You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Major_Damage225

What would be you'r dream ship in the game?

81 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,800 posts
7,247 battles

(Disclamer: i finally finished my opening post to a satisfactory degree, old post in spoiler bellow) 

So i decided to make a topic to see what the comunity here would see as theyr ''dream ship'' or a ship witch one thinks would best aid them for either preformance in game, or just be the right tub that ticks all  of ones preferences concerning parameters/preformance of a ship.

So, i wanted to make a few simple rules so we dont get ships with triple phase ion powered plasma cannons and sutch, those rules are pretty simple, make, design and just put together a ship be it real, cobbled together or modefied that you would love to have in game but keep it somewhat within game balance/preformance of the respected tier you'd put it at.

I'm interested in seeing what you come up with. :Smile_honoring:

SO, let's me start then, my dream ship/s would be (got 2 in mind) and theyr both made up to be somewhat within the game limits, names i took from real ships.

So first off a DD, a IJN DD to be precise. The specs for it are as follows.

-Tier: IX (since thats the now golden tier i supose)

-Class: Fubuki type II (Anayami subclass)

-Name: Shikinami (after a existing ship of the class)

Survivability:

-Hit Points 18.200

Artilerly: 3 options like Harekaze

-1st: 3x2 127mm

-2nd: 3x2 100mm

-3d: 3x1 127mm (US)

Torpedoes:

-3x3 610mm standard F3 torps with a max range of 10km and reload of 90 seconds on the tubes.

The ship would have the sweet 3x3 torp launcher arrangment so it would be verry flexible and the spreads would be tighter making for better hits, or greater misses.

Detection would be (maxed out with apropriate skills and modules) the classic IJN sneaky DD of 5.4km detection.

AA would be more in tune with the current meta.

-16x 1 25mm

-6x 2 40mm

-3x2 100mm  (when equiped with akizuki turrets)

Manuverability:

-Speed: 36.5 knots (not counting speed boost or flag)

-Turning radius 620m and rudder shift of 2.5 seconds

Detection is the classic IJN sneaky DD 5.4km when maxed out.

Consumables is where this ship would offer personalisation for ones playstyle.

-Slot1: Hydro or Def AA

-Slot2: Smoke or TRB

-Slot3: Speed boost or Repair party

Damage controll 2 versions:

-1st: Standard Repair party

-2nd: Russian type with no cooldown but only 4 charges.

Soo, that is my dream T IX IJN DD, a IMO quintesential IJN torpedo boat but can also fight back at DD hunter gunboats, it wouldnt be a sure win 1v1 against a gunboat but it would defenetly put up a fight,

AA wise it wouldnt be something OP but im sure it could put up a fight somewhat. I tried tp keep it somewhat in ''balance'' gamewise and not giving it anything out of the ordinary, but it's set up for full flexibility/adaptability to gamestyle, meta changes, game mode changes etc.

Now if only WG.......hint, hint :Smile_coin:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Second ship, IJN again (nippon bias i know :Smile_smile:)

This one is for the lolz/memes, imagine this in a division with a Kitakami and Asashio.

Tier: X (since it's where Kitty is now)

Class: Kongo class BB (retrofitted, modernised with what if tech)

-Name: Kirishima 1942 (since we have one already i had to add a year for a hypotetical year for the conversion)

Survivability:

-Hit points: 68.500 

-Torpedo protection 37%

Hit point increase because of upgraded armor etc..

Artilery (retrofitted/updated)

Main:

-2x2 356mm/50 type 2 (brand new model of 14 inch rifles)

-Reload of 20 seconds 

-Range of 22km

-Turret traverse of 30 seconds

-Dispersion of 190m, sigma 2.05

-HE shell damage of 6500   

-HE shell initial velocity of 860m/s

-AP shell initial velocity of 830m/s

-AP shell damage 13700

-Fire chance 30%

-HE Penetration 65mm

Secondary armarment:

-10x155mm/55 type 2 (top sekret new undiscovered nippon 1000x forged guns :Smile_playing:)

-Reload of 4.5 seconds

-Range of 7.2km (stock)

-HE shell dmage 2800

-Fire chance 11%

-Shell velocity of 900m/s

-Dispersion 92m

Tertiary armarment (next secondary caliber)

-10x2 127mm /40 Type89 A1 mod.3 (the ones with the shround dome on top)

On these, everything is as it is now in game exept the range, witch is increased to 7.2km (stock)

AA (again, modernised/upgraded in a what if retrofit)

-10x1 25mm/60 type 96

-26x3 25mm/60 type 96

-18x2 40mm/60 type 5

-10x2 127mm/40 type89 mod.3

Torpedo armarment (here it gets jucy :Smile_trollface:)

-14x4 610mm IJN type 90 gorgeous fish of pure fun

Basicly the torps from the Yudachi with the same specs apart from the increase in speed from 60 to 68 knots.

Maneuverability:

-Max speed of 31.5 knots (due to more armor)

-Turning cyrcle of 740m

-Rudder shift time of 12.5 from 14.9 seconds (captain got a new wheel :Smile_smile:)

Detectability:

-well......it's a Kongo class BB, not exactly stealthy, soo nothing changes here.

Consumables, again this is where things get a bit interesting and here you would have to choose wisely, since it would be completely new.

-Slot1: Damage controll (Georgia type) or Radar (russian with +5 seconds to duration)

-Slot2: Repair party or TRB

-Slot3: Speed boost or Hydro

-Slot4: Smoke or MBRB

-Slot5: 2x Fighter or a special scout plane with the following atributes.

The plane increases main battery range but also increases secondary battery range by 1km and it spots subs within it's flight circle.

Picture of what it would look like.

9cvjs4ket9911.thumb.jpg.0650e12c15a0b267a30fec210924d146.jpg

This ship would be completely bonkers, it would cause chaos that even a Kitakami couldnt make, players would either grin to a illegal extent or just loose it when this ship would be in a game, 

now i personally love crazy ships, the less logical they seem, the more i like them, thats why i added this torpedo BB in the mix, it may be the ultimate paper dream but never the less, would defenetly be hillarious to see floating around.....mabe it can become a ''boss'' in a possible (not optimistic about it unfortunatly) future Operation mission, a TX operation with a theme centered around the IJN ''decisive night battle'' doctorine, a group of players has to battle it out and defeat the IJN fleet during a night time engagment around Guadalcanal as the map, idk, WG defenetly should look into Operation, still had allot of potential imo.

Happy hunting ya'll :Smile_honoring:

P.S.

Original post is in the spoiler bellow.

Spoiler

(WIP STILL, READ DISCLAMER AT THE BOTTOM)

So i decided to make a topic to see what the comunity here would see as theyr ''dream ship'' or a ship witch one thinks would best aid them for either preformance in game, or just be the right tub that ticks all ones preferences concerning parameters/preformance of a ship.

So, i wanted to make a few simple rules so we dont get ships with triple phase ion powered plasma cannons and sutch, those rules are pretty simple, make, design and just put together a ship you would love to have in game but keep it with in game preformance, balance + - tier for tier, what tier would you'r ship be, what would it be like if it was to be hipotetically put in the game tomorrow. I got two i would love to have in port, but alas, this just a dream.

My dream ship/s would be (got 2 in mind) and theyr both made up to be somewhat withing the game limits, names i took from real ships.

So first off a DD, a IJN DD to be precise.

-Tier: 9 or 10 (deciding)

-Name: (optional) Shikinami

The ship would have the sweet 3x3 torp launcher arrangment of F3 torps with a 10 km range, reload would be a even 90 seconds all other parameters would be as they are now.

Detection would be (maxed out with apropriate skills and modules) the classic IJN sneaky DD of 5.4km detection.

Gun armarment would be like the Harekaze, 3 options of guns, so one can choose what they like.

AA (instet value you think would be good for it in the current meta)

It would have the standard IJN speed (mabe a 1-1.5 knot increase), manuverablility parameters of Kagero.

Consumable wise, here is where it gets interesting...for me at least.

-Hydro or Def AA

-Smoke or TRB

-Speed boost or Repair party

-Damage controll bog standard (unlimited uses) or rashian limited use fast reloading one.

With those consumables, you could build one to you'r exact current prefered playstyle.

And that would be my dream IJN hight tier DD.

Second ship, IJN again (nippon bias i know :Smile_smile:)

-Tier:9-10 (again deciding)

-Class: Kongo class BB (retrofitted)

-Name:Kirishima 1942 (since we have one already i had to add a year for a hypotetical year for the conversion)

This ship would be uneque, and since Kitakami is in testing again, well, it could be possible (not smart but still) for a ''what if '' retrofit would have happened.

So, litle picture of the idea here.

So, in this retrofit, you loose the back guns, but instead of a flight deck like on Ise/Hyuga, you get a fish farm.

You gain some armor on the sides etc, but loose some speed because of that.

Armarment:

-2x2 modernised 14 inch guns, with a reload of 22 seconds, turret traverse would be 30 seconds and a range of 20km with improved accuracy to offset the 4 only rifles.

-Secondary/AA would be comprised from 10x2 127 IJN standard rifles and a few 25mm light AA mounts.

-Torpedo armarment...well :Smile_trollface:....14x4 610 tubes of pure loobed up long lance love, reload 120-150 seconds, F3 torps with 12km range, all other parameters are as they are now.

-Maneuvarability would be classic Kongo minus the loss of speed for the increase for armor.

Consumables, again, lets make it interesting a bit. This time the choices are out there choice wise.

-Damage controll or radar.

-Repair party or TRB (for the ultimate salt farming)

-Speed boost or Hydro

-Fighter, spotter or MBRB

9cvjs4ket9911.thumb.jpg.0650e12c15a0b267a30fec210924d146.jpg

DISCLAMER, IM STILL WORKING ON MY TWO SHIPS BUT FOR TODAY I RAN OUT OF TIME (3.16AM) AND NOT WANTING TO SCRAP IT, IMA POST IT NOW AND FINISH/ADD/CHANGE IT TOMORROW.

Happy hunting ya'll  :Smile_honoring:

P.S. cant wait to hear what you come up with 

:Smile_great:

Edited by Major_Damage225
Redid the post, added, removed stuff.
  • Cool 8

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,145 posts
5,540 battles

How about the Yamato Takeru as seen in Konpeki no Kantai, and it's spin off, Kyokujitsu no Kantai.

She'd certainly be suitably borked..Or Hiei with all the AA they'd stuck on her by the end of the show :Smile_glasses:

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,222 posts
14,732 battles

HMS Cavalier would be nice (perhaps give her the souped up French engine boost as a nod to her history?), although I'm not sure which tier to put her at.

• One option might be a fairly high tier thing (9 or 10), focusing a bit more on torps (and AA?), rather than the more usual RN dakka; make her more stealthy than Daring - maybe 5.6-5.7 km(ish), so as to continue the IJN +0.1 thing we have at T8?
  • Alternatively, just go T8, with more torps, but less dakka than Cossack?

I'm assuming the original 4-gun configuration.

Something else I hope to see is Dido, of course - she'd probably end up as a kind-of T6 Atlanta (longer-ranged torps, but lower rof?), assuming she's implemented similarly to the Blitz version.

• Cool 2

Players
504 posts
6,378 battles

My dream ship is in the game already. Montana. Good armor, good guns, no gimmicks. You play her well, you shine. You play her badly, you'll sink. And she'll forgive some mistakes. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
162 posts
10,461 battles

My dream ship would be DesMoines with 1000m/s shell speed without massive air drag. Ultimate MeMoines.

Also Blyska on tier 8 with 4s reload without smoke with great AA.

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts

image.thumb.png.b7a1467a71f4530337ef5adc71c98008.png

And i would want in match to switch between to fly airplanes like a CV ( but less squadrons/1 type squadron )  and use heavy battleship guns and secondariy batteries.

I see no limitation why that shouldn't be possible as i already use many type CV ships ( those with sufficient secondary batteries )  as late match offensive cap taking weapons removing low HP Light Cruisers and DD from those caps by gunfire. Low HP BB/SuperCruisers and half-HP Cruisers would also be on by-gunfire-diner list then.

• Cool 4

[O-R-P]
Players
2,296 posts

Yamashiro 1944 version. TVI-VII premium with better AA than Fuso and lightly different stats. Nishimura Fleet story is really interesting and his flagship just should be in this game.

Yamashiro after many refits resembled lesser and lesser her sistership Fuso - main difference is both of middle turrets facing stern and different bow superstructure pagoda mast.

dea541f1ef8cd493282ade125b5fc5c3.png

97aad7c76841528fc49d1f5667c7405a.jpg

Differences between Fuso and Yamashiro.

a46c402971c170cf111b36054699d6b5.jpg

• Cool 3

[DREAD]
Players
10,252 posts
7,172 battles
15 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

image.thumb.png.b7a1467a71f4530337ef5adc71c98008.png

And i would want in match to switch between to fly airplanes like a CV ( but less squadrons/1 type squadron )  and use heavy battleship guns and secondariy batteries.

I see no limitation why that shouldn't be possible as i already use many type CV ships ( those with sufficient secondary batteries )  as late match offensive cap taking weapons removing low HP Light Cruisers and DD from those caps by gunfire. Low HP BB/SuperCruisers and half-HP Cruisers would also be on by-gunfire-diner list then.

Look at what WeeGee is planning for ASW plane mechanics - that could very well work for hybrid ships dive bombers (yes I am also looking at you Tone)

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
7,089 posts

An Arleigh.B DDG

Jokes aside I would like that Dutch 6" Bofors armed light cruiser she lookes beautifoul, they could also do the double release as in Pan-American and Pan-Euro version

• Cool 1

[GWR]
Players
511 posts
9,062 battles

being a brummie HMS Birmingham....make it so WG and don't [edited]it up

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
5,513 posts

Well.. off the top of my hat, Space Battleship Yamato so I could lift off and laugh at all those pesky DD torps out there. Bonus, I could also freely fire at all the HE spamming island huggers. :Smile_trollface:

On a more serious note, a premiumized Yamato would be lovely, or at the very least Kure grey permacamo.

I might also be interested in a number of ships, sadly many what be either pre-drednaughts (like the Peresviet) or protected cruisers. One ship I'd be interested in seeing is the Petropavlovsk (1909).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_battleship_Petropavlovsk_(1911)

• Cool 1

[SINT]
Players
985 posts
21,849 battles
8 minutes ago, Bvdree said:

Or her replacement in 1953:

Hr Ms de Ruyter 

baeebb5d9894f16302c47ec1dff935ba.jpg

32f5a185db56391eb4d62369da996c64.png

I would prefer her in the Original Kijkduin version with 10 guns ( 3*2 + 2*2) as planned. That would be my true nr1.

16 minutes ago, Commander_Rockstone said:

This as well..

• Cool 1

Players
2,271 posts
14,157 battles
8 hours ago, Major_Damage225 said:

So first off a DD, a IJN DD to be precise.

-Tier: 9 or 10 (deciding)

-Name: (optional) Shikinami

The ship would have the sweet 3x3 torp launcher arrangment of F3 torps with a 10 km range, reload would be a even 90 seconds all other parameters would be as they are now.

Gun armarment would be like the Harekaze, 3 options of guns, so one can choose what they like.

AA (instet value you think would be good for it in the current meta)

It would have the standard IJN speed (mabe a 1-1.5 knot increase), manuverablility parameters of Kagero.

Consumable wise, here is where it gets interesting...for me at least.

-Hydro or Def AA

-Smoke or TRB

-Speed boost or Repair party

-Damage controll bog standard (unlimited uses) or rashian limited use fast reloading one.

With those consumables, you could build one to you'r exact current prefered playstyle.

And that would be my dream IJN hight tier DD.

This one. :cap_like:

The second one is already in my port - a radar Mino to counter them all if they are on enemy team. 

• Cool 1

[ASCE]
Players
4 posts
4,105 battles

Would love a Dutch cruiser line up till the 7 provinciën line with de Ruyter as a Premium version perhaps.