You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Marrant

Just Bad Luck, or what...

18 comments in this topic

Players
4 posts
1,203 battles

Played 18 Random Matches today at Tier 4, 5 and 6. Only won 2 of them, and only survived to the end in 1.

For information, the 2 matches we did win were fun and enjoyable, not for the win, but because there were no CVs.

I think I'm going to stick to Tier 3 until they sort out the problem with CVs detecting the whole zone within 30 seconds of the match starting.

• Cool 2

Players
120 posts
7,404 battles
6 minutes ago, Marrant said:

Played 18 Random Matches today at Tier 4, 5 and 6. Only won 2 of them, and only survived to the end in 1.

For information, the 2 matches we did win were fun and enjoyable, not for the win, but because there were no CVs.

I think I'm going to stick to Tier 3 until they sort out the problem with CVs detecting the whole zone within 30 seconds of the match starting.

i wouldnt hold your breath mate.. They made a mistake with CVs but not likely to admit it. :Smile-angry:

• Cool 2

Players
281 posts
4,050 battles

T4 battles used to be pretty good fun.

Now, not so much. Sooner you get out of there the better.

• Cool 1

Players
1,713 posts
1 hour ago, Marrant said:

I'd suggest you checking below link:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/content/guides/

There is a lot of useful information especially in detailed guides.

Cheers,

• Cool 2

[NECRO]
Players
84 posts
1 hour ago, THE_JUDEAN_PEOPLES_FRONT said:

They made a mistake with CVs but not likely to admit it. :Smile-angry:

No mistake. A deliberate attempt to force their players into higher tier battles, where more money can be spent. The only loophole in that plan is that you still can play at T1 and T2 to give them the finger.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
3,319 posts

The correct way to do it is hold your nerve, smash through the pain barrier (and also get your self a Hosho:Smile_veryhappy:) and just work your way through it there are some really good higher tier ships, and CV's sadly are not going to go away

[-RAF-]
Players
613 posts
5,555 battles
2 ore fa, Marrant ha scritto:

edited the file by me, from wikipedia: "Fighter aircraft contrails mark the sky over Task Force 58, June 19, 1944"

Fighter_plane_contrails_in_the_sky.jpg

• Funny 1

[INSEU]
Players
78 posts
2,024 battles
4 hours ago, Marrant said:

There's gonna be a nerf for CV air detection in upcoming updates and the spotting power of CVs will be significantly decreased.

Devblog Article: https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/63

• Funny 1

Players
222 posts
12,144 battles
41 minutes ago, ZifTTroll said:

There's gonna be a nerf for CV air detection in upcoming updates and the spotting power of CVs will be significantly decreased.

Devblog Article: https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/63

Have you read the whole blog post. It only works with AA off and your will slowly return when switched on.....potentially good for dd's, not much use for other classes. Also good Cv players know how to hunt using detection and dropping fighters to keep dd's spotted whilst they swing around for an attack

• Cool 1

[TSR]
Players
103 posts
5 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

In your case? No.

So if it wasnt bad luck what was it then ?

Players
597 posts
4,591 battles
18 minutes ago, AkulaTSR said:

CV vs rest of the ships imbalance, combined with seal clubbers in CV's. Little you can do about it other than praying the enemy CV leaves you alone ASAP. I would say try and get to T5 along different ship- and nation-lines, and stay there for a while. Things will probably be difficult for some time even at that tier, but there you can learn the game, you can participate in directives and missions, and generally the CV vs rest of the ships imbalance is less of a problem.

[CATS]
Players
26,807 posts
14,383 battles
1 hour ago, AkulaTSR said:

Playing badly.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
26,807 posts
14,383 battles
11 minutes ago, AkulaTSR said:

How do you know that ?

His stats are public.

[INSEU]
Players
78 posts
2,024 battles
14 hours ago, Commander_Ericson said:

Have you read the whole blog post. It only works with AA off and your will slowly return when switched on.....potentially good for dd's, not much use for other classes. Also good Cv players know how to hunt using detection and dropping fighters to keep dd's spotted whilst they swing around for an attack

Well its still a nerf and not like CV players gonna spend 2 minutes looking for a dd with 2km air detection, more chance for DDs and cruisers to get into position without getting airspotted.

• Cool 1

Players
322 posts
10,954 battles

probs down to the changes in protected mm, since you have a large amount of games your not running into the new players at those lower tiers. Might have something to do with it. 

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,915 posts
10,577 battles

Hello,

Please use the sticky CV discussion thread for general CV topics. 

• Bad 1