Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
KubusSc7

Regarding chat bans

14 comments in this topic

Question

Beta Tester
174 posts
7,866 battles

What is the mental state of the people deciding to ban a player from using the chat for 10 days?

Are they little dictators being happy about the power they cna abuse?

Do they even think about what it will do to the moral of the player who cannot HELP his team by telling them what to do, so he keeps losing even more games as before because the game is full of little children who doesnt have any idea about the very basics in this free2play game?

Do they even care?

Why do 10 days ban even exist and is it being reviewed by more people than 1 to be absoluztely sure it is justified to ban someone from speaking for 10 DAYS?

Why do such WG employees hate teamplay?

Why do they not deactivate the chat in this TEAMGAME completely to even save money and time to deal with those chat incidents to make the gameplay better?

Do those employees even know what communication in a teamgame is?

• Boring 4
  • Bad 1

13 answers to this question

[CATS]
Players
28,175 posts
14,910 battles

They want to protect the team from the misbehaviour of the punished.

And they have the small hope that the punished learns his lesson.

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
4,790 posts
4,046 battles
On 8/22/2020 at 9:58 AM, KubusSc7 said:

What is the mental state of the people deciding to ban a player from using the chat for 10 days?

Pretty good. Like basically everybody, on monday a bit lower than on a friday. 

No, they are customer support representatives. 

Do they even think about what it will do to the moral of the player who cannot HELP his team by telling them what to do, so he keeps losing even more games as before because the game is full of little children who doesnt have any idea about the very basics in this free2play game?

Do players who got banned are thinking before they write about the 23 other players in battle who have to read insults? The goal of a ban is to enforce the rules and maybe also to show the offending player where are the limits.

Do they even care?

You can't even imagine the day where we will have to put no more chat bans. I genuinely believe we would all by really happy about this, because it would mean that players will behave normally between themselves, as adults. So yes, they do care that game is not polluted by toxicity.

Why do 10 days ban even exist and is it being reviewed by more people than 1 to be absoluztely sure it is justified to ban someone from speaking for 10 DAYS?

If you disagree with a chat ban, and wants to be reviewed, you can contact with one of the community manager. We will check the chatlogs. 

We do like teamplay.

Why do they not deactivate the chat in this TEAMGAME completely to even save money and time to deal with those chat incidents to make the gameplay better?

Because we do like teamplay.

We our gamers ourselves. So yes, we do. 

• Cool 5

[XTREM]
Players
1,885 posts
14,428 battles

Amazing that the chatbanned guy wants to play the victim card, simply amazing. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
2,306 posts
31,496 battles
1 hour ago, KubusSc7 said:

Do they even care?

There is an extensive thread about this subject in below link. You may want to take a look at there;

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,020 posts
16,346 battles
1 hour ago, KubusSc7 said:

Player report 'ban for complains' restricts your chat for 24h, anything over than that is suposedly done by player support.

Tho i have my chat banned for around 3 months straight, with 1 day window in between each mont, disabling chat window helps during those times.

And do not question their mental state, those snowflakes get ofended by it.

1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

After few 'BOT/Useless/Island molesters' calls on players, and my 1 month chat bans, i wrote to support to explain the reasons twice, all i got was standart answering machine answer. So, how am i supposed to know which of the tree ofends our dear players the most to avoid calling them and as a result learn my lesson and not do it again? Because if someone after 10 min is still sitting in a corner i do make a call on them, and suposedly THEY are the ones who report me, kind of unfair if you ask me.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
28,175 posts
14,910 battles
4 minutes ago, Azalgor said:

So, how am i supposed to know which of the tree ofends our dear players the most to avoid calling them and as a result learn my lesson and not do it again? Because if someone after 10 min is still sitting in a corner i do make a call on them, and suposedly THEY are the ones who report me, kind of unfair if you ask me.

Do not call them anything. Most parents teach that their kids when they are in kindergarten.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
174 posts
7,866 battles
4 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

They want to protect the team from the misbehaviour of the punished.

Can they protect them from life? Protection is meant to stop someoneone form gettinmg hurt...to tell something who does bad, that he does bad, and giving him advice how to do better...is not atatcking him. To protect him from getting told that has negative effects of future games he plays in, so that his mere presence there will have negative impacts on his team, on a lot of people. There is more damage being done punishing the teacher, than protecting the not-knowing child.

[CATS]
Players
28,175 posts
14,910 battles
9 minutes ago, KubusSc7 said:

Can they protect them from life? Protection is meant to stop someoneone form gettinmg hurt...to tell something who does bad, that he does bad, and giving him advice how to do better...is not atatcking him. To protect him from getting told that has negative effects of future games he plays in, so that his mere presence there will have negative impacts on his team, on a lot of people. There is more damage being done punishing the teacher, than protecting the not-knowing child.

Just from unnecessary rude people.

Most people are better off without a toxic chat. Stuff tends to escalate and distract from battle.

• Cool 1

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,701 posts
14,190 battles

Another fascinating thread of chat bans.

If only chat bans came with a suspension from forum posting as well.

• Cool 1

[MIND]
[MIND]
Players
33 posts
2,363 battles

If you're going to be abusive in the chat expect a chat ban. It's happened to me too in the past. No point ranting about it on the forums though lol

[TSR]
Players
116 posts

I have been chat banned a few times BUT did win an appeal once, and got the ban reversed and got an apology and was told someone made a mistake.

How many times has this been done to others though ??

[MIND]
[MIND]
Players
33 posts
2,363 battles

To add to this though I do think it would be nice if WG included a reason for the chat ban. I can't find the reason for my recent chat ban anywhere and I genuinely can't recall what I've said! :D

Players
573 posts
3,652 battles

So bad language is not allow and punished, ok, yet you don't sensor it either? That's really clever that. How about just sensor all the offensive cus words by default and don't say they wouldn't all get removed, 99% of them would be, especially since this game is multilingual so even someone insulting ppl in different languages would be removed. After that it's only a matter adding newly created and well constructed cus words that players go about building from other key symbols etc. Soon enough, most all insults are removed. That way, those insulted don't have to be insulted and those that go off on one don't get chat banned.   

Sign in to follow this