Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

ST 0.9.7 - changes to test ships (DB 64)

21 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
5,091 posts
4,253 battles

Hi,

We would like to present you the changes which are going to be made on ships which are in testing phase. 

Read more

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.

• Bad 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,777 posts
21,329 battles

DFAA.

Did you guys forget that you made that consumable worthless or sth?

tenor.gif

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1

[ENUF_]
Beta Tester
318 posts
17,268 battles

I don't get it. Belfasts Radar was 9 km before already and the smoke dispersion time was 40s aswell. Or did I miss a dev blog? 

• Cool 1

Players
473 posts
16 minutes ago, Captn_Crap said:

I don't get it. Belfasts Radar was 9 km before already and the smoke dispersion time was 40s aswell. Or did I miss a dev blog? 

You are right, nothing changed unless they did the opposite and increased range range and smoke dispersion time.

As it stands Belfast 43 is a worst Edinburgh with its only "upside" is that it have HE, what make Belfast OP at Tier VII isnt going to make it OP at Tier VIII, trading UK Heal for HE rounds is not even close to a fair trade, smoke being 15/60 is still almost half of 15/106 of Edinburgh and yes, I am aware that Belfast 43 cannot be a copy of Edinburgh but there are ways around that, just get rid of the planes so it cannot selfspot in smoke, give it Pearl smoke generator or something but as long it doesnt have a heal with that armor scheme and that range ... its a Harbor Queen.

Players
2,791 posts
33,218 battles
20 minutes ago, Captn_Crap said:

It was 9km when it was first introduced, radar not changed. But that may mean, STs tested a 10km radar version and by mistake the change back to 9km was noted on devblog.

bel.JPG

[SHAD]
Players
3,534 posts
14,494 battles

Yes Belfast looks really underwhelming. 
What were they thinking when they did the refit!!

Quite a nerf for the Kansas and a Sledghammer to the Florida.

• Cool 1

Players
1,158 posts

Every time I read these :etc_swear: things I don't know whether to Laugh or Puke, the whole New Premium thing is turning into a Farce imo. not one ship that's been churned out this year has met with any Great Praise  from the player base, One Meh ship after another and here it looks like a whole nest of the damned things, 40s smoke on the Belfast why :etc_swear: bother just bin the poor thing off instead of embarasing the British again with your antics, Slashing everything on poor Florida, it should be renamed USS Pinata the way things are going, :Smile_facepalm::Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 2

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,243 posts
30,034 battles

Interestingly, gm3d is showing 10km radar and 60sec smoke. WG probably made some mistake by setting wrong values on ST for those consumables.

[BLITZ]
Modder
5,076 posts
9,396 battles

All I see is:

Testship nerfed

Testship nerfed

Testship nerfed

Testship nerfed

looking for Testship nations

ah...

now I understand

Stalins cold hand can't protect them all

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Players
1,158 posts
20 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

No changes to Anchorage...

Shhhhhhhh don't give them anymore ideas, they;re concentrating on ruining Belfast at the moment and smashing the Paulp Emilio :Smile_hiding:

I could just imagin a UK based Artwork Dept .:etc_swear: it I'm designing Nothing else if you lot are going to keep Screwing it over" :Smile_child:

[PANEU]
Players
1,046 posts
4,326 battles

Oh now 2 less rockets on fdr. It's gonna be unplayable. :cap_fainting:Really WG? Now the yoshino is saw getting blapped for 30k through rockets only eats 28k.thats still quite much tho. 

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,800 posts
14,501 battles

Kansas Sigma nerf?...

No dispersion mod, 40s reload, 20km range... and 1.5 sigma?...

If you're sure...

Florida nerf is pretty heavy, I am not surprised by the HP nerf tbh the 64k was rivaling Nagato.

Paolo nerf, again, I guess finding the right alpha and DPM for these DD SAP shells is quite challenging.

• Cool 1

[4_0_4]
Players
8,012 posts
14,352 battles

DefAA on BBs

mx.gif

You do realize how worthless that skill is right?

What purpose serves this consumable on BBs?

To me it's obvious: WG again has no real clue how to make the ships attractive, so they fall back to old habits of slapping Gimmicks on underwhelming lines.

• Cool 2

1,800 posts
14,501 battles

The damage bonus of DFAA is still enough to turn flak damage into instant kills on any plane that connects with them instead of just dealing 60-90% hp damage.

Also, Vermonts AA DPS is the highest in the game, even if the range limits it to mostly self defense.

• Cool 2

Players
7,520 posts
245 battles
15 hours ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

The damage bonus of DFAA is still enough to turn flak damage into instant kills on any plane that connects with them instead of just dealing 60-90% hp damage.

Also, Vermonts AA DPS is the highest in the game, even if the range limits it to mostly self defense.

Which only useful against, bad CV players.

Also only relevant if said ship is hit yet which will reduce the number of AA mounts and therefore reduce the amount of DPS actually avaliable.

And since vermont is fat slow and a HE spammers wet dream she is the perfect target for CV's.

So yes still useless.

1,800 posts
14,501 battles
1 minute ago, CptBarney said:

Which only useful against, bad CV players.

Also only relevant if said ship is hit yet which will reduce the number of AA mounts and therefore reduce the amount of DPS actually avaliable.

Mostly against bad CVs yes, but as long as it is still bugged to cause some flak to unavoidably spawn inside planes the damage is still relevant. Plus, another ship nearby can add enough flak to make avoiding it enough to negatively impact the attempt.

And since vermont is fat slow and a HE spammers wet dream she is the perfect target for CV's.

So yes still useless.

Her newly buffed armor and massive bulge space makes her actually quite resistant. 203s and IFHE 152s cannot pen most of it now.

Players
7,520 posts
245 battles
5 minutes ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

Mostly against bad CVs yes, but as long as it is still bugged to cause some flak to unavoidably spawn inside planes the damage is still relevant. Plus, another ship nearby can add enough flak to make avoiding it enough to negatively impact the attempt.

Still not enough for a cv to strike her 1+ times if the player in question knows how to dodge and doesn't suicide planes half the time. Also flak is terrible at height following (when planes suddenly go up or down quickly) so that can still be abused.

5 minutes ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

Her newly buffed armor and massive bulge space makes her actually quite resistant. 203s and IFHE 152s cannot pen most of it now.

Her bow and aft plus SS can still be penned unless that got buffed as well, i havent actually followed the news regarding the ships, but looking at their most recent buffs it makes me wonder why they thought the first iteration was a good idea. Either way remembering back from the models showcased they had a lot of their AA mounts in the middle of the ship and quite a large SS so i suspect lots of their AA to be knocked out regardless.

I still wouldn't rely on your AA to be too useful and focus on map control, positioning and winning as that will help your own CV (as most players aren't exactly great) and allows you to end theirs or prevent theirs from doing too much useful quickly.

Although if its 38mm's then thats similar to georgias side armour which is ok i guess.

Oh well.

[SHAD]
Players
3,534 posts
14,494 battles

Florida does have supercruiser dispersion so I do wonder if they are struggling to balance 12 battleship guns with that.

with 30sec reload it had the same dispersion pattern as a Champagne but 66% higher AP dpm. Of course, it hasn't got close to the same pen.

Geogia has the same dispersion pattern with 1.8 sigma but 30k less dpm.

Agir with less powerful guns also fails to match the Floridas dpm.

The California has normal battleship dispersion and even with these changes has less AP dpm than the Florida.

Florida also had 5500 more HP than the California.

It seems to me that Wargaming made the Florida far too strong and are now dialing it back.

After being smashed by the nerf hammer, Florida remains an interesting proposition.

Sign in to follow this