron IV, and being fascinated with the naval combat on that game (even if it's broken in some areas) brought me here.

I tried War Thunder as well, but eh. Didn't really make my style.

Any way, I keep having this problem that keeps booting me to the login menu. Sometimes, more than once per match. I've installed and reinstalled the game several times, including on a laptop, on the same home network.

I know that I'm not getting the ideal experience by using wifi, but my internet is fine. Just this month, I upgraded to a much better ISP with much better connection. Real optic fiber (my previous one didn't even provide that, even though they charged even more). 100Mb/s Upload/Download (Theoretical, ofc), with maybe 60 as the maximum in wifi and a very consistent ping.

I have video proof to show to you. Check for Yourself.

Are there any known fixes to this problem? I also have a similar one on World of Tanks. 

https://youtu.be/O8ZzK5cJPCo

https://youtu.be/P8KdUOGMoWI

On the first one, the sound cuts in the middle because I alt tabbed, but I do it all the time, so it's not part of the problem (obviously)

thats the issue, you using wifi . i been tell this for people at ages that wifi cant hande heavy traffic without network errors.

yes i know some people start defend yourself by  telling other game/s works fine. but not every game have same traffic needs

they can't fix this because your tcp fails. you need fix this self

buy lan cable atleast for your game pc

• Bad 1

[THESO]
Players
4,080 posts

You can do some checking yourself.

First of open a CMD and do a ping (packet sending between your device and WoWS servers):

ping login1.worldofwarships.eu -n 20

and

ping login2.worldofwarships.eu -n 20

See if you have any interruptions ... you should get 20 replies from each host.

Next you can do a trace (how data is transferred over devices between your device and WoWS servers):

tracert login1.worldofwarships.eu

and

tracert  login2.worldofwarships.eu

This will measure all hops between devices until you reach WG WoWS servers (located at 92.223.20.41 and 92.223.21.57).

Don't worry about "request timeouts" as some devices do not respond to ICMP....

• Bad 1

[LSCA]
Players
1,125 posts
9,295 battles
13 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

You can do some checking yourself.

First of open a CMD and do a ping (packet sending between your device and WoWS servers):

ping login1.worldofwarships.eu -n 20

and

ping login2.worldofwarships.eu -n 20

See if you have any interruptions ... you should get 20 replies from each host.

Next you can do a trace (how data is transferred over devices between your device and WoWS servers):

tracert login1.worldofwarships.eu

and

tracert  login2.worldofwarships.eu

This will measure all hops between devices until you reach WG WoWS servers (located at 92.223.20.41 and 92.223.21.57).

Don't worry about "request timeouts" as some devices do not respond to ICMP....

ping info not give you any fix, it only informs you what's up. i can play stable in na server at 100ms and stable in eu server at 35ms

[THESO]
Players
4,080 posts
1 minute ago, gabberworld said:

ping info not give you any fix, it only informs you what's up. i can play stable in na server at 100ms and stable in eu server at 35ms

I didn't say it will fix it.

He will see if he has "stable" connection. Request timeouts along with reply duration should give him some hints.

• Bad 1

[LSCA]
Players
1,125 posts
9,295 battles
4 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

I didn't say it will fix it.

He will see if he has "stable" connection. Request timeouts along with reply duration should give him some hints.

what he todo with this info? he just want play a game normally. he already tell that he have constant log outs

[ALYEN]
Players
1,619 posts
3,585 battles
4 hours ago, gabberworld said:

thats the issue, you using wifi . i been tell this for people at ages that wifi cant hande heavy traffic without network errors.

yes i know some people start defend yourself by  telling other game/s works fine. but not every game have same traffic needs

they can't fix this because your tcp fails. you need fix this self

buy lan cable atleast for your game pc

[Edited by Immoxb] I have wifi uplink, wifi home router, NO issues what so ever. when I get connection issues usually the forums are ablaze with complaints about the same.

unless some device in the chain has issues (limited visibility, weak signal), wifi is as stable as any cable connection. yes the ping might be a few ms worse, but that's about it.

• Cool 2

[ALYEN]
Players
1,619 posts
3,585 battles

1. play something else with similar network requirements (WarThunder, some MMORPG like Warcraft) if those give you problems

2. as nambr9 suggested, try a longer term ping test to see if your response times fluctuate or packets are dropped

There's a handy tool called pathping that can help you test each node in the path ...

• Cool 1

[BABBY]
Players
696 posts
10,435 battles

I've also been having this problem for years and only in WoWS, learned to live with it I guess. If anything, i'm under the impression it gets worse if i alt-tab at least once during the gaming session. And I often alt-tab during long queue times. Maybe some kind of a faulty server inactivity check?

PS my PC is connected by cable to a wifi router (other devices use the wi-fi), i have replaced the router last year, didnt help.

[LSCA]
Players
1,125 posts
9,295 battles
1 hour ago, BlackYeti said:

I've also been having this problem for years and only in WoWS, learned to live with it I guess. If anything, i'm under the impression it gets worse if i alt-tab at least once during the gaming session. And I often alt-tab during long queue times. Maybe some kind of a faulty server inactivity check?

PS my PC is connected by cable to a wifi router (other devices use the wi-fi), i have replaced the router last year, didnt help.

unfortunately there are cases where you never can fix this because off game server location vs your ISP cable/fiber/satellite travel locations.

only what you can todo is hope that your ISP provider connects to different networks as well for faster speed

also before you rush to buy new router, you can always connect pc directly to incoming internet cable if pc supports that. this tells right away if issue are inside router or not

[TFSB]
91 posts
1,906 battles

Please remain constructive and on-topic everyone - Keep the arguing to your PM's :)

Thread moved to Tech-corner. 

[BABBY]
Players
696 posts
10,435 battles
2 hours ago, gabberworld said:

unfortunately there are cases where you never can fix this because off game server location vs your ISP cable/fiber/satellite travel locations.

only what you can todo is hope that your ISP provider connects to different networks as well for faster speed

also before you rush to buy new router, you can always connect pc directly to incoming internet cable if pc supports that. this tells right away if issue are inside router or not

Nah, I replaced the router because it was old and didnt support modern transfer rates, but thanks for advice :Smile_smile:

Sign in to follow this