Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Okitank

Why no carrier fighters consumable at T4?

8 comments in this topic

Question

[UTW]
Alpha Tester
2,036 posts
10,214 battles

Hello!

I get that the lack of a fighter consumable at T4 was a way to allow the new players to smoothly learn the basics of the CV gameplay after rework. 

However, right now at T4, the carriers are really having it good it'd even say they are OP. Because there is no opposition. Most of the ships have no way to threaten your planes. Here in fact, the only things you want to stay away from are Texas and some other WW2 refit ships. The fact there is so little threat to your planes other than that makes it very easy to sealclub in CVs. I do it too, it's relaxing.
In this environment, I think allowing the fighter consumable would give the planes way less impunity than they have right now, and make the gameplay less unfair to surface ships, if their carrier cares about them. 

What do you think, and why do you think T4 should not be allowed fighter use? 

• Cool 1

7 answers to this question

Players
380 posts
5,813 battles

They are missing to make the introduction to the class easier. What was auto-attack in rts is the fighter now. I personally wouldn't mind having them in t4, as t4 cvs are really broken, but that won't happen anyways. I feel like an aa buff would be needed more than fighters tho.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,712 posts
14,220 battles

I'm not sure how giving T4 CVs would make them any more balanced, its just another mechanic that more experienced players could use to club new CV players with.

[UTW]
Alpha Tester
2,036 posts
10,214 battles

It would also be the only reliable way at T4 to protect your teammates from planes. At T4 you can cicle some battleships without even loosing a plane. 

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,712 posts
14,220 battles

But fighters have more uses than just that, they provide vision. An experienced CV player will have this tool to exploit and an inexperienced opponent will misuse them, making the gap between them even bigger.

[UTW]
Alpha Tester
2,036 posts
10,214 battles

It won't be true as of the next update, as I'm reading the Devs Notes changes on fighters. (-40 to 60% detectability by air, AND fighters already have a malus on that.) Beside, the DDs at this tier are monsters of stealth too, I don't think any of them can be spotted outside of their close range AA bubble. Pretty sure they'd be able to handle the low amount of HP of a T4 fighter with their AA. (I don't remember where it was said, but fighters have a limited healthpool compared to attack planes) 

My question still stands, why should we wait until the new player reaches T6 to teach them how to use fighters, when T4 is prolly as good to teach them everything? (Beside, the grind of a T4 carrier is twice as long as any other T4 ship.) 

[MIND]
[MIND]
Players
33 posts
2,401 battles

I agree, always wondered why T4 ships don't have the fighters available. Only problem I see with this is that since no ship will be able to properly fend off enemy planes, you'll have to focus full time on protecting teammates from enemy aircraft which kinda ruins the experience especially in T4

Sign in to follow this