You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
WarDax

Training Sessions

19 comments in this topic

[REGIN]
Players
135 posts

I wonder to what extent and usage you have of Training Sessions.

Currently I have been testing out firing ranges and movement of a few different ships, also taken a few different level ships to check them out and see how they manoeuvre. The AI does not seem to be overwhelmingly smart so testing battle scenarios would have limited input. I see there are rooms available so I guess people join up to train vs each other. For now i create my own and dabble a bit.

Generally speaking, what do you use the TS for? There is hardly any info on the Wiki or the Game guide...

Players
78 posts
2,024 battles

Its basically your own Warships sandbox do whatever you want in it.

[XTREM]
Players
4,195 posts
11,532 battles

I use it to show how inferior certain CV players are against my Kidd. Especially the ones boasting about having an easy time killing DDs. Those are my favorites. 

Players
3,300 posts
19,066 battles
13 minutes ago, _Warfarin_ said:

I use it to show how inferior certain CV players are against my Kidd. Especially the ones boasting about having an easy time killing DDs. Those are my favorites. 

Well you might wanna add some players in surface ships to enemy team aswell than. Because you know, the moment you turn on your AA, everyone and their mothers shoot at you. 

[XTREM]
Players
4,195 posts
11,532 battles
2 minutes ago, ghostbuster_ said:

Well you might wanna add some players in surface ships to enemy team aswell than. Because you know, the moment you turn on your AA, everyone and their mothers shoot at you. 

No. this is about them boasting being able to deal with the DDs alone without a team. so they get exactly that. 

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,192 posts
11,284 battles

Other than organising private tournaments, 

you can use training room mostly and very effectively for the following, 

1) after getting a new ship, getting the hang of its mobility, shell velocity, penetration,

2) shooting against different ships and try to find their weaknesses

3) testing stuff in a controlled environment, 

4) you can train for CB (spectator mode really helps the FCs) 

5) you can teach new players (clan members, friends) to do certain stuff or to show them certain mechanics. 

Training room is an amazing facility If you ask me.. 

oh and you can have fun in there.. 

picking a smolensk against 10 - 12 tier 2 Pan As DDs for example.. so much fun :D

you mostly die.. If you charge into them.. you need to flank! 

Oh, and you can always blap @_Warfarin_ 's kidd with your lexy :) and listen him cursing himself for turning like a noob! 

after losing almost %75 of your reserves ofcourse.. but that is not important here.. 

• Cool 2

Players
3,300 posts
19,066 battles
43 minutes ago, _Warfarin_ said:

No. this is about them boasting being able to deal with the DDs alone without a team. so they get exactly that. 

Are they boasting being able to deal with DDs in a random battle? Probably yes. Do they warn their team about not to shoot the DD they are about to spot? Probably no. 

Besides what are we even discussing here. DDs are totaly helpless against CVs. Before the rework DDs had at least some kind of counterplay. Right now only counterplay is "smoking up".

[XTREM]
Players
4,195 posts
11,532 battles
6 minutes ago, ghostbuster_ said:

Right now only counterplay is "smoking up

whole maybe true in random battle if the enemy CV is a good CV player and I don't mean simple 60%good....

its certainly not true for training room 1on1 fun. The CV will have a hard time there. 

Players
3,300 posts
19,066 battles
16 minutes ago, _Warfarin_ said:

whole maybe true in random battle if the enemy CV is a good CV player and I don't mean simple 60%good....

its certainly not true for training room 1on1 fun. The CV will have a hard time there. 

Are we playing this game in random or in trainings room? 

Besides, 99% of CV players being potato is irrelevant since its a stupid thing to balance the game according to bad players. Thats where WG has been doing the biggest mistake. When we are talking about balance and class vs class interactions, we should take the max capability of both classes into account. 

[XTREM]
Players
4,195 posts
11,532 battles
7 minutes ago, ghostbuster_ said:

Are we playing this game in random or in trainings room? 

Besides, 99% of CV players being potato is irrelevant since its a stupid thing to balance the game according to bad players. Thats were WG has been doing the biggest mistake. When we are talking about balance and class vs class interactions, we should take the max capability of both classes into account. 

Im not talking about balance. obviously CVs are broken and op. 

But if only 10 players on EU can kek on me while I play DD even if they have a "team" behind their back helping I personally don't care and I care even less in training rooms. Not denying CVs being to strong. Just saying that it needs more than just flying a squadron all pepega in circles around a DD to kill it. And if a CV needs to rely on teammates to finish off a DD in a CV then that player is bad no matter the balance. 

[LUZ1]
Players
878 posts
12,856 battles
2 hours ago, ghostbuster_ said:

Are they boasting being able to deal with DDs in a random battle? Probably yes. Do they warn their team about not to shoot the DD they are about to spot? Probably no. 

Besides what are we even discussing here. DDs are totaly helpless against CVs. Before the rework DDs had at least some kind of counterplay. Right now only counterplay is "smoking up".

In the 1v1 sprint some time ago I killed a couple of CVs in my Lightning :Smile_trollface:

[BLITZ]
Players
2,842 posts
11,418 battles
2 hours ago, ghostbuster_ said:

Right now only counterplay is "smoking up".

*cries in his European destroyer

[REGIN]
Players
135 posts
3 hours ago, Excavatus said:

Other than organising private tournaments, 

you can use training room mostly and very effectively for the following, 

1) after getting a new ship, getting the hang of its mobility, shell velocity, penetration,

2) shooting against different ships and try to find their weaknesses

3) testing stuff in a controlled environment, 

4) you can train for CB (spectator mode really helps the FCs) 

5) you can teach new players (clan members, friends) to do certain stuff or to show them certain mechanics. 

Training room is an amazing facility If you ask me.. 

oh and you can have fun in there.. 

picking a smolensk against 10 - 12 tier 2 Pan As DDs for example.. so much fun :D

you mostly die.. If you charge into them.. you need to flank! 

after losing almost %75 of your reserves ofcourse.. but that is not important here.. 

I did line up 2 Bismarcks vs 2 Yamato and Bismarck almost won. Or rather, I lost, barely. Then I lined up Bismarck and Hindenburg vs ...hmmm. I don't recall but a high level Jap Destroyer plus Iowa, and Bismarck/Hindenburg won. But I seriously doubt beating the AI is anything to brag with.  Many islands, hide and seek...

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,192 posts
11,284 battles
1 hour ago, WarDax said:

I did line up 2 Bismarcks vs 2 Yamato and Bismarck almost won. Or rather, I lost, barely. Then I lined up Bismarck and Hindenburg vs ...hmmm. I don't recall but a high level Jap Destroyer plus Iowa, and Bismarck/Hindenburg won. But I seriously doubt beating the AI is anything to brag with.  Many islands, hide and seek...

who said it is about winning or loosing? 

you go in there mostly for; 

testing, 

training, 

teaching... 

there is no other place you can do that in game.. 

• Cool 1