You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mvttt

an idea that may be something good

13 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
10,678 battles

hello  everyone 

recently i have noticed people  struggle in game  where the best spot to be in the battle , such as when to snipe and when to push , where each type of ships is best place and how to counter the snipe or the push strategy .

so i thought  what about if there was a mode where u act like the commander of all the fleet , you pick what ships ur fleet gonna be and u can divide the fleet into groups and instruct their behavior in the fight.

that is  the basic idea ofc , u can add a lot of features and lot of ideas that can serve this mode to be fun and engaging , but i am trying to share the base idea of such game-play which i think will make  players base more strategic in their game play and open up a new type of playing this game where the battle fate is in ur hands  :)

sorry  for my English , if anyone got some thoughts that can be really fun to be around that idea post and tell me guys what u think , maybe if you guys thought its a nice idea war-gaming would look into this  thx all.

p.s:  this can be even applied to war of tanks and war of planes.

i read  ur posts guys and i think i got misunderstand :/

i was thinking about 1 vs 1 mode where the fleet is  bots its like playing chess..

but since every one thinking about all players mode maybe the commander's  orders could be as quests to other ships and they get rewarded for completing the task or the commander can have some support skills like Aoe healing  for some seconds or increase accuracy/damage or send plans to smoke a flank for period of time things like that 

Edited by Mvttt
  • Cool 4

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,581 battles

Wasn't there such a thing in Battlefield 2 ? But alas, this game predates realtime satelite overviews.....:Smile_teethhappy:

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles
12 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Most would not listen...

:Smile_great:

This, as it is, asking your team for anything, in any battle mode falls on def ears... mostly, you get the few who listen/cooperate but most just sail going pew pew and sutch. :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 2

[_PDW_]
Players
52 posts
13,043 battles

But at least everybody can shift all the blame to the commander.:fish_haloween:

• Funny 7

[MUMMY]
Players
452 posts
9,653 battles

Already exists in game.

The spot of Commander is usually occupied by a <45% WR scrub that was the first to die.

Usually shouts non sensical gibberish to those that are not dead, encourages the team with calls of "noob OMFG, WHY>!>! WHY MM>!>!" and gets all salty when people that know how to sail chat back with "lol git gooder".

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
2 posts
10,678 battles
2 hours ago, Mvttt said:

hello  everyone 

recently i have noticed people  struggle in game  where the best spot to be in the battle , such as when to snipe and when to push , where each type of ships is best place and how to counter the snipe or the push strategy .

so i thought  what about if there was a mode where u act like the commander of all the fleet , you pick what ships ur fleet gonna be and u can divide the fleet into groups and instruct their behavior in the fight.

that is  the basic idea ofc , u can add a lot of features and lot of ideas that can serve this mode to be fun and engaging , but i am trying to share the base idea of such game-play which i think will make  players base more strategic in their game play and open up a new type of playing this game where the battle fate is in ur hands  :)

sorry  for my English , if anyone got some thoughts that can be really fun to be around that idea post and tell me guys what u think , maybe if you guys thought its a nice idea war-gaming would look into this  thx all.

i was thinking about 1 vs 1 mode where the fleet is  bots its like playing chess..

but since every one thinking about all players mode maybe the commander's  orders could be as quests to other ships and they get rewarded for completing the task or the commander can have some support skills like Aoe healing  for some seconds or increase accuracy/damage or send plans to smoke a flank for period of time things like that 

[TOXIC]
Players
4,722 posts
12,001 battles
59 minutes ago, Mvttt said:

Well, the problem with that idea is that this would literally be a completely different game. As in: different genre altogether. You're asking for an RTS that has little in common with WoWs aside from naval theme and, perhaps, re-use of some assets to lower development costs.

[SHAFT]
Players
285 posts
4,059 battles
11 hours ago, Mvttt said:

hello  everyone 

I think, in a nutshell this is just clan battles.

Random players always do exactly the opposite of what you tell them to do.

• Cool 2

Players
875 posts
3,425 battles
On 8/28/2020 at 2:30 AM, Mvttt said:

hello  everyone 

yes, I had exactly the same idea but I reckon it would need a lot of development work for a result that might fall well short of expectations.

[-NFG-]
[-NFG-]
Players
213 posts
7,605 battles

This does already exist.  It's called Azur Lane

• Funny 1

Players
730 posts

There's an old game called Harpoon that was really good for its' time that was exactly the type of game that Mvttt would like. Except that it was set in modern naval warfare. Plus it was PVE.

PVP would be difficult for a realistic type operational level naval combat game, because you'd want the ability to time compress, depending on what was happening in the battle.

But yes, I think there's a gap in the market for a well executed and well marketed operational level 1914 to 1945 naval combat game.

It's one that I would probably play in preference to the cartooney, arcadey World of Warships.

It's the sort of game that Paradox would be more likely to do well than Wargaming.

• Cool 1