Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
koliber_1984

Spotting dmg: how?

8 comments in this topic

[BASIC]
Players
628 posts
20,766 battles

I play Kitakaza, have 4k spotting dmg, next battle cv co-op, 6 enemies spotted, 2,4k dmg. How to make the most of it in battle?

Players
1,290 posts
19,553 battles
2 minutes ago, koliber_1984 said:

How to make the most of it in battle?

By having teammates that actually can hit something

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
14,708 battles
2 hours ago, koliber_1984 said:

I play Kitakaza, have 4k spotting dmg, next battle cv co-op, 6 enemies spotted, 2,4k dmg. How to make the most of it in battle?

Your spotting damage score will be highest when you spot an enemy but your allies don't. Ofcourse your allies need to actually hit it and do damage for you to get a percentage of it.

When allies can visually see see the target( or it's gun bloom )  too ( BB have the highest visual range of all ships and DD actually the smallest ) your spotting score is shared = diminishes. When CV planes are attacking the enemy they are nearer and take your spotting score away while they remain near the enemy. ( but get less for it then a DD )

When going for spotting damage tasks and DD are not listed mandatory CV are actually much more efficient racking that up. 100k is nothing, while not actively doing anything special. Because CV planes are almost always nearer to enemies as other classes. I did most of the "strong willed" campaign tasks  for the Polish commander in CV.

Players
372 posts
5,774 battles

You need to actively spot an enemy ship, and this ship has to take damage from an ally who could not spot the ship by his own. 

Sign in to follow this