Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
hypsar

200% coupon

18 comments in this topic

Players
1,862 posts
8,134 battles

Yes, but there is a hard limit of 50000 doubloon for the bonus, as I remember. Just look up some old posts.

• Cool 3

[-LA-]
Players
686 posts
5,152 battles
51 minutes ago, hypsar said:

could anybody pls explain how this thing works so that 5yo like me understands. i remember reading that the wording of this thing is not the best ...

so, if i buy 5000 doubloons for €16,20 (https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/gold/18434/) what will i get? 15000 db's?

no , if you buy 5000 dubs you will recieve 10k , your 5k and the bonus 5k.

its worded badly , and after teh amount of years people have been caught out and sending tickets to support at this point we have to take it as a deliberate attempt to mislead, and the picture that shows +200% is simply a lie. 

its a buy it get it again for free offer 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 5

[SHAD]
Players
2,910 posts
12,598 battles

Mr Conway's comment on the previous thread:

I have to apologize for the actions of the support agent in question, his math skills do seem to be lacking. 

This coupon does- and always has - given you a bonus of 200%.

So if you buy an item worth 100 doubloons, you get that item and 200 doubloons. As it is clearly written, you get triple value.

However, this coupon has a hard limit of 50.000 doubloons as a maximum bonus that can be paid out. If you click on the coupon itself it will state "The coupon provides 200% cashback of the item's cost to the game account in the form of doubloons. The refund amount for this coupon cannot exceed 50,000 doubloons. You can use it in the payment window."

Our intention is never to mislead anyone, as you have a right to refunds that would be really stupid and unfriendly towards customers from our side.

Looks safe to spend. I would love to one day receive my own 200% coupon but they don;t give them to Whales!

• Cool 5

Players
2,259 posts
14,096 battles

Just bear in mind if you will get something that is on promotion (even doubloons) you will only get extra 200% of doubloons that can be bought in the shop for the amount you have spent and not always it will be 2x as much as you got.

• Cool 1

Players
146 posts
10 hours ago, gopher31 said:

Mr Conway's comment on the previous thread:

Looks safe to spend. I would love to one day receive my own 200% coupon but they don;t give them to Whales!

tyvm. it seems to be a new account thingy ... got it after 1st battle in t6. i'll test it and post results ... probably ...

after careful thinking i'm gonna pass ... unfortunatelly i cant forward it to anyone ...

Players
304 posts
6,871 battles

After 18 months, on largely premium account, I am "absolutely delighted" to say I have never received any additional bonus coupon of any sort! 

Even having Massachusetts on rental recently, and having read of the propensity for rental ships to be offered at a large discount at the end of the rental period, passed with no sign of any kind of coupon offer.

Ah well, there but for the grace of god go I, onwards and upwards (apart from the fact I seem to be getting worse not better!).  :Smile_honoring:

Players
2,299 posts
31,360 battles
28 minutes ago, Logan_MountStuart said:

After 18 months, on largely premium account, I am "absolutely delighted" to say I have never received any additional bonus coupon of any sort! 

200% coupon? Haven't received one in five years but 30% ones. 

• Cool 1

[POP]
Players
637 posts
12,474 battles
43 minutes ago, Logan_MountStuart said:

I am "absolutely delighted" to say I have never received any additional bonus coupon of any sort!

The same. Never even seen those  "Grats! You've been part of the wows thingy for exactly X-amount of years!" offers either.

Might have been deemed by the offer bot as "not worthy"

• Cool 1

[PIKES]
Players
430 posts
9,981 battles
4 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Yes, but there is a hard limit of 50000 doubloon for the bonus, as I remember. Just look up some old posts.

That limit should be the same when you try to buy any amount doubloon option

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/gold/2968/

The maximum is 50000. If this is the limit, perhaps (I say perhaps) the best way is to buy 25000 doubloons expecting to receive the full 50000 in return. But, I am not sure.

Players
841 posts

I don't think I'll ever see one either, I bet there's much Consternation, Lamentation and Wringing of Hands when one of those is issued :Smile_ohmy:

Players
136 posts
8,713 battles

I got one. Trying to redeem it resulted in me buying 5000 doubloons and not receiving the bonus. The coupon disappeared after the transaction.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,650 posts
43,892 battles
3 hours ago, causalgamer said:

I got one. Trying to redeem it resulted in me buying 5000 doubloons and not receiving the bonus. The coupon disappeared after the transaction.

Try support

Players
555 posts
Am 26.8.2020 um 10:56, hypsar sagte:

could anybody pls explain how this thing works so that 5yo like me understands. i remember reading that the wording of this thing is not the best ...

so, if i buy 5000 doubloons for €16,20 (https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/gold/18434/) what will i get? 15000 db's?

Hello

Thats how it works

I also received a 200% cashback cup on one occasion.

I bought the "IRIAN" from it and received around 23,000 dublons.

It was a healthy foundation for my current port!

Kind regards

(created with google translator)

• Cool 1

Players
3,962 posts
5,268 battles

I believe you get discount coupons for players own anniversaries. Not game anniversaries. If someone started to play this game 365 days ago, he could get coupon today, and than next year and so on.

Thats how I got mine. Maybe in the past I got more of those coupons but I didn't bother to check. And to be honest I dont remember of any coupon notifications pop up in the previous years.

pros of coupon: it gives significant discount on purchase im Premium store (which im not interested anymore as I got Massachusetts last month and that was enough for me).

cons of coupon: they last only 72 hours / 3 days, so you cant save them for later in case you wanna keep them for time when you will have money for something.

Sign in to follow this