You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Peroidas

How to farm achievements?

25 comments in this topic

Players
159 posts
3,779 battles

As there are 12 in a directive, are there any that are easier to get so I can aim for them instead of playing constantly for a week hoping to get enough?

• Cool 1

[ALONE]
Modder
2,234 posts
13,949 battles

Operations. As long as it is not Newport-week and you survive, you will receive at least one. 

Players
1,052 posts
15,102 battles

Why not just see how you get on in Ranked Sprint first, and then worry if you're still short at the end?

Plenty of First Bloods, Dev Strikes, Die Hards, CQE's, to be farmed.

If that happens to me I'll be farming Killer Whale, for at least one Sea Star per battle, but usually also Assistants and Major Contributors using Ryujo.

Players
951 posts
3,431 battles
5 hours ago, Smeggo said:

Operations. As long as it is not Newport-week and you survive, you will receive at least one. 

well, wrong.

you probably need 5 stars to get the seastar.

thanks to potato teams  - yes, even in ops :facepalm: - I have now played 4 ops and got 1 seastar. great.

EDIT:

complete all objectives (i.e. 5 stars)

survive

AND

deal more than 100% of your ship's HP damage

sadly, can't complete all objectives alone.

it's probably easier to farm "dreadnaught" and "first blood" in randoms

• Cool 1

[ALONE]
Modder
2,234 posts
13,949 battles

You are right. Gonna wait for Aegis, 5 stars there is not that hard.

Edit: Nevermind, mission will be gone when Aegis returns. :Smile_sad:

Players
159 posts
3,779 battles
54 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Go to ranked with a secondary specced ship, hunt for DDs.

Only JB, Neptune and Alaska @ TIX. And I just do not have luck for achievements and kills...

For example this Neptune, worth first blood and devstrike was killed by Kron just after my salvo that dealt 39270 dmg...

Neptune.thumb.jpg.9d2c7d98db7f451d06fecc5844550281.jpg

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
12 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Battleships are the easiest for me.

• Dreadnought
  • Fireproof
  • First Blood
  • Secondary Kills

This in ranked mode 3vs3 ( when you do not camp like a fool but flank and kill )

And in Operations : ( use the Operations channel and join a full group to make sure you win and complete all objectives )

- Sea Star

- Tactical Expertise

- Universal Seaman

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles

Learn about  the achievements, what you need to do to earn them, choose the ones you can do more easily and go for it?

Players
1,097 posts
3,984 battles

I find DDs easiest to get achievements, use any high DPM gunboat DD => Rush enemy DD for first blood => Suicide torpedo a battleship for devastating strike.

[UA-NF]
Players
435 posts
7,463 battles
Am 22.8.2020 um 11:47, ColonelPete sagte:

• Dreadnought
  • Fireproof
  • First Blood
  • Secondary Kills

I would add HE spamming BBs... for two more achievements

Players
574 posts
3,751 battles

I think Ops might be the easiest way right now. It's currently Killer Whale which is a nice offering and so long as your team aren't brain damaged morons that either lose or don't go into the green circle(at least half the remaining team) then it's a nice and very achievable 4-5 star results.(should be 5)). So, given that you should get the sea star achievement I'll outline some other pretty doable achievements if you play specifically for them. 

CV - Major Contribution. I think that's what its called, most definitely the easiest on KW and I think 180k+ dmg should see you get that which is easy on this very CV friendly mission

BB's and cruisers - Natural Selection. Destroy 4 of the same class and it's in the bag. On KW there's a nice selection of both so, it's only a matter of focusing on killing that same class and play whichever you prefer and find easier.

DD's. Torpedoman. Land 15 torpedo strikes. Now this is normally not all that easy because torps are so powerful but the Vasteras doesn't have powerful torps and it reloads fast so its actually pretty easy with the European if you just focus on that particular task.

Anything else you might bag is obviously a nice bonus but 2 per battle is definitely achievable. 

Players
1,893 posts
19,442 battles

I did that requirement in Ops, this weeks Op is thankfully Killer Whale one that's pretty hard for a team to fail at and every battle is an easy 2 or 3 achievements so took no time at all. 

[XTREM]
Players
101 posts
10,098 battles
On 8/22/2020 at 2:55 PM, Peroidas said:

As there are 12 in a directive, are there any that are easier to get so I can aim for them instead of playing constantly for a week hoping to get enough?

I did mine with the conqueror! Too easy with that.. 

I got high calibre, confederate, witherer, arsonist, dreadnought and fireproof.

Beta Tester
323 posts
16,171 battles
On 8/22/2020 at 11:47 AM, ColonelPete said:

• Dreadnought
  • Fireproof
  • First Blood
  • Secondary Kills

Like this. Take Nelson for dreadnought & fireproof, devstrike cruisers with AP or farm witherer with HE on BBs.

[JRM]
Players
7,084 posts
On 8/22/2020 at 11:25 AM, Peroidas said:

Dev strikes and Just a flesh wound are pretty easy to farm in torp DDs, First blood is prob next easiest if you go for it, the attrition ones such as High Caliber, Confederate etc are harder to do but not that hard to farm as to be out of scope within a week of normal Random playing, the resilience stuff such as Fireproof and Dreadnought can be done in BBs if you are carefoul to escape at the right time and let the fire burn in a safe way although they come by themselves anyway if you play a tanking role in a BB

[FAITH]
Players
115 posts

Go with lion in ranked get some floods and fires and get first blood and shoot HE and ram and survive at the end = 

Fireproof

Unsinkable

Dreadnaught

Firstblood

Arsonist

Die hard

And potential Witherer

Good luck with rng.

• Cool 1

[40-1]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
309 posts
10,778 battles

I found some ppl do some achivements in tha way: pick up DD, use flags for burnout and rush enemy - blowup achivement earned! :)