Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AkulaTSR

Camo`s - Or lack of

21 comments in this topic

[TSR]
Players
103 posts

Sorry if this has been mentioned before , i couldnt find anything about it , but throughout all my battles over the last few years , i have always had a plentiful supply of camos that im assuming i have earned through missions/containers etc (Always had loads so never paid attention) 

However im down to the dregs of my camo collection now - Has anyone else noticed this lately ? Are WG not dishing them out so easily now so we have to buy them or what ?

Is it a money making ploy ? Whats people opinions ? 

• Cool 1

Players
577 posts
4,556 battles

I have to say that indeed the piling up of camos seems to be slowing down. 

I would not necessary say that it is a money making ploy; maybe more of a ploy to slow down the speed at which people can grind down lines. And yeah, of course that can be circumvented by buying camos. But you can also get them from daily containers. Personally, I would say use them wisely. And personally I do not have too much of a problem with it (so far).

[TSR]
Players
103 posts
7 minutes ago, Dutchy_2019 said:

"........... maybe more of a ploy to slow down the speed at which people can grind down lines"

Had the money making idea in my mind , i had never even thought of that , good point.

Players
577 posts
4,556 battles
Just now, AkulaTSR said:

Had the money making idea in my mind , i had never even thought of that , good point.

Another reason that popped into my head: Force people to actually choose what they want to do with their coal.

- Buy ships

- Buy camouflages

- Buy captains

Note how I get the feeling that (a) the earning of flags and other in game reasources has increased (has been pushed as a way to earn resources), for instance in daily missions, or in recent events (the dockyards with their coal), and (b) everybody and their mother is telling new players to get daily resource containers.

As a result, I think people are racking up coal (and Free XP) at an increased pace. I spent all my coal and Free XP two weeks ago (at most) on Georgia and Aegir. Currently - having played ranked sprint today, a little more randoms than normal and something like 10 games of Narai - I am again sitting on 44k coal and 190k Free XP. And I have NOT made an excessive use of camouflages, and only decked out my ship in all possible flags in the Narai games (to get commander XP, and myself a 2nd 19pt captain).

[SINT]
Players
899 posts
20,926 battles

Really free camo’s are not that limited  but... they are given mostly during events and most of the time spending tokens on that events type of camo competes with other choices...  and we simply love to gamble for that crate that “ might” contain that earlier access ship etc.. How many of us used the summer sale tokens on the camo? 

You can still earn al lot of one time use camo’s.. From last year Xmas whaling I got  a hefty amount of Frosty camo’s and like. But I tend to use them also a lot more.. I used to play with permanent ( both from premiums and bought silver line)  camo a lot but since the difference between especially just 50% xp on permanent camo up to tier 8 and the massive extra bonus on most single use camo’s is so large, I even started to use the better onetime -use camo’s too... earlier I found it a waste to do so if a ship had perm camo...

Few years ago WG upgraded the low tier permanent camo’s from just 30% Xp to 50% Xp and a small discount on repair costs. Maybe an extra captain xp of + 50% is in order to make permanent camo’s more worthwhile.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
26,701 posts
14,317 battles
1 hour ago, AkulaTSR said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned before , i couldnt find anything about it , but throughout all my battles over the last few years , i have always had a plentiful supply of camos that im assuming i have earned through missions/containers etc (Always had loads so never paid attention) 

However im down to the dregs of my camo collection now - Has anyone else noticed this lately ? Are WG not dishing them out so easily now so we have to buy them or what ?

Not really...

shot-20_08.29_00_14.55-0437.thumb.jpg.2491b9f168ec76394c154851fef358be.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
947 posts
13,677 battles

Remember the Combat Missions were reworked in 0.9.5.

Before then we used to get the basic camos for free: 36x Type 1, 36x Type 2, and 12x Type 5 camouflages every month. Now we don't get any of those basic camos as we get more flags instead.

(Also the lucky players on NA get weekly CM-run contests for Premium camos just for participating; not here though).

I still have some anniversary camos stockpiled from before; next month you can get 2x anniversary camos for playing T5-T8 ships, so even though it's a bit of a chore that's another 218 camos for me. Should keep me going a while!

Edit: I suppose I should also mention PTS rewards are often Premium camouflages, and I have a good stock from those too. Worth doing if you have time to spare.

Players
57 posts
4,485 battles

Pete.. It wouldnt suprise me that much that you have so many camo's... since you spend more time on forum, then actually playing the game:Smile_hiding:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4

[CATS]
Players
26,701 posts
14,317 battles
1 minute ago, Measuperbia said:

Pete.. It wouldnt suprise me that much that you have so many camo's... since you spend more time on forum, then actually playing the game:Smile_hiding:

You usually get the camos by playing...

And I have threetimes your battle count...

• Bad 1

Players
57 posts
4,485 battles

And about 600 times more posts then me :cap_like:

No offence.. just saying mate.

Me grinding/regrinding 4 lines at the same time has resulted in almostly complete camo dry..:Smile_sad:

[CATS]
Players
26,701 posts
14,317 battles
3 minutes ago, Measuperbia said:

And about 600 times more posts then me :cap_like:

No offence.. just saying mate.

And? Other people have 0 posts. It means nothing and is completly offtopic.

Players
222 posts
12,144 battles

I am only just about to run out of the European Camos which I've been smashing through on ships to earn credits grinding lines. I have a good amount of others that would easily last me the rest of this year and part of next. Tend to focus camos in the event, particularly permanent ones, rather than early access loot boxes. I've still got a good stack of anniversary camos from last year.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,586 posts
41,601 battles

I do not feel that, this week f.e. you have missions that give camos. You have soon the anniv event , I am counting on 4-600 Camos from the SCs if it is similar distruibution as last year + 200 or more more from the T5-7.

I have no problem to keeping my plentiful stock, but I had problems the first two years or so.

It is more difficult for those that are F2P, esåpecially for newer players but not worse than before.  As a veteran even during regrinds I have wasted plenty of single-use camos but I have through the years picked up a large number of perma camos, also when there was a sale (I think it had happened twice during the years) of perma camos from T5-9 I bought permacamos for several ships that I liked. Also I seldom use a better camo on ships that I have a perma camo on even if they are mediocre. I have lately used better camos as I have so many of them, esp as I regrind also for better captains and the higher XP (100 vs 50) stacks better with the FreeXP signals etc. However in the coop part of the regrind (stockphase) I use the 50% ofc.

But i have bought perma camos for nearly all of my T10 non premium CV ships, that makes a lot for the influx and as i sometimes buy crates when I feel there is decent rewards the influx is steady. The Swedish DDs gave me a lot of camos as it is my own countrys DDs I wanted all the perma camos from missions so then it was natural to whale.

All those things together - some outlay of real money and perma camos makes you go + in the long run. I have not felt the influx of free camos diminish - and if it has been doing so well it can not be by that much.

In the beginning before the daily crates the influx was nearly zero, you had a weekly mission that if you managed stage 5 which was doing a kraken and survive T8+ you got 10 one use camos. I think the success rate of the player base was 5% or so. 

[ADRIA]
Players
245 posts
9,408 battles

Yup, lack of camos is an issue. Maybe not an issue for those who have stockpiled them in previous years/ events, when WG was giving away more of them. But currently getting camos is hard and there is no decent option to buy them.

• Bad 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,443 posts
15,728 battles

Hi all,

On 8/29/2020 at 12:19 AM, ColonelPete said:

Not really...

shot-20_08.29_00_14.55-0437.thumb.jpg.2491b9f168ec76394c154851fef358be.jpg

I also acquired quite a lot... :Smile_hiding:

0vQjynm.jpg

Leo "Apollo11"

[JRM]
Players
6,555 posts
24,729 battles
On 8/28/2020 at 10:37 PM, AkulaTSR said:

Well m8, some vocal minorities complained we all get 2 much free s*it from WG and its ruining the game, now we get morsels, hope they have a better game now...

[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
396 posts
19,654 battles

I have plenty of camos in stock, but the truth is that I am a whale who has premium camos on all frequently played high tier ships (e.g. all T8-T10 DDs, all RN CLs T6-T10,  et cetera...) 

shot-20.08.30_10.32.26-0702.jpg

Beta Tester
5,214 posts
24,008 battles

Indeed, free camos are rarer now, unlike the years before. Old players should have some reserves, new players not so much. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this