You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Harvin87

Help with silver credits

65 comments in this topic

[-R-F-]
Players
87 posts
2,223 battles

Hello captains!

Just wanted some input, since I started playing this game I've always had a chronic shortage of silver. Now I've just grinded all the way to kitakaze, which I'm dying to play, but I'm more or less like 8m short. That's not all, I have already grinded Benson, Edinburgh, Pensacola, Monarch and I'm about to grind Z-23, ships I haven't been able to play because I always have to sell one to buy the next one. But now that I have some cool ships like Akizuki, Mahan, Fiji, KGV, I don't want to do it anymore. 

Premium Ships I only have one so far, Cossack, I guess I put some flags and play with it until my hands bleed and get credits to buy some ships that I already earned...

Appart from that, how do you manage your economy? Is there a way to get silver without losing your mind?

Thanks!

PS. I have already sold all the stock-modules form the upgraded ships, so no more money there.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
162 posts
10,461 battles

Just play cossack and maybe try some scenario battles. With cossack you should make credits even in co-ops.

Most old players have atleast one t9 premium that prints credits. In a long run think about buying some ship, I know its not perfect solution but think about how much your time and nerws are worth.

[CATS]
Players
28,194 posts
14,917 battles
  • premium time helps a lot with silver income
  • there are veterans that swim in silver without premium time
  • never sell ships you still want to play, buying them back later costs you even more
  • premium ships are a good option to earn silver, use the credit signals on them
  • the Cossack is very good for earning credits, but any Tier VII and VI premium will do, when you get tired of Cossack (you could get Spee in the recent Dockyard for free)
  • otherwise playing Tier V to VIII silver ships should earn you decent silver
  • Cool 10

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,444 posts
18,172 battles

First: Good that you play ships of different classes and nations. It's the best way learn.

For credits there are some ways:

1: Buy doubloons and convert to credits. This is a short term solution and it will cost alot if you have to open your wallet every time you unlock a new ship. Not good.

2: Buy premium time. This is a good solution if you play alot. A full year is the cheapest per day but if you are a weekend warrior it might be best to just pick up 2-3 days at a time. Remember that the clock is ticking so be sure that you have time to play when the timer starts. Tip: There is usually a 50% discount on a full year around Xmas and new year.

3: Buy premium ships. This is my preferd method. You pay once and then you can use it as much you want for so long the game is around. The trick here is to find a ship that works for you. Tier 8-9 is the best money-makers but tier 6-7 is not bad if the ship "clicks".

4: Play your best "silver"-ships. Keep an eye at your income with different ships and use credit-signals and camos on those ships. Scenarios are a good sourse of income even with "silver"-ships.

Good luck!

• Cool 1

[GEUS]
[GEUS]
Players
336 posts
11,164 battles

I'm mainly playing co-op, so I'm used to a slower pace of progress. Having some premium ships in your port helps with credits. There's a few available for resources like coal if you don't want to spend real money.

I guess it all comes down in balancing your XP versus credits gain. There's no point in collecting a lot of XP if you cannot afford to buy the next tier ship. Don't rush the game and do play some games in any premium ships you have.

Additionally, you could check your inventory and sell any old modules you're not using. When selling a ship you usually sell the modules too, but when keeping a ship, the original modules may still be in your inventory while you probably won't use them anymore. Any camos and signals you don't plan to use can be sold too, but usually their economic bonuses are worth much more than the credits they make when sold.

Missions and campaigns can provide you with some extra credits too. Probably won't be the main source of a reliable income, but every bit helps. 

Another thing is not spending money on upgrades on low tier ships you aren't keeping anyways. Since you can progress the lower tiers pretty quickly, I don't consider it worth the credits buying any upgrades for them. 

Players
89 posts
6,761 battles
3 minutes ago, Harvin87 said:

Thanks so far!

Based on my stats https://wows-numbers.com/player/564736475,Harvin87/ , what premium could you recommend? I'm a DD main player, what could be best suited for me? Maybe even diversifying with some premium CL or BB? 

What do you think¿?

Murmansk  is a good option. I'll be blunt here by saying that I believe you're not ready for high level gameplay yet. Murmansk should hopefully teach you how to play patiently and carefully with squishy cruisers. It sure did for me.
Or stick with Cossack in randoms/co-op since you already have it

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
28,194 posts
14,917 battles
8 minutes ago, Harvin87 said:

Thanks so far!

Based on my stats https://wows-numbers.com/player/564736475,Harvin87/ , what premium could you recommend? I'm a DD main player, what could be best suited for me? Maybe even diversifying with some premium CL or BB? 

What do you think¿?

Focus on your Tier V to VIII DD.

DD seem to be your best class, but you need a bit more practice to fully profit of your Cossack.

You could also try to finish the japanese permanent campaign, that gives you Shinonome.

• Cool 2

[LSCA]
Players
1,301 posts
11,218 battles

On 8/26/2020 at 11:30 AM, ColonelPete said:

You could also try to finish the japanese permanent campaign, that gives you Shinonome.

for that he needs tier 10 ship, without tier 10 he can't collect all stars from last mission

• Bad 1

[HOO]
Players
1,976 posts
3,796 battles
1 hour ago, Harvin87 said:

Hello captains!

Just wanted some input, since I started playing this game I've always had a chronic shortage of silver. Now I've just grinded all the way to kitakaze, which I'm dying to play, but I'm more or less like 8m short. That's not all, I have already grinded Benson, Edinburgh, Pensacola, Monarch and I'm about to grind Z-23, ships I haven't been able to play because I always have to sell one to buy the next one. But now that I have some cool ships like Akizuki, Mahan, Fiji, KGV, I don't want to do it anymore. 

Premium Ships I only have one so far, Cossack, I guess I put some flags and play with it until my hands bleed and get credits to buy some ships that I already earned...

Appart from that, how do you manage your economy? Is there a way to get silver without losing your mind?

Thanks!

PS. I have already sold all the stock-modules form the upgraded ships, so no more money there.

Play premium ships.

Play some Operations. Even though WG have nerfed the earnings, mount the right flags and you can make good silver.

Also watch Twitch Streams. You can just leave them on in the background. Each Twitch Container you earn gives you 100k silver.

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,249 posts
17,739 battles

Premium time, premium ships, operations. A Tier VI Premium like Ark Royal or Aigle will pay its way very quickly.

• Cool 1

Players
3,300 posts
19,066 battles

Thanks so far!

What do you think¿?

i would focus on lower tiers until you learn the basics of the game if i were you. because even with premium ships, you might struggle to make credits at high tiers with that kind of performance. try to play low tiers until you get an understanding of the game. 

• Cool 2

[SHAFT]
Players
11,097 posts
9,497 battles

Gathering XP has been made too easy, thats why, new players are always short on credits unless they basicly ignore the grind and just play the game. Ofc WG wants that, since that will get them money.

image.png.70317923966be02233f1dbc0fa753d6c.png

Here is the first line i played to T10. The amount of games is very high. Hipper is especially high, since back then we had missions requiring atleast T8 ship and it was my only one so i just played that.

image.png.9fb80679a5af4ceb2a0d49032a981a64.png

Followed by this - mind you, Takao was not a premium back in those days, it didnt even have a camo.

German BBs were my first BB line

image.png.b10a9159be89a70ade061d56ca9f977c.png

I played tons of Nassau games in the beginning - it was fun. I took a longer time going past Bayern, and also didnt just grind through Bismarck (didnt really enjoy it). By the time i got FDG, i FreeXPed past that because it was horrible to play. But i had already played for 2 years, and just played other ships in which i had fun.

image.png.7393328bc939581381b59b23a409ca90.png

image.png.cd444bd63fe8641366c78a11fe902799.png

Ofc Missouri has the best credit earning potential, which made me tons of money.

As comparision, i looked at some of the lines you played

image.png.4568739c5625d7da2cfdb8157ab27515.png

Thats really fast. Only a handful games. I also started with US BBs very early, but stopped at NY, only picked it up later

image.png.2f79ca67919bed008646ac0342614209.png

See the difference? Even if you only make a small profit playing silver ships, its still enough to pay for the ship. If you only play 10 games or so, you will lose a lot of money, which results in the need for premium time/ premium ships/ outright buying credits with money.

If you dont want to throw money at WG, just slow down. Play a midtier ship you enjoy, even if its techtree, and those problems will not occur. There is no pot of gold at T10. To this date, i have more battles on each T4-9 than i have on T10! And i have like 17 TX ships now.

Play to have fun, dont play because you feel the need to do this or get that ship. The bonus on top, if you dont rush through the tiers, you will also get better at playing, which makes credits less of an issue.

• Cool 3

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
605 posts
5,064 battles

The wallet option:

- Buy premium time. (1 month is the one I used a couple of times. You can get good amount of credits in 1 month)

- Get yourself a good premium ship to print credits. Play that a lot. (Cossack is great, you probably just need to get a little bit better.)

The non-wallet options:

- Slow down and Get good. The better you do, the more credits you earn.
So don't rush the tiers and try all tree's. Focus on a few ships and tree's and get those captain some levels. Play ships that are fully upgraded and have the correct modules and a good captain to grind those credits.
If you like a particular ship. Do not sell it. Let it keep the captain and use that ship as a fun way to keep the credits coming in.

- Sell what you don't use.
Old modules, old torpedo's ... can all be sold.
Keep the ships you like, but sell the ones you didnt and don't plan on playing again. There is a lot of credits in that.

- Use consumables smartly.

Those flags that reduce repair costs ? ... You keep those for Tier 9 and Tier 10 ships  (or tiers 8-10 when you've grinded enough of them)

Use the extra credit earning flags on the ships you do well on, the ones with good captains and modules.

- Play the missions, daily mission, and campains.
In the campains you can repeat a mission by selecting it again (you won't get the reward again, but you will get the star(s) so you can get to the next part)

The operations have some good rewards as well for the stars, so keep an eye on them and if you have a good ship for it try to get a 5 start game in each one (this will give you handy 10 point captains you can use on your new ships)

Collect coal and buy some more 10 point captains (Dasha for example). Good captains can make a world of difference on ships, especially DDs.

And keep in mind that it is not a race.

You'll struggle at credits at first. But after a while you'll be swimming in them.

If you play several lines at the same time the phase of buying the Tier 10 boats can be silly expensive! (as in .... months of grinding to buy yourself all 3 tier 10 boats if you grinded 3 trees at the same time)

My most played boats are both low tier premiums (Kamikaze and Atlanta) Originally because they where my credit machines ... but now also because I like them best.

They both have a dedicated captain of 18 and 19 skillpoints respectively..... 

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
2,173 posts
12,813 battles

Thanks so far!

What do you think¿?

Jesus, my friend, slow down ... take your time ... according to stats you are pushing the techtrees really fast. 7 lines at T8 at the moment with 1200 battles ?

Do you have some kind of contest running ? :Smile_teethhappy:

As good as it is, to experience different ships of various nations, you are speeding up a bit too fast, imo. No offense.

I see a new Roma and a Vanguard in your list. Both can help you build up credits, along with your Cossack.

As already mentioned above, credits/income go along with success in this game. If you end up with low damage and low xp, your credits will be low as well.

Premiumtime hepls a lot and premiumships too, of course.

But remember: a premium ship by itself does not generate tons of credits. You have to be decent in it, at least, to generate income. 

Coming back to your question:

My recommendation always is a nice T6 preiumship. There quite a lot of choices. I do have the most fun and success with smoke-cruisers (Perth)

Good for operations and operations are the best way to make money.

Good luck on your way.

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[-R-F-]
Players
87 posts
2,223 battles
2 minutos antes, The_Pillager dijo:

Jesus, my friend, slow down ... take your time ... according to stats you are pushing the techtrees really fast. 7 lines at T8 at the moment with 1200 battles ?

Do you have some kind of contest running ? :Smile_teethhappy:

As good as it is, to experience different ships of various nations, you are speeding up a bit too fast, imo. No offense.

I see a new Roma and a Vanguard in your list. Both can help you build up credits, along with your Cossack.

As already mentioned above, credits/income go along with success in this game. If you end up with low damage and low xp, your credits will be low as well.

Premiumtime hepls a lot and premiumships too, of course.

But remember: a premium ship by itself does not generate tons of credits. You have to be decent in it, at least, to generate income. 

Good luck on your way.

:Smile_honoring:

Hello!

The Roma and Vanguard were rentals for one day hehe, I only have the Cossack.

Yes, I've realized I need to slow down in T7, and make myself better for T8 (altyhough I'm having good games with akizuki).

One question, If I take a captain from Jervis into Cossack, does not need retraining, I know that... but If I put it back into a silver ship, what happens? do I need to pay again? or is it half-trained penalty?

[-R-F-]
Players
87 posts
2,223 battles

Ok, I've decided I will stick for a little while in T7-T8 ships (mainly DDs) to farm silver, I'll use primarly my Cossack. Also, since I haven't really got the grip for BBs I will get the Scharnhorst to learn and gain some credits in the process, I could also use this ship to help my Bismarck captian (currently at 14 points, I think).

Beta Tester
2,173 posts
12,813 battles

A lot of input :Smile_teethhappy:

One question, If I take a captain from Jervis into Cossack, does not need retraining, I know that... but If I put it back into a silver ship, what happens? do I need to pay again? or is it half-trained penalty?

If you put him onto Lightning (for example), you have to retrain.

His base ship and any premium of the same nation are interchangable unlimited.

Scharnhorst ... is a love and hate thing ... imo.

I dont like her, because the small guns need a different playstyle compared toBismarck. e.g.

Scharnhorst is a true battlecruiser, Bismarck a pure brawling Battleship.

Dont know if you can profit as much as you hope for.

But Scharnhorst is fun, nevertheless.

Edit:

if you want to go for germann BB, take Tirpitz.

More worth for your money, is my opinion, and its the playstyle you need up to T10

Beta Tester
3,392 posts
15,622 battles
2 hours ago, Harvin87 said:

how do you manage your economy? Is there a way to get silver without losing your mind?

If you do not have premium time/stuff, you have to work your butt off to grind in this game.

I recommend to work in a real job instead and to spend some money on the game, which is more effective.

• Funny 1

[PISH]
Players
371 posts
3,322 battles

In chronological order since I started the game:

1. Sell the basic camos those that only grant concealment or dispersion buffs.

2. Sell ship modules once you move up.

3. Get yourself a premium ship <-You are here

4. Get some premium time. Not too much. If you know you have a lazy week ahead where you will grind yourself retarded on the game better premium it up.

5. Get more premium ships, preferably fitting your style and lines you enjoy.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 until massive profits.

7. Bonus step, get premium camo on the silver ships you're gonna keep.

Good luck.

p.s. I think since BBs do the most damage and are the most survivable they are the best credit earners.

• Cool 2

[-R-F-]
Players
87 posts
2,223 battles
18 minutos antes, __Helmut_Kohl__ dijo:

If you do not have premium time/stuff, you have to work your butt off to grind in this game.

I recommend to work in a real job instead and to spend some money on the game, which is more effective.

Why do you make assumptions?

Lol, that's the problem. I have a real job and limited time to grind. Therefore, looking for more efficient ways to get better/get the ships I want.

[LAZY]
[LAZY]
Players
41 posts

There have been many good suggestions already, so I just have a couple of things to add.

This helped me a lot in understanding which premium ships are the best to play for credits.
https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/d8m7ud/a_guide_on_premium_ship_credit_income_edited_for/

As @ColonelPete said: When you complete the Honorable Service –campaign, you get the t6 IJN prem. DD Shinonome + 11 pt commander as a reward (see https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Honorable_Service ).
And you don’t need T10. you can complete it with T8. Just repeat the same task over and over (you get the reward only once, but the stars every time you complete the task).

Some collections gives perma-camos for tech-tree T8 ships (which gives -10% to the cost of ship's post-battle service), and that you can start with only 1000 Coal (one crate in the armory) and will be running (i.e. a chance to get collection-items from the daily containers) until it’s finished, or until you pause it.
-American Cruisers Collection: reward Perma-camo for T8 US tech-tree cruiser Cleveland
-Naval Aviation Collection: reward Perma-camo for T8 Brittish tech-tree CV Implacable
-Royal Navy Destroyers Collection: Perma-camo for T8 Brittish tech-tree DD Lightning (+ another perma-camo for T7 premium DD Haida).

Regards. Bald_Rookie

Edited by Bald_Rookie
unreadable :)
  • Cool 2

[PISH]
Players
371 posts
3,322 battles

Btw @Harvin87 I looked at your profile and were Roma, Shinyhorse and Vanguard rentals?

Because those 3 can have you rolling in cash.

Shinyhorse is still old reliable no matter what the critics say.

Vanguard is glorious once you get used to her.

Roma is only kept from being a destroyer of worlds by her wonky dispersion otherwise she is rock solid.