Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HassenderZerhacker

is WoWS RNG previsible enough to be fun?

5 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
1,034 posts
3,699 battles

I just came out with my Hipper from a battle where I sent two volleys of AP shells aimed just above waterline into the nearly 90° broadside of a 3.5km distant Cleveland, where I did uninteresting damage. I was angled 45° but he killed me.

 

I realized I feel much frustration from this type of situation where I feel I did the best I could and the game doesn't give me the expected *deserved* result. It's really unfun for me, and unfun sooner or later ends up getting uninstalled.

 

What are your feelings about this? Do you feel like the game rewards good tactics enough, or do you feel like RNG stands in your way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,682 posts
20,811 battles

It is by design to stand in the way for some and help others. Its fine for the most part as far as Im concerned. It allows for mistakes every now and then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
30,061 posts
15,430 battles
10 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

Do you feel like the game rewards good tactics enough, ...

yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CHEFT]
Players
12,410 posts
9,841 battles
13 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

or do you feel like RNG stands in your way?

 

Too many "weird" incidents let me believe, its not really RNG

- Permanently shooting a broadside target, getting overpens and pens, but not cita. When target has a like 1k HP, you get a citadel <-- MANY streamers also complain about that, and it really happens often. To me it feels like "you got your citadel, now be happy"

- Last salvo/secondaries from a dying ship tends to start a fire very often. Last salvo also feels super accurate, dealing tons of damage, even tho prior salvos you didnt receive much because you were and still are properly angled

- If you are about to kill a ship, you often get fires from secondaries, even tho you didnt get a fire before. My new record are now 3 fires within a few seconds with Pommern on a Musashi while doing a driveby at 1km (how my secondaries manage to hit every part of the ship is a mistery on its own). This is a bit like the citadel stuff, you could call it statistic rigging, as you got the amount of fires you were supposed to, even tho they actually didnt do anything.

- One salvo starts 2 or even more fires, target DCPs and you dont get a fire till his DCP is back up again. Same happens often enough with BBabies DCPing one fire. Last times i had to DCP 1 fire, because i would have died, i received 4 fires from a T61 with 3 salvos, and 3 fires from Mogami with 2 salvos.

 

Also thank you, my tinfoilhat is sitting nice and tight :Smile_hiding:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,791 posts
33,218 battles
29 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

I just came out with my Hipper from a battle where I sent two volleys of AP shells aimed just above waterline into the nearly 90° broadside of a 3.5km distant Cleveland, where I did uninteresting damage. I was angled 45° but he killed me.

 

I realized I feel much frustration from this type of situation where I feel I did the best I could and the game doesn't give me the expected *deserved* result. It's really unfun for me, and unfun sooner or later ends up getting uninstalled.

 

What are your feelings about this? Do you feel like the game rewards good tactics enough, or do you feel like RNG stands in your way?

Replay?

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×