You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Measuperbia

What BB combo?

20 comments in this topic

Players
60 posts
4,531 battles

Hey I will just throw this out there, and see what the general opinion is.

These are my preferences for BBs:

●I was thinking of using cpt.Halsey and/or cpt.Dunkirk.

●I like brawling and secondaries.

●I like manouverability.

●I would like one IX and one X (covering my need)

●Premuim ship would enable switching one cpt between multiple ships without penalty

So.. do I go with Thunderer + Georgia

Or..

Do I go with Ohio + Georgia

Or..

[Insert BB] + [Alaska] (I know its not a BB)

Or..

Possible German options?

Players
3,328 posts

Thunderer and Georgia I would say, many people love the latter but i find her a hard ship, both ships are of the less is more kind of thinking which I don't like, i want more and more, more guns the better.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,853 posts
5,332 battles
6 minutes ago, Measuperbia said:

Possible German options?

Pommern

Beta Tester
925 posts
9,396 battles

American premium BB's; secondaries, speed and agility. Only drawback is they can't brawl as good.

Maassa, Georgia and Ohio. Germans are slow and have standard secondaries and RN has only HE spammers, can't brawl and are slow.

[DEFR]
[DEFR]
Players
1,266 posts
2 hours ago, Measuperbia said:

●I like manouverability.

●Premuim ship would enable switching one cpt between multiple ships without penalty

Or..

Or..

Or..

Possible German options?

Just so you know, if your thinking of picking George for the secondary guns that is (Massa and George good secondary), and the fact it's more agile than your usual BB. It's nowhere near as good as Pommern for secondary gun fights. I have both ships and Pommern is easy better than George for the secondary guns

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,853 posts
5,332 battles
2 hours ago, MRGTB said:

Just so you know, if your thinking of picking George for the secondary guns that is (Massa and George good secondary), and the fact it's more agile than your usual BB. It's nowhere near as good as Pommern for secondary gun fights. I have both ships and Pommern is easy better than George for the secondary guns

Also, Pommern has that nasty sting in it's tail that is the torps. Also, while I'm pretty sure the Pomm can reliably citadel Georgia if shown broadside, I am not entirely sure the Georgia can return the favour.

Players
299 posts
5,308 battles
3 hours ago, lafeel said:

Also, Pommern has that nasty sting in it's tail that is the torps. Also, while I'm pretty sure the Pomm can reliably citadel Georgia if shown broadside, I am not entirely sure the Georgia can return the favour.

Experience from recent ranked sprint:

Georgia can't citadel Pommern.

Georgia doesn't need to.

Chucking away hp with secondaries plus devastating pens from all angles did the trick nicely. Just watch for the german loltorps.

[BRITS]
Beta Tester
347 posts
7,141 battles

Thunderer+Georgia.

You get 457mm guns on both. Thunderer has monster HE, reliable AP and accuracy. Georgia is better at tier 9, than Ohio is at Tier 10 and has the speed magic button. If you want to spend research points, Slava is the better option.

If you also want a third option: Alaska. :)

• Cool 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
6,584 posts
24,845 battles

Ohio + Georgia + Massa

[TFSB]
91 posts
1,906 battles

Kremlin/G.Kurfürst for tier X, Pommern for Tier IX, and Massa for tier VIII. 

[SHAD]
Players
2,605 posts
11,639 battles

Georgia is very strong but besides secondaries, it’s not a great brawler as it’s citadel is very exposed.

I run Georgia as a flanker and only have the secondary module. For everything else it’s a standard build at it works nicely.

Ohio is more of a brawler and I run it as a secondary build.

Thunderer is a terrible brawler but is great at range and very agile.

Pommern is the king brawler but I’m still not entirely sure how good the guns are at range.

Players
139 posts
4,455 battles
13 hours ago, Measuperbia said:

●I like brawling  

Then it is BB's with torps, because they will win a even fight against a BB who does not have them, or at lest have a huge advantage.

[DEFR]
[DEFR]
Players
1,266 posts
1 hour ago, gopher31 said:

Pommern is the king brawler but I’m still not entirely sure how good the guns are at range.

Worth noting that HE fire chance on Pommern is not too bad, even worth adding fire chance skill to the secondary build boosting it to 36% on main guns. It's a bit like GK, in that Pommern can actually use HE shells and start fires with them more often than you might think for a German BB (feels better than Tirps or Bismark) which both seem to have dire HE shells. As far as how the guns are at range with that sigma - no different I guess than the likes of Conq that doesn't have great sigma, but having 12 guns makes up for landing shots over distance.

Players
10,038 posts
11,833 battles
14 hours ago, Measuperbia said:

●I like manouverability.

Or..

Or..

Or..

Possible German options?

Well, Georgia covers all the bills and given both use 457mm guns and AFAIK have the same battlecruiser dispersion, I see little reason in getting both. Georgia due to not being tier 10 also gets you extra credits and can't enter T10 only games, which I find to be extremely stale and outright boring.

That said, while Georgia should work just fine with usual BB survivability oriented captain and still have improved secondaries, to get the most out of her secondaries you'd want dedicated captain.

[CAIN]
Players
4,490 posts
18,961 battles
6 hours ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

Georgia doesn't need to.

Chucking away hp with secondaries plus devastating pens from all angles did the trick nicely. Just watch for the german loltorps.

This sums it up nicely.

• Cool 1

Players
125 posts
5,525 battles
9 hours ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

Georgia doesn't need to.

Seconded. I dreaded going up against Pommern, and yeah when played well she rules (talking about ranked sprint). But as long as you stay out of torpedo range/angle, you are more dangerous to Pommern (in Georgia) than she is to you.

• Cool 1

Players
60 posts
4,531 battles

Georgia and Pommern, both for 228K coal... I guess I will ultimately decide when I have another 100K coal .. So should I then get Thunderer for coal first..?

Then save up more coal for Georgia/Pommern Or should I try for Ohio with RP? (since its not the same rescource)

Maybe just get the tech tree G.kürfurst as an TX brawler and save the RP?

[SM0KE]
Players
5,622 posts
13,904 battles
9 hours ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

I managed to get a citadel with Georgia on one of the KM BBs during the sprint (just one), and still don't know how I did it.

I read a while ago that it's possible if you shoot them in the right spot from the right angle, but I couldn't replicate it when I set up a training room to try...

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,853 posts
5,332 battles
10 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I managed to get a citadel with Georgia on one of the KM BBs during the sprint (just one), and still don't know how I did it.

I read a while ago that it's possible if you shoot them in the right spot from the right angle, but I couldn't replicate it when I set up a training room to try...

Think the German BB needs to be turning for that to be possible..

Players
60 posts
4,531 battles

If I dont spend my RP on Ohio.... then I could get 250FXP x2 and have the alaska right away. :cap_haloween: