You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

Proposal to a general change of premium ships, make them count for something.

21 comments in this topic

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles

Hi

Disclaimer

I'm not the kind of player that have to have or have to be in t10 ships quickly, i like to take my time with ships that i enjoy, i only got Moskva "quickly" because it was to be removed from the silver line , if such decision didn't exist, most probably i would be sailing happily in my Buddy or Shchors, after3 years into the game.

I don't know about you. @Crysantos@MrConway

But as I'm looking to my port, i see a lot of port queens and they fall in two categories.

1 - Silver ships .

a - my attention is not focus in that line in the moment. (i'm only one player)

b - Ships that are waiting for me (the latest is Bayern, before a ugly duckling, now a full grown swan, it went strait to the top, a 1000 battle ship... you get what i mean, it's not the first neither will be the last)   

c - Turds

2 - premium ships

And the main reason is, they are a waste of time because they are a dead end in the grind. And they could give access to the silver line of the nation that said ship belongs.

Personally i don't use premium ships for training captains.

1 - Playing over and over again a ship with low skills captains, you end up playing a understrength ship over and over again.

Playing the silver ship you end up training the captain and upgrade the ship in one go.

2 - Playing premium ships can disturb your plans in progress

My most immediate plan it's to put my Balti ( another 1000 battle ship) captain at 19 points , for that I've been playing my 19 points captains (no complains there) but doing so i can't play some of my premium ships that i would love to play.

Giving access to premium ships to the silver line would help, it wont feel as I'm idle when i play them.

Bama, JB, Moskva and DM. Will be the next ones, after Balti

I'm planning already having a 19 points captain in reserve when i unlock DM.

Premium ships as is would be awesome at t10, at least was what i fell when i unlock Moskva.

Now the grind is over i can finally play my premium ships.

But then...back to the grind.

thank you.

• Bad 3

[CATS]
Players
28,175 posts
14,910 battles

I like to play my premium ships. And I like to put 19 point captains on them to get Elite Captain XP, that I use to train other captains.

• Cool 10

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
14 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

I like to play my premium ships. And I like to put 19 point captains on them to get Elite Captain XP, that I use to train other captains.

I can't do that. Because...:Smile_sad:

Buddy and Shchors  while being in the same class as Moskva both have the wrong build. IFHE, RPF...

Bayern's captain would fit perfectly in Bama or JB if he was American or French or had triple nationality

And so on

Wrong class or wrong Nationality or wrong build

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,507 posts
8,691 battles

1 hour ago, Butterdoll said:

I can't do that. Because...:Smile_sad:

Buddy and Shchors  while being in the same class as Moskva both have the wrong build. IFHE, RPF...

Bayern's captain would fit perfectly in Bama or JB if he was American or French or had triple nationality

And so on

Wrong class or wrong Nationality or wrong build

Erm Mate.

You Train a 19 Point Captain on a Premium Ship.

He STAYS on that Premium Ship.

You then Play that Premium Ship because all Captain Exp that Captain now Earns will Automaticly be Converted into Elite Captain Exp which you can then give to whatever other Captain of whatever other Nation to level him up.

Hence I will often put alot of Signals and Camos on my Premium Ships to Farm Credits, Free Exp and Elite Captain Exp. All of which is then used to further my Silver Ship Lines as I grind them and Provide them with Proper Captains.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1

[SHAFT]
Players
11,091 posts
9,479 battles

Pretty much why i personaly wouldnt just get a premium ship, because its a premium, if you know what i mean.

I like Premiums, which are unique, so they offer something which silver ships dont have.

Lenin vs Vladi

pretty much the same, no need to get Lenin, as you can just play Vladi

compared to

Massa vs NC

totaly different. You cant play NC the same way as Massa. You could play Massa the same way as NC, but that would make little sense, as you actively gimp yourself.

So both ships have a different role and both are good doing that. So if you want to play secondary brawler you pick Massa, if you want good accurate guns you pick NC.

The newer you are to the game, the more sense it makes to play premium ships:

- More credits (or no credit loss atleast)

- Can use any captain without retraining

- Always "fully upgraded" as you dont have to buy modules.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
14,839 battles

Premums may be "dead in the tech tree line" but they do make a loads of FreeXP and credits, and (re)train captains faster. The fact that retraining captains that are disabled/50 % skill punishement in tech tree ships are 100 % enabled in premium ships helps a lot too. That way you can just play them full functional without punishement untill they are retrained and without spending FreeXP or elite captain points on them.

I often send them to a T6 Operations premium and do a few Ops with them and viola...retrained and put back in the high tier tech tree ship they came from.

If anything i wish there would be a buyable camo that changes a tech tree ship into a premium. As many tech tree ships are actually more capable/powerful then premiums but will always suffer less income even with buyable camo's.

Players
10,213 posts
11,991 battles
7 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

Just buy correct type of premium, like Lazo or Ochakov

tenor.gif

Besides, why WG would come up with multinational ships (AFAIK there is one multinational captain of weeb variety though) when they can sell you more premiums?

Tankers have worse, as when you put heavy tank crew in medium tank premium, crew not only may suffer from suboptimal skill set, but also have active penalty for wrong tank type. In boats you can put DD captain in BB, skills won't be optimal but you won't get artificial accuracy/reload/handling penalty for doing so.

Players
6,841 posts
11,256 battles
41 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Tankers have worse, as when you put heavy tank crew in medium tank premium, crew not only may suffer from suboptimal skill set, but also have active penalty for wrong tank type. In boats you can put DD captain in BB, skills won't be optimal but you won't get artificial accuracy/reload/handling penalty for doing so.

Will you stop giving them bad ideas? :Smile_teethhappy:

53 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Premums may be "dead in the tech tree line" but they do make a loads of FreeXP

Premium ships dont make more free XP...

• Cool 1

[CORNG]
Players
2,047 posts
16,340 battles
9 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Indirectly because most of them have a camo with XP bonus (but of course, if you have better non-perma camos you make more (free-)XP with them).

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
5,489 posts

For me, premium ships are economically better plus they have a permanent camo (not always quite the type I would prefer but.. whales can't be choosers...). They also allow me the flexibility of more easily switching captains (possibly different with different skills) making them also more versatile than silver ships.

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
6 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Erm Mate.

You Train a 19 Point Captain on a Premium Ship.

He STAYS on that Premium Ship.

You then Play that Premium Ship because all Captain Exp that Captain now Earns will Automaticly be Converted into Elite Captain Exp which you can then give to whatever other Captain of whatever other Nation to level him up.

I took a slightly different path.

All my 19 point captains are in the tier i play the most, in the ships i play the most, and tried to make it's captain tailor made, to get the most of particular ship

1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

The newer you are to the game, the more sense it makes to play premium ships:

- More credits (or no credit loss atleast)

- Can use any captain without retraining

- Always "fully upgraded" as you dont have to buy modules.

6 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Hence I will often put alot of Signals and Camos on my Premium Ships to Farm Credits, Free Exp and Elite Captain Exp. All of which is then used to further my Silver Ship Lines as I grind them and Provide them with Proper Captains.

So far, i never had and i don't have credits problems to this day.

before i pushed all my lines to a new tier and unlocked the new ships at the same time, no problems there either

I already unlocked Talin and Buffalo but i didn't buy them yet not because of lack of credits  but mainly because i'm only one person and i want to do other things first, like the Balti captain, and strengthening my other captains, as i go up the tiers the weaker my captains are , they are weaker than my lower tiers ones .e.g. Moskva captain has 4 points or there about.

I normally don't use flags but that is changing, i recently bought 40 million worth of credits on flags for my BBs. (Bayern and Bama)

regarding special flags i only use in special occasions, one of them it's coming  soon  (see my signature, it's why i drag it for almost a year now, in the hopes new players to the game or to the mode see it and when the time comes, there aren't as clueless people  like in the last year... i can only hope... )

economic flags are nice but i don't need them most of the times. Maybe when i became more permanent in higher tiers I'll use them more.

But that's ok, it's a choice i made willingly and I'm not complaining about that.

Having a specific captain to a specific ship and do that to every ship.

1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

Pretty much why i personaly wouldnt just get a premium ship, because its a premium, if you know what i mean.

I like Premiums, which are unique, so they offer something which silver ships dont have.

yes, i do. i'm not the kind of person of kind of player that have to have everything and i'm ok with it

I only buy premium that i like, let's take Bama as an example.

I tried it, i liked it ... very much, much more than Lenin which i also tried and i bought Bama, not by impulse but in the wake of me being fed up with German dispersion (Gneisenau) helped a lot.

It feels so fresh, much fresher than Massa which is a German BB with an American flag ( , from whom plays German BBs, Massa not yet, Georgia... uhmm... Gneisenau... i don't dislike it but for the moment...no.

Playing premium feels like a detour, a distraction, a luxury that i don't have if i want to remain on track.

2 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

Premums may be "dead in the tech tree line" but they do make a loads of FreeXP and credits, and (re)train captains faster. The fact that retraining captains that are disabled/50 % skill punishement in tech tree ships are 100 % enabled in premium ships helps a lot too. That way you can just play them full functional without punishement untill they are retrained and without spending FreeXP or elite captain points on them.

I often send them to a T6 Operations premium and do a few Ops with them and viola...retrained and put back in the high tier tech tree ship they came from.

If anything i wish there would be a buyable camo that changes a tech tree ship into a premium. As many tech tree ships are actually more capable/powerful then premiums but will always suffer less income even with buyable camo's.

Sorry, i meant dead end. i'll edit

But there is, something like that.

if you slap a perma camo on one of your favourite ships you end up with a premiumish ship regarding earnings.

many of my favourite ships have them, from the top of my head i think is about 50% bonus

2 hours ago, Panocek said:

Just buy correct type of premium, like Lazo or Ochakov

tenor.gif

Besides, why WG would come up with multinational ships (AFAIK there is one multinational captain of weeb variety though) when they can sell you more premiums?

I'm not asking for multinationalism, that was just a reply to @ColonelPete 

I'm asking for a link, access to the silver tech tree.

if you play a premium you go nowhere, you are doing nothing

if you play a silver ship you are working the captain and/or the ship and/or the tech tree, you are always doing something. And your time doesn't feel so wasted.

every time i play a premium, there's always a voice in the back of my head.

stop playing that ship, you have to do this and this and that and with this premium you are not doing neither.

[CATS]
Players
28,175 posts
14,910 battles
4 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

I'm asking for a link, access to the silver tech tree.

if you play a premium you go nowhere, you are doing nothing

if you play a silver ship you are working the captain and/or the ship and/or the tech tree, you are always doing something. And your time doesn't feel so wasted.

You should play to have fun.

Apart from being fun, playing premium ships gives you credits and trains your captains.

Players
10,213 posts
11,991 battles
11 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

stop playing that ship, you have to do this and this and that and with this premium you are not doing neither.

Imagine playing ships for fun. Whether you like the ship gameplay, looks, history or whatever else.

Besides, strap up your premboat with FXP flags and you can grind Free Exp to help you getting more ships, bonus points for raising captain/collecting Elite Exp when doing so.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,837 posts
17,716 battles
10 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

While in principle this is a more than solid and very advisable strategy because you will never have a ship your are currently playing underperform due to the captain not being maxed out it also has its own inherent little flaw(s).

If you do 1000ish games in Asashio in order to get a 19 points Yamato captain, but have actually never played Yamato even once the initial struggle will be huge, despite the captain being maxed out. Player experience on the ship is not to be underestimated and especially true in an evironment, where there are fewer premium ships available.

For example every single one of my T10 ships is helmed by a 19 points captain. In contrast to this I rarely play T10 apart from grinding LMs, mostly because I dislike the T10 gameplay. As such it always is a very steep learning curve when I join clan wars, because even if the captain may be maxed out my player skill on the respective ship will be not.

Which means that there is a certain charm in bringing your captain to 19 points "organically", i.e. using the line / ship itself.

[I-J-N]
Players
5,489 posts
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

You should play to have fun.

Apart from being fun, playing premium ships gives you credits and trains your captains.

Yes, but sometimes I'm a little envious of how some silver ships let you customize your ship by selecting different modules, like guns or torps typically. Very few premium ships let you do this. For most modules, of course, the top choice is the obvious one.

[CATS]
Players
28,175 posts
14,910 battles
1 hour ago, Ubertron_X said:

If you do 1000ish games in Asashio in order to get a 19 points Yamato captain, but have actually never played Yamato even once the initial struggle will be huge, despite the captain being maxed out. Player experience on the ship is not to be underestimated and especially true in an evironment, where there are fewer premium ships available.

As long as you do not research the Yamato by playing Asashio, I do not see the problem.

Playing Amagi and Izumo to research Yamato is enough preparation and training.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
14,839 battles
5 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

FreeXP is earned at a 5 % rate of regular XP.  All premiums come with a 50 % or 100 % XP bonus camo on them so ofcourse they earn more FreeXP then tech tree ships with or without credit payed camo's that have no XP bonusses.

And yes you can slap a doubloon payed ( or event won ) perma-camo on tech tree ships too so they get the same 50 % or 100 % XP bonus and then there is no (Free)XP difference.

And then ofcourse there is Anshan....100 % FreeXP on that. It is a premium ship....

What i meant was a special camo making tech tree ships premium ships with all the features that come with it, so including free moving of captains.

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,728 posts
25,060 battles
4 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

[...]

.... and there lies ur answer why nothing gonna change in regard to ur request: u get that feeling? fine, buy dubs and convert ship xp into free xp!

play or get played is the question here.... f.e., my personal approach to wows xp economy:

- level several, if not all lines at once (in theory!)

- play a ship and move on to the next, no matter if winning or losing (spreading the risk to not get daily bonusses)

- after having all through, repeat with the ships u lost on in line

- try to get daily xp bonus on as many ships as possible

- use free xp only to unlock modules, if at all, in the start

- if lines maxed out, farm for free xp solely. u'll never have to grind lines u dont want to again. just unlock by a few clicks and a few hundred k fxp

for captns/prem ships:

- try to have silver ships for ur prem suitable captns, in doubt keep em in port or respec captn for the right combo

- the more prems u can play him on the better

- go for the daily bonusses, in addition to ship grind or better in line with. same roster as ship grind

- focus on one captn first, play him daily for the bonus. bring him up to 19 pts

- when being maxed out, keep on playing him daily for elite commander xp! on as many ships as possible

- don't mind other commanders progressions, they will progress

- as soon u can max another commander out to 19pts with elite xp, do it!

- if by cahnce for low input, get prems for the 2nd one if u have none yet

- back to start, just with the next maxed out captn. rinse, repeat: at one point u will be able to max out any new captn u get instantly ;)...

in both cases camo/signal combo ofc can speed up the progression by miles!

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,726 posts
18,025 battles
Vor 8 Stunden, DFens_666 sagte:

From this point of view I'd consider Graf Spee one the best if not the best premium in the game. Totally different from other ships while being nicely balanced. 

Players
2,264 posts
14,115 battles
8 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

Premium ships dont make more free XP..

Some have basic XP boosted like Sims.