You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
PeteEarthling

Directives impossible?

44 comments in this topic

[STEEL]
Players
660 posts

"You can complete the chain of combat missions playing Tier V–X ships in Random, Ranked, and Co-op Battles, as well as Operations."

So tell me... how do I get 12 achievements in coop? :Smile_facepalm:

shot-20.08.21_07.02.52-0072.png

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[YEBOI]
Players
133 posts
12,454 battles
2 minutes ago, PeteEarthling said:

"You can complete the chain of combat missions playing Tier V–X ships in Random, Ranked, and Co-op Battles, as well as Operations."

Detonating might not be disabled :)

• Funny 3

[DAVY]
Players
3,022 posts
14,586 battles
10 minutes ago, PeteEarthling said:

always been the same :P

[CATS]
Players
28,133 posts
14,900 battles
19 minutes ago, PeteEarthling said:

Since you have the other battle modes, the directive is not impossible.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[STEEL]
Players
660 posts

Well, so I can get 6 tokens at the most, which yield me a single gift container (=some signals) and a single expendable camo. 

I would consider buying one of the Halloween permacamos, but containers all over again? No, thanks. It's like going to the supermarket to buy milk, and they tell you "Gimme 5 bucks, and you get a paperbag that contains a random item from our entire store."

[STEEL]
Players
660 posts
Just now, ColonelPete said:

You might look up the the difference between "and" and "or".

So, is it impossible to do a directive for achievements in coop or not?

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
Just now, GulvkluderGuld said:

Are you sure it's not a bad translation from russian? =Over any number of battles , earn 12 achievements?

I'm sure that's that, but I can also understand OP's point: There are no achievemants earnable in CoOp, so why is it included in this list?

I assume a minor oversight on WG's part when copy pasting mission requirements from a sheet into the Warships UI. 

Either way OP, if you're a CoOp only player, I fear you're outta luck here.

• Cool 5

[CATS]
Players
28,133 posts
14,900 battles
6 minutes ago, PeteEarthling said:

So, is it impossible to do a directive for achievements in coop or not?

Yes, it is, but that does not make the directive impossible.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[SINT]
Players
978 posts
21,747 battles
1 minute ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Are you sure it's not a bad translation from russian? =Over any number of battles , earn 12 achievements?

Well I don’t think wows requires you to get those 12 missions in one game, although after PR dockyard event:Smile_trollface:... 

But achievements cannot be done in coop. Scenarios maybe ( also pve) but not efficient. 

But 12 achievements is a steep requirement for a mission that gives in total 15 :etc_swear:tokens when the advertised main prize like the Atlanta camo is 65 and König A or vampire is 75...

Easy mission WG said...Get your Vampire or K Albert WG said....well FU WG...

• Cool 1

[SINT]
Players
978 posts
21,747 battles
27 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

12 achievements can be done in random yes.  Not the most easy type off farmable mission goal but stil ( think requirement effort vs reward is out of proportion) but emphasizing by wg that this can be also done exclusively in coop and then putting achievements in the mix is not ok.

Beta Tester
288 posts

Agreed. It’s not ok to have a directive that can’t be completed in co-op and still say it can be. That’s really low.

A case of you can complete it any way you want, but not really. :fish_palm:

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
7,014 posts

Well its in the line of "get 6 achievments in one battle" and for that we give you - 2 flags...

Now IDK who in WG is coming up with this BS but I would like him to show me how he is farming that particular task as i didnt see blokes like flamu do that all that often so would really like to see a master at work...

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
7,014 posts
20 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Play Scenarios instead?

You will get 12 achievments in Random/Rank way faster then in ops

[-TPF-]
Players
4,223 posts
17,668 battles
14 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

You will get 12 achievments in Random/Rank way faster then in ops

I know, but I'll also age faster and my doctor has told me not to do things which raise my blood pressure. So Ops it is. 

• Funny 2

Players
3,084 posts
17,505 battles
13 hours ago, Jvd2000 said:

Well I don’t think wows requires you to get those 12 missions in one game, although after PR dockyard event:Smile_trollface:... 

But achievements cannot be done in coop. Scenarios maybe ( also pve) but not efficient. 

But 12 achievements is a steep requirement for a mission that gives in total 15 :etc_swear:tokens when the advertised main prize like the Atlanta camo is 65 and König A or vampire is 75...

Easy mission WG said...Get your Vampire or K Albert WG said....well FU WG...

DIdnt know you could earn a tier III ship or whatever other things tokens can buy. Isn't non-useless tokens quite generous by current WG standards, even if you have to donate your left kidney for them? :Smile_trollface:

I stopped paying attention to WG token missions since spring after they literally did 1 detonation flag as mission rewards and there were no intermediate rewards.

Since then tokens only seems useful if you spend 100.000 doubloons or €€€ to boost the amount you got.

Also getting achievements in Randoms isnt particularly hard. First Blood, Dev strike and Dreadnought in particular are fairly easy to obtain. 

[PIKES]
Players
430 posts
10,043 battles
16 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Is it possible with scenarios / operations ?

Players
393 posts
4 minutes ago, neorvo said:

Is it possible with scenarios / operations ?

Yes.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Achievements

Sea Star is doable, Natural Selection is trickier since 4 same/8 kills is going to depend on factors, Torpedoman is harsher simply because DDs are trickier to play in operations, Tactical Expertise can happen but depends on others as much on you with Assistant and Major Contribution being the same but the opposite, they have to play poorly or you very well.

• Cool 1

[PIKES]
Players
430 posts
10,043 battles
20 minutes ago, WWDragon said:

Yes.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Achievements

Sea Star is doable, Natural Selection is trickier since 4 same/8 kills is going to depend on factors, Torpedoman is harsher simply because DDs are trickier to play in operations, Tactical Expertise can happen but depends on others as much on you with Assistant and Major Contribution being the same but the opposite, they have to play poorly or you very well.

Thanks for the information. I am just did the Sea Star

4VeHdIj.png

but I think it was good luck :Smile_sceptic:

This directive is challenging for me.

[DEFR]
[DEFR]
Players
1,270 posts
18 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

It's really hard though to get 12 achievements. I've managed to get 7 so far, but was lucky getting 3 of them. Killed a ship after they killed me (just a flesh wound) three times in a DD. Been playing both Random and OPS trying to get them and been at it all day long as well.

It might not be impossible, but it's hard to do. The other 3 directives are not that bad. But this one is a real pain. Spent all day trying to get 12 and didn't manage it.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
14,778 battles
18 hours ago, Allied_Winter said:

I'm sure that's that, but I can also understand OP's point: There are no achievemants earnable in CoOp, so why is it included in this list?

I assume a minor oversight on WG's part when copy pasting mission requirements from a sheet into the Warships UI. 

Either way OP, if you're a CoOp only player, I fear you're outta luck here.

Pommeren's 12 citadels are listed as achievable in Operations too......since there are no T9 operations ""minor oversights" are quite common.

[WKY05]
Players
11 posts
9,213 battles
3 hours ago, Todger_Fairmile said:

Then they should NOT have listed co-op.

This is atypical of WG, who constantly push people to play PvP Randoms.  Please note PvP not Teams V Teams.   If you care to play Randoms as an individual player, prepare to receive abuse 100 fold when you cannot or will not do as asked or if they simply look at your stats and perceive you as a potato or god forbid you are seen as a Whale.

Some people simply cannot compete in this toxic type of environment, so stay in Co-op.

WG should not have listed Co-op as a way to play this particular Leg of the mission.