You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_Lupastro_

1.000.000 Free XP.. Now what?..

35 comments in this topic

Players
472 posts
8,900 battles

Hi everybody!

I've reached 1M of FXP and maybe it's time to collect a new ship.

Not very interested in Azuma, even if I don't know why...:Smile_teethhappy: just feelings...

Can't choose Alaska or Agir... Atm I'm having fun with german ships, Hipper, Mainz, Bismarck...

But Alaska and Agir seems similar, same guns, Alaska has batter armor on paper... Can't decide... I'm not looking for an OP ship or a "choose this for easy win"

Or maybe I have just to reach 2M and take Friesland... But I'm not very skilled to play with this kind of Dds.. So...

What's your opinions?

[OCTO]
Players
1,227 posts
27,938 battles
1 minute ago, _Lupastro_ said:

Hi everybody!

Not very interested in Azuma, even if I don't know why...:Smile_teethhappy: just feelings...

Can't choose Alaska or Agir... Atm I'm having fun with german ships, Hipper, Mainz, Bismarck...

But Alaska and Agir seems similar, same guns, Alaska has batter armor on paper... Can't decide... I'm not looking for an OP ship or a "choose this for easy win"

Or maybe I have just to reach 2M and take Friesland... But I'm not very skilled to play with simile e DDs... So...

What's your opinions?

Alaska is probably the best choice. 

• Cool 2

[SHAFT]
Players
11,142 posts
9,500 battles

Dont take Azuma or Friesland.

Alaska and Ägir are the go to ships. Both good, but a bit different. Ägir is better at rushing ships end game, due to torps, especially those BBs which dont have a citadel.

Alaska has Radar and is a bit harder to citadel.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,554 posts
9,567 battles

Alaska and friesland are the best imo but....That's about all I can tell you.

Players
3,101 posts
17,561 battles

Alaska is probably the best and most versatile ship

Friesland, Småland and Hayate are overpriced (i dont buy the latter two despite having 2,3 mio FXP)

If considering Friesland, you should get Kitakaze instead. It is superior to Friesland in almost every way that matters.

Azuma is a one-dimensional HE spammer. Big Ibuki with Upsized citadel and worse concealment as well as no torps.

Alaska is liked by many but not by me (the guns are very unreliable with dispersion fit to outdo drunk german secondary gunners)

Dont have Ægir.

• Funny 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,984 posts
28,646 battles
9 minutes ago, _Lupastro_ said:

They are same caliber but there is significant difference between their guns. Alaska is better overall but maybe won't suit your game style. I would suggest you to read LWM reviews of the ships and maybe watch some videos on YT about their gameplay before you make decision.

9 minutes ago, _Lupastro_ said:

Or maybe I have just to reach 2M and take Friesland... But I'm not very skilled to play with this kind of Dds.. So...

Friesland is 1mil, Smaland and Hayate are 2 mil tho.

[SHAD]
Players
2,986 posts
12,743 battles

I prefer Agir but Alaska has been around a while and will most likely go first.

Both are very strong and will almost certainly be very fun if they're your first supercruiser.

Buy Alaska.

• Cool 1

Players
3,439 posts

I would say wait, and make a good decision later one, until recently I had well over the 1 mill fxp, then my brain made a strange noise and it all got blown on the new German CV's, do not do as i did, lol, wait for the next upcoming line of ships to be released, and hope that Flamu does not think they are fun and OP. (looks at the Agir, who even Flamu now admits is no fun t play, lol he was the one who got it nerfed)

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
175 posts
10,474 battles

I sugest the JB ... Oh wait, nevermind.

I sugest the Musashi ... Oh wait, nevermind.
I sugest the Kutuzov ... Oh wait, nevermind.

That leaves the Alaska. 
Definatly the Alaska, its an good allround ship that will do relatively  good in any situation.
Don't spend it on the Friesland or Japanese ships. 

Alaska.

• Funny 1

Players
50 posts
5,327 battles

Choose Alaska. It is a very good credit earner, and can take large chunks out of enemy BB's and cruisers. I think it is the only cruiser above tier 8 that I have managed to citadel BB's with.

• Cool 1

Players
472 posts
8,900 battles

Oh well.. It seems that we have a winner :cap_like:

I'll watch some Youtube videos and if Alaska fit my feelings I'm going to add this ship to my fleet... I've to say that Alaska is one of my fav U.S. states...

Thanks to all.

Appreciated..

• Cool 1

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,516 posts
8,966 battles

Alaska

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,077 posts
11,291 battles
9 hours ago, _Lupastro_ said:

Hi everybody!

What's your opinions?

Lightweight. Two million will get you something.

[AAO]
Players
1,597 posts
21,253 battles
7 hours ago, OverPenokio said:

The Kutu never was a free exp ship tho. Do you per chance mean the Kronshtadt ?

• Cool 2

[TOXIC]
Players
4,786 posts
12,247 battles
9 hours ago, _Lupastro_ said:

Hi everybody!

What's your opinions?

If you want a specific ship, take it.

If, however, you don't have anything that you actually want... why spend the resource? Free XP is not going anywhere and it's one of the most useful resources in the game - you can skip some ships (or at least skip nasty grind of some modules that are sorely needed on certain ships to derive any sort of fun from playing them) and the future is likely to bring other freeXP ships as well... And seeing how you don't seem to really be enthusiastic about any of the choices (including Friesland), my advice would be to just save it for later.

TL/DR:

HOARD! HOARD ALL YOU CAN AND NEVER SPEND :Smile_izmena:

[ALONE]
Players
100 posts
19,461 battles
8 hours ago, OverPenokio said:

That leaves the Alaska. 
Definatly the Alaska, its an good allround ship that will do relatively  good in any situation.

Alaska.

You missed the Missouri... Oh wait, nevermind.

• Funny 1

Players
3,962 posts
5,287 battles
9 hours ago, OverPenokio said:

That leaves the Alaska. 

Alaska.

How did you put Kutuzov between resource ships? It would make sense Missouri.

@ OP,  I also vote for Alaska. At least from current option list.