You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mercy_Main

Dutch forum?

63 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
3,110 posts
12,188 battles

Nee! Nooit nie. Hoekom....ons hou van engels. One another note, suppose that depends on how big the dutch playerbase is? Have you contacted one of of the community managers? @MrConway

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BODEM]
Players
802 posts
7,026 battles

It's funny, the Dutch and national subforums, akin to a Dutch language option in games. We used to never have one because the Dutch get to be proficient at English because of school and everything getting subbed in the media. Nowadays all children television gets dubbed, seriously hampering learning English from a young age. I don't like it. 

Just random muzing, mind you. Nothing to do with the reason of the OP to ask for a Dutch forum. Just reminded me of the fact.

• Cool 5

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,452 posts
12,546 battles

When you think they've closed a couple (turkish & Spanish) subforums due to low number of forum goers,in 2018, 

I don't see they are opening a new one unless there is a flood of dutch players coming into game and forum with ever increasing numbers. 

• Cool 3

[-ENF-]
[-ENF-]
Players
40 posts
10,761 battles

There a lots of Dutch players but we just addapt to the english language and not like others who just keep on going in their own languageworld.

• Cool 1

Players
3,682 posts
20,811 battles
21 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

When you think they've closed a couple (turkish & Spanish) subforums due to low number of forum goers,in 2018, 

I don't see they are opening a new one unless there is a flood of dutch players coming into game and forum with ever increasing numbers. 

I am. The Flood.

• Funny 2

[TC1S]
Players
2,655 posts
13,824 battles
2 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

I only know one word of Dutch. Pretty sure I'd get banned if I used it on the Dutch forum. :Smile_Default:

Just call them 'straatmadelief' instead of your nasty word.

Also, this request is discrimination of Flemish players, there's more people in the world speaking Dutch than just the Dutch :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[I-J-N]
Players
6,225 posts
8 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

Also, this request is discrimination of Flemish players, there's more people in the world speaking Dutch than just the Dutch :Smile-_tongue:

Don't forget the Pennsylvania Dutch... though they might actually be Germans. Confusing this is.:Smile_unsure:

Beta Tester
2,290 posts
6,362 battles
3 hours ago, FukushuNL said:

Nowadays all children television gets dubbed, seriously hampering learning English from a young age. I don't like it.

The children shows feel like watching German television. Worst is that everyone has the same voices, because hiring more than ten voice actors is apparently impossible. So many brilliant wordjokes are lost in translations.

Subs were a lot better, but hey, managers these days think everything should be simplistic and all.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
2,290 posts
6,362 battles
26 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

My wife is from Brugge. There's more than Antwerp Flemish too. ;)

Players
1,088 posts
6,684 battles
16 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Don't forget the Pennsylvania Dutch... though they might actually be Germans. Confusing this is.:Smile_unsure:

And the Afrikaners

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TC1S]
Players
2,655 posts
13,824 battles
1 minute ago, Figment said:

My wife is from Brugge. There's more than Antwerp Flemish too. ;)

Did someone claim otherwise? She's historically more Flemish than the rest of us too.

Beta Tester
2,290 posts
6,362 battles
5 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

Did someone claim otherwise? She's historically more Flemish than the rest of us too.

Nobody would claim otherwise, I'm sure. :P

• Funny 2

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,515 posts
54 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

That's just because 'Muricans are idiots and think Europe is a distant country :cap_book:

• Funny 1

[BODEM]
Players
802 posts
7,026 battles
1 hour ago, Figment said:

The children shows feel like watching German television. Worst is that everyone has the same voices, because hiring more than ten voice actors is apparently impossible. So many brilliant wordjokes are lost in translations.

Subs were a lot better, but hey, managers these days think everything should be simplistic and all.

You hitting the nail right on the head! It's always so bad when Eddy Murphy, Arnold Swartz, Dwayne Johnson and Jacky Chan sound exactly the same in a language that heavily uses dubs.

[_I_]
Players
876 posts
20,342 battles
14 hours ago, Mercy_Main said:

Can we please have a section for the Dutch on the WoWS forums? :)

I think the community AND peoples language skills benefits mostly from having english only forum. I'd be all for closing all the others.

• Cool 6

[SLAPP]
Players
1,489 posts
9,245 battles

yes would be something. only an english forum ppl actualy understanding each other on the EU server.

you notice on NA that ppl engage way more in chat. Wich make for strange but funny conversations.

• Cool 3

[NED]
Players
2,107 posts
8,378 battles
3 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Its not confusing when you consider the yankees cant pronounce pennsylvania Deutsch.

• Cool 1

[BBMM]
Players
6,772 posts
9,569 battles
5 hours ago, Excavatus said:

It will not happen. Dutch like to get everything cheap. 

So, unless WG makes a 50% off deal.... no flood, no sale. :Smile_coin:

But, just in case, learn some Dutch here:

• Funny 5

[I-J-N]
Players
6,225 posts
1 minute ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

It will not happen. Dutch like to get everything cheap. 

So, unless WG makes a 50% off deal.... no flood, no sale. :Smile_coin:

I see.. so this is where the Dutch treat comes from...

• Cool 1