Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zymeth

USS DD line tweak buff ?

USS DD line tweak buff ?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. it would be good idea for that line to have just separate: engine boost , smoke generator , DFAA ?

• yes
    • no

19 comments in this topic

[17AF]
[17AF]
Players
36 posts
3,895 battles

Hey,

i think it will be nice boost what do you think ?

or 

it could give too much power for them ?

[SHAFT]
Players
11,028 posts
9,449 battles

Since DefAA is essentially useless, might aswell give them both :Smile_teethhappy:

Same for Cruisers btw, as picking Hydro is generally much more useful than picking DefAA.

• Cool 8

Players
1,110 posts
12,606 battles
2 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Since DefAA is essentially useless, might aswell give them both :Smile_teethhappy:

Same for Cruisers btw, as picking Hydro is generally much more useful than picking DefAA.

On cruisers hydro and def AA should be a choice. Cruisers have a strong set of consumables to work with generally, no need to add this. 

For US DDs it would be fine to add def AA in a separate slot, though they are just fine without it. 

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,185 posts
11,264 battles
10 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Since DefAA is essentially useless... 

no.. it is not useless.. when they have it.. they think it does something.. so they start shooting their AA at max range :) 

last night I've met a gearing who thought turning broadside to my planes makes his AA more effective.. like all guns shooting instead of some... 

• Funny 4

[THESO]
Players
4,360 posts

A bit flatter arcs would be a good buff .... instead of reload buff that some people suggests ....

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
11,028 posts
9,449 battles
3 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

no.. it is not useless.. when they have it.. they think it does something.. so they start shooting their AA at max range :) 

last night I've met a gearing who thought turning broadside to my planes makes his AA more effective.. like all guns shooting instead of some... 

Thats too sad to be funny :Smile_teethhappy:

8 hours ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

On cruisers hydro and def AA should be a choice. Cruisers have a strong set of consumables to work with generally, no need to add this. 

Imo it used to be. Like for US CLs, which had both consumables pre-rework. It really felt unfair back then, that they get both (and radar) while they could have done without it aswell. Even ships with weak AA (IJN CAs f.e.) had a bonus, as CVs couldnt get a good drop off through DefAA.

Nowadays? might just give them both. Doesnt matter. You dont need it against bad players, because they will either die or screw up the drop. And against Unicums, it doesnt help either. IF you get to shoot down 1 more plane, he will still kill you before there is any chance of deplaning him. And since there is no debuff for dropping anymore...

So yeah, just how i see it, but i think it makes sense.

[21DCS]
Beta Tester
283 posts
4 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

A bit flatter arcs would be a good buff .... instead of reload buff that some people suggests ....

but wg in their endless wisdom might actually just make them flatter, when what they really need is faster shell velocity.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
14,757 battles
15 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

I also feel is is far from useless. With it active they are essentially like Hallands. But then again it has a CD and does run out.....

[THESO]
Players
4,360 posts
3 minutes ago, Kutfroat said:

but wg in their endless wisdom might actually just make them flatter, when what they really need is faster shell velocity.

Agreed. That is a valid option too.

Anything but this rainbow arcs that take 20 secs to hit the target at 12km...

[-TPF-]
Players
4,217 posts
17,610 battles

I think that traditional destroyers should have an evasive manoeuvres button - a short term speed boost and buff to rudder shift - more than anything else. 

• Cool 1

[BRITS]
Beta Tester
381 posts
7,950 battles

What i find lacking with the US DDs is the 11000+ damage torps at tier 7 and 8, namely Mahan and Benson. A bit more damage would be appreciated. :)

[17AF]
[17AF]
Players
36 posts
3,895 battles

Hmm i see some vote for "no" which maybe means that would be too OP.

But ofc if DFAA would be a separate consumable it should have like 3 charges similar to smoke / speed.

Players
1,110 posts
12,606 battles
4 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Thats too sad to be funny :Smile_teethhappy:

Imo it used to be. Like for US CLs, which had both consumables pre-rework. It really felt unfair back then, that they get both (and radar) while they could have done without it aswell. Even ships with weak AA (IJN CAs f.e.) had a bonus, as CVs couldnt get a good drop off through DefAA.

Nowadays? might just give them both. Doesnt matter. You dont need it against bad players, because they will either die or screw up the drop. And against Unicums, it doesnt help either. IF you get to shoot down 1 more plane, he will still kill you before there is any chance of deplaning him. And since there is no debuff for dropping anymore...

So yeah, just how i see it, but i think it makes sense.

The whole difference is in the 60% of CV players thats good, average, or bad, but still struggles withaircraft losses even if they do deal damage

Players
1,110 posts
12,606 battles
3 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

I think that traditional destroyers should have an evasive manoeuvres button - a short term speed boost and buff to rudder shift - more than anything else. 

Thats under your Y-key, called Engine Boost

Players
1,110 posts
12,606 battles
4 hours ago, Excavatus said:

This actually works for flak, but you need to balance between dealing AA damage and taking damage

[CAIN]
Players
4,651 posts
19,743 battles
3 hours ago, principat121 said:

I wish the panik effect on attacking planes (enlarging the aiming circle) for Def-AA back!

Ideally,  this panic effect should be enhanced to a point where it automatically drops the CV player back to port! 

• Funny 2

[17AF]
[17AF]
Players
36 posts
3,895 battles

Nah , panic was good with old cv gameplay. To be honest it is very hard to balance that new CV.

What i would change it would be remove status detected for planes just cuz with this thing u can ez know if there are  some DD around which sucks.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,338 posts
24,939 battles
9 hours ago, Kutfroat said:

Hmmm... It is actually the same thing. For the same shell and gun elevation, faster shell velocity means flatter trajectory... 

Sign in to follow this