Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MadBadDave

Record for Secondary Hits

20 comments in this topic

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts

Anyone know what the record is for secondary hits ?.

I did this in FDG, while playing a co-op, like a lot of people I've had several 2026746946_FDGhighsecondaryhitsJune.thumb.jpg.70ea5a4662946e539c9c0b5044f45422.jpg500+ secondary hits but to date this is the highest = 643.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[NEXT]
Players
107 posts
8,004 battles

Once had 980 hits with my secondary spec iowa in coop. Farming the 4.5k hits in the puerto rico event. 

Did zero damage but a lot of hits😅

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts

I think i never saw such numbers and most my ships go by secondary builds :Smile_teethhappy:

But then again 600 shatters, bounces or torpedo protection 0 damage hits or whatever else goes behind the purple "secondary hit" ribbon does not contribute to score a lot per definition. They do not seem to have caused a lot of fires for so many hits either....

Still it is an impressive number. :Smile_honoring:

Players
2,374 posts
24,112 battles

About 400+ from random on Tirpitz and 500+ from coop on Georgia or Gascogne for me as I remember but dunno is it possible to check this anywhere.

Global record I bet it could be any french BB with 100mm guns without DE and IFHE ( too prevent too many fires or penetrations ) in Training Room against 12 stationary Kremlins.

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,559 battles

There is a Jingles video with 1500 hits in a Graf Zeppelin. 

In random, not coop. 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 4

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,257 posts
23,343 battles

418 hits and 114k secondary + fire damage. Cyclone helped quite a bit.

shot-19_01.13_02_09.28-0298.thumb.jpg.e01888efbca14294fc70452a1eb0ca1b.jpgshot-19_01.13_02_10.05-0000.thumb.jpg.dd78987f16b16eece361acc5c93f2f2a.jpg

In coop you can do much more because bots push in and just park in front of you. Or make a dedicated division like in the Zeppelin video.

[BOBS]
Beta Tester
258 posts
3,489 battles

462 in Ranked Sprint, which considering there is only 3 enemy you can fire at I think is quite credible :cap_rambo::cap_like:

2020-08-23 (16).png

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
649 posts
12,846 battles

In the ranked sprint I played Alsace with a secondary build, and I had several games with 600+ hits. In a random battle I've had about 850, also in Alsace.

Alsace has small-caliber secondaries that fire very fast, so it tends to get more hits than German battleships. However, the damage is minimal to battleships and most cruiser, so the secondaries are all about setting fires.

The highest I've seen is 1503 hits in the Graf Zeppelin game that Jingles featured. Graf Zeppelin has superior secondary battery dispersion, so it lands much more hits than anything else in game:

• Cool 3

Players
2,791 posts
33,218 battles
12 hours ago, Ze_Reckless said:

418 hits and 114k secondary + fire damage. Cyclone helped quite a bit.

shot-19_01.13_02_09.28-0298.thumb.jpg.e01888efbca14294fc70452a1eb0ca1b.jpgshot-19_01.13_02_10.05-0000.thumb.jpg.dd78987f16b16eece361acc5c93f2f2a.jpg

In coop you can do much more because bots push in and just park in front of you. Or make a dedicated division like in the Zeppelin video.

defeat with 345K, #feelsbadman 

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,639 posts
26,448 battles
3 hours ago, Execute0rder66 said:

defeat with 345K, #feelsbadman 

He must have been the captain of the muppets team... 

[TFSB]
107 posts
1,981 battles

I usually don't roll for secondary builds, I'm always dead before I manage to get 20 sec. hits :Smile_veryhappy:

But that score is really something. Wow :cap_wander:Better than I ever would or could have done. Good job!:cap_like:

Players
2,791 posts
33,218 battles
2 hours ago, 22cm said:

He must have been the captain of the muppets team... 

yea, the randoms quality is so low, 99% of the time you are at the mercy of MM when playing solo, doesn’t matter if you are the best player ever.

[SINT]
Players
1,066 posts
22,812 battles

Wonder what ship is actually the best to get hits ( ignoring actual dmg, just ribbon farming)? The French, German of the US 2nd specialized ships?

Normaly I go out with my secondary specialized Bismarck, but the US ( Massa, Georgia, Ohio) have that build in better accuracy... Normaly I don’t go French since lack of pen and normal accuracy but maybe for just co op ribbon farming they do have a nice number of guns..

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts
30 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

Wonder what ship is actually the best to get hits ( ignoring actual dmg, just ribbon farming)? The French, German of the US 2nd specialized ships?

Normaly I go out with my secondary specialized Bismarck, but the US ( Massa, Georgia, Ohio) have that build in better accuracy... Normaly I don’t go French since lack of pen and normal accuracy but maybe for just co op ribbon farming they do have a nice number of guns..

That's one of the reasons why I posted this topic tbh; secondary hit directives, High Tier DD's are best for main ribbons, (I have Halland, Gearing and Daring), with Kidd and Mino supporting.

Players
1,032 posts
3,699 battles
On 8/29/2020 at 6:42 AM, asalonen said:

Graf Zeppelin has superior secondary battery dispersion, so it lands much more hits than anything else in game:

just to add to the collection of things that make absolutely no sense in WoWS

[THESO]
Players
649 posts
12,846 battles
14 hours ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

just to add to the collection of things that make absolutely no sense in WoWS

It makes some sense to me, if you consider it strictly from gameplay point of view.

The real Graf Zeppelin did, in fact, have very heavy secondaries. In the game, the CV player is mostly stuck in the plane cockpit and not actively controlling the secondaries. So with the superior dispersion the secondaries land reliable hits even without manual secondaries and/or target lock. 

Parseval and Rekthofen also have improved secondary dispersion, just not as good as Graf Zeppelin. 

Sign in to follow this