You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Rokko1v

seriously wargaming, 15km range rocket planes? :D

23 comments in this topic

Players
10,222 posts
11,997 battles
1 minute ago, Rokko1v said:

no seriously, that needs to be fixed.
as hilarious as this glitch is..

Its not a bug, its a feature.

Players
3,437 posts

Well it must be just on this map then, took the Parsifal out in a training room against an NC, i could not fire the rockets before the recticle showed, and i was a hell of a lot closer than 15 KM took me ages to get the 66k damage to sink him too, this won't make me play CV's especially German ones,even though  thought i was getting the hang of the rocket planes.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,786 posts
12,246 battles
1 hour ago, Rokko1v said:

You say "it needs to be fixed", but does it, really?

I mean, it's an unreliable tactic, usable on very few maps (this one and, barely, some others that also feature tall-ish mountains) that gives you a non-trivial to set up single safe (from outside AA) rocket attack. Even if you qualify it as an exploitable bug, the impact is minimal and if you actually TRY to (ab)use it, you're likely wasting time instead of doing more useful things.

Basically, yes, it's possible, it's hilarious, it can in very rare situations help you a little bit - but it's nowhere near having the impact to break the game. At the same time, fixing it would require interfering with physics or adding some extra mechanics to prevent rockets from flying too far - but then you'd also need to implement appropriate aiming indicator etc... overall it's a very minor issue that would take significant resources to fix. I would treat it as an easter egg and move on.

• Cool 1

[-LA-]
Players
691 posts
5,182 battles

its only the german CV's that can do ti well they have a much shallower dive angle and fire from a fair way out to start with. my best so far is an 8 citadel 27k strik on a mino at about 9km. i dont go out of my way to use it but if im flying to a target and an island is on the way... might as well have a punt

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

Frankly, I prefer it as is, because this mechanic also means that someone camping close to the side of the island doesn't get surprise multi-citadelled by rockets that just come over the island.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
14,853 battles

The guy is screaming of exitement  while not producing any rocket citadels on Cruisers at that range....he is actually throwing away AP rockets that could have produced 1-4 x citadel penetrations per pass at optimal range/ angle that way.:Smile_facepalm:

And it's nothing new.....you could always do that with Tiny Tims for example that are indifferent to angle or range when connecting with plating and a much more likely to detonate a magazine while at it.

Players
376 posts
5,799 battles

In 99% of the cases will his mechanic impedes you as the cv player, in very few situations it could give you an advantage, but its more luck than anything else. It's not new either, just very extreme on German rockets. Also, this is not a bug, its a feature and physically accurate. German rockets fly almost parallel to the ground, so if you increase the heigh, you will increase the range by a lot. 

[THESO]
Players
846 posts
15 hours ago, Rokko1v said:

yes

It doesnt since its useless anyway, you can do this with other rockets too if you fly over mountain. 

Players
619 posts
1,927 battles

It's Flambass on Two Brothers.......

c'mon guys what are the chances that WG have a line in the code somewhere : "If map=2brothers AND player=Flambass then [do something speshul]"

It's like the Bermuda Triangle, weird stuff happens on that map....

:cap_popcorn:

• Funny 1

[XTREM]
Players
4,197 posts
11,538 battles

Always hilarious how little the playerbase knows about how rockets work and that they demand something as useless as is shown in the video to be fixed. 

• Cool 1

Players
7,252 posts
245 battles
4 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Its a meme material, nothing more

Heat sinking missles would be a gud meme as well. And jet bombers :Smile_trollface:

Bet weegee would love to open the game up to tier 12 so they can have 1960-1970ish ships, also zara and her fat self has made an appearance at payjin.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,361 posts
25,043 battles

Do not worry, this is nothing.

Comrades, just wait for the RUSSIAN PATRIOTIK CV line, who has REAL CVs, but were really VERY SEKRET, who will have guided missiled that can be launched from 20 km. Just select the name of the decadent capitalist ship you want to reeducate, and launch you rockets from your own spawn. After a succesful hit, the flag of the decadent ship will be changed to the glorious SOVIET RED FLAG  for the next 3 minutes! 

[XTREM]
Players
4,197 posts
11,538 battles
Just now, 22cm said:

Do not worry, this is nothing.

Comrades, just wait for the RUSSIAN PATRIOTIK CV line, who has REAL CVs, but were really VERY SEKRET, who will have guided missile that can be launch from 20 km. Just select the name of the decadent capitalist ship you want to reeducate, and launch you rockets from your own spawn. After a succesful hit, the flag of the decadent ship will be changed to the glorious SOVIET RED FLAG  for the next 3 minutes! 

funniest post I've ever seen. Absolute proficiency in Russianbias jokes. The lack of those lately made me lose hope but you returned all of it. Great moves, keep it up. 

I subscribed and clicked the bell notification button. 

Amazing. Can't wait for the next one. 

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
14,853 battles
2 hours ago, Molly_Delaney said:

It's Flambass on Two Brothers.......

c'mon guys what are the chances that WG have a line in the code somewhere : "If map=2brothers AND player=Flambass then [do something speshul]"

It's like the Bermuda Triangle, weird stuff happens on that map....

:cap_popcorn:

Except there is nothing special to be seen :

- He fails to turn AP rockets into citadel hits = wasting rockets

- Other type rockets like Tiny Tim could do this as long as the rework was released. And do not need angle on the target as they are HE ( and TiT have 68 mm penetration )

Players
943 posts
3,431 battles
19 hours ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

How is it even possible when the aiming reticle is so vague, shame you can't do this with torpedoes:Smile_trollface:

the answer to your question lies in "assisted RNG"

in WoWs and in WoT, there is something like an invisible hand guiding shots into the target, only loosely related to how well you aim.

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
Players
44 posts
5,258 battles

Since this only works on a few maps in very specific spots, this doesn't really give an advantage over flying close and then dropping. Only in very specific situations can you snipe a cruiser who just happens to be sailing broadside, and get more than 5k dmg

For me this is a hilarious thing, but pretty useless. Harmless to leave in the game 

• Cool 1

Players
1,114 posts
12,622 battles
21 hours ago, Rokko1v said:

I agree, this is incredibly annoying for CV players. Having a small dead zone beyond islands is fine, but sometimes you cant hit any ship within 7km of an island