You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Horattio_Nelson

CVs nerf

37 comments in this topic

Players
8 posts

Hello everyone

It's like the 5th game in a row that a CV does 20k damage with just one attack of AP bombers, that's just nonsense.  I suggest to nerf some of those damages cause it's just disgusting.

Tier where i saw those absurd damages: T7-8-9-10.

CV should be more of a spotting light damage type of game... actually it's worst than having an enemy DD at 2 kms away. They are too key to the match

• Cool 11
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4

Players
865 posts
10,287 battles

Welcome to the club. You are correct and you are not alone.

However your request will be ignored and your post will be moved to the General CV relate discussions thread of the forgotten thoughts.

• Cool 7

[KITEN]
Players
141 posts
15,559 battles
17 minutes ago, Horattio_Nelson said:

Hello everyone

It's like the 5th game in a row that a CV does 20k damage with just one attack of AP bombers, that's just nonsense.  I suggest to nerf some of those damages cause it's just disgusting.

CV should be more of a spotting light damage type of game... actually it's worst than having an enemy DD at 2 kms away. They are too key to the match

remove all the current planes from CV and give them only spot planes will satisfy you.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

Players
3,280 posts
19,937 battles
28 minutes ago, Horattio_Nelson said:

Hello everyone

According to some, you and this post do not exist. :fish_nerv:

There ar some changes in the works, and there was a rumor about AP bomb damage reduction, but I cant be arsed to look it up.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
8 posts

Are even one of you able to answer like a normal person, without being this toxic? I wrote down a thought, if you have one aswell just write it down. It’s not that hard now is it?... 

• Funny 2

Players
21 posts
7,941 battles
44 minutes ago, Horattio_Nelson said:

CV should be more of a spotting light damage type of game...

Here is simple problem. You can't take damage from them because 90% of players in team will ignore any important ship you spot.

For example: You spot a DD so your team can shoot and kill him but that probably won't happen when there is some nearby ship because majority of players will always go for easy dmg than strategic targets.

• Bad 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,132 posts
14,608 battles
12 minutes ago, Horattio_Nelson said:

Are even one of you able to answer like a normal person, without being this toxic?

Most people are agreeing with you! This is however a topic that has been gone over a myriad times (although I don't blame you for missing it, as most stuff gets lost in the interminable sticky CV thread, because WG don't want CVs' failings talked about all over the place), so you shouldn't be surprised by a certain amount of flippancy...

• Cool 5

[TOXIC]
Players
4,786 posts
12,246 battles
27 minutes ago, Horattio_Nelson said:

Are even one of you able to answer like a normal person, without being this toxic? I wrote down a thought, if you have one aswell just write it down. It’s not that hard now is it?... 

Lol. This cracked me up.

You make a very strong anti-CV claim (I'm not even talking the general premise but the vocabulary and the ridiculous hyperbole of a CV being more threatening than a DD appearing 2km away from you) and some people chime in and support you - but your persecution complex is so strong that you see yourself being collectively assaulted :Smile_veryhappy:

With your perception I'm starting to wonder if each of these 5 consecutive matches even had a CV. I mean, are you sure that none of these 20k AP bomb drops were in fact a salvo from Yamato? Also big caliber AP and can be falling from relatively high up when you're far enough! :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
1,875 posts
19,346 battles

Whilst I can easily understand your frustration and in before the thread is locked. 

The presence of CVs in a battle greatly reduces my enjoyment of said battles but WG have a extremely lacklustre desire to address the outstanding issues with CVs. So don't expect anything to change.

• Cool 4

Players
847 posts

I just wanted to see of I could finish the post before it was locked and buried like the last one, Yay I did it

I did watch a CC talking about spotting nerfs etc sometime this week but can;t remember who, but It may have been Flamu I don't watch many CC's anymore.

Players
8 posts

Eliastion, as i said i’m on the phone and I don’t know how to tag the guy I wanted to reply to. I was referring to the one who blabbed about turning CVs into plane spotter only. I can’t stand those toxic comments but yeah without tag it’s just too messy, sorry

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
348 posts
5,083 battles
1 hour ago, Europizza said:

There ar some changes in the works, and there was a rumor about AP bomb damage reduction, but I cant be arsed to look it up.

It already happened?

1123836619_APbombnerf.PNG.baa53f4eecbfbd6a19fdfc1df5b5d72d.PNG

• Cool 2

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,407 posts
10,964 battles

Yes since Reeeeeework introduction.

1e8bfa04d401353280d81bfb1d2ec798.jpeg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[MOD-C]
Players
3,221 posts
14,098 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, Horattio_Nelson sagte:

Hello everyone

Nerf BB AP! They can do around 50 - 100 k damage in a single salvo.

CV´s got so many nerfs the last updates, they are only a bad joke now.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 3

[SHAFT]
Players
11,032 posts
9,461 battles

AP bombs aswell as AP rockets should not exist at all. You cant really balance them, especially since they usually drop more on hightiers. Its against the concept of "low" alpha damage.

• Cool 2

Players
322 posts
7,691 battles

We had AP bomb damage nerfed, rockets nerfed and you can only see 15km around you instead of 18? what do you want to nerf next? tell us

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
413 posts
2,244 battles
Just now, DFens_666 said:

AP bombs aswell as AP rockets should not exist at all. You cant really balance them, especially since they usually drop more on hightiers. Its against the concept of "low" alpha damage.

You could, but it would take a lot more mechanics being added to CV dive bombers for it to work.

For example having a speedometer that you needed to keep an eye on during the dive to release at the correct speed to allow the bomb to punch through to the Citadel without over penetrating or bouncing off the Citadels armor.

-A driftometer that wandered left or right throwing bomb aim off and had to be accounted for as you dived by making small mouse adjustments left and right to counteract otherwise your bombs would wander off course after release and might miss entirely.

-A 'golden spot' in the lowest point of the dive while your still vertical where if you have everything correct then the probability of getting a Citadel strike is massively higher. Drop before this point and your bombs WILL wander (even if the drift was correct at time of release) drop too late and the bomb angle will be wrong resulting in the bomb bouncing off the deck.

Make it so a player has to earn that Citadel strike unlike at the moment where you just release at the highest point and cross your fingers.

[LEEUW]
Players
2,614 posts
10,265 battles

How is it not fun to get struck by AP bombers? I was under the impression that every player likes that feature....

• Funny 11

[-LA-]
Players
687 posts
5,152 battles
5 hours ago, Horattio_Nelson said:

Hello everyone

just out of curiosity , what would be an acceptable amount of damage for them to do?

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,435 posts
20,519 battles
44 minutes ago, Padds01 said:

just out of curiosity , what would be an acceptable amount of damage for them to do?

Balance-wise? Given the current risk-factor of CVs halving the damage across the board would be a good start.

The issue is that an acceptable amount of damage for surface ship players will always be unacceptable to CV players and vice versa. This is because neither are playing under the same design principles.

• Cool 5

Players
1,110 posts
12,613 battles
3 hours ago, Nov_A said:

It already happened?

1123836619_APbombnerf.PNG.baa53f4eecbfbd6a19fdfc1df5b5d72d.PNG

This. Come on guys, each of these CVs has had their AP bombs nerfed before, and very recently all AP bombs have been nerfed significantly accross the board, not to speak about the accuracy. 

Its fine that you feel AP bombers are strong, but they already got their nerf a week ago, they don't need a new one next week

• Cool 1

[-LA-]
Players
687 posts
5,152 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

Balance-wise? Given the current risk-factor of CVs halving the damage across the board would be a good start.

The issue is that an acceptable amount of damage for surface ship players will always be unacceptable to CV players and vice versa. This is because neither are playing under the same design principles.

well i was asking the op i think we all know where you stand ;) obviously differing class's should be different. but when you say half do you think cv's should do half the average damage per game? half of what? are the other three equal?