You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TheBicentennialman

has wows got road map

26 comments in this topic

Players
379 posts
5,803 battles

Obviously the devs have a road map, ship lines are designed almost a year in advance for example. 

And obviously we don't know this roadmap, because it's only a roadmap. And if not everything happens exactly as said on this roadmap, players would be confused and complain. That's why things get only announced when they are nearly finalized. 

• Cool 2

Players
2,307 posts
31,577 battles

All companies have a road map but why would they share their goals that were decided at BoD with everyone else unless they are a stock market company?

• Cool 1

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,431 posts
10,977 battles
2 hours ago, Execute0rder66 said:

All companies have a road map but why would they share their goals that were decided at BoD with everyone else unless they are a stock market company?

Well for example there are some games where devs like to share with the community their plans and want the communities' opinion about their plans.

You know because its the players who will pay for their wages so they want them to receive what they want.

Like Colossal Order does. Or with Workersw and Resources: Soviet Republic. They also have a roadmap for the players what to expect.

• Cool 2

Players
2,307 posts
31,577 battles
22 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

Well for example there are some games where devs like to share with the community their plans and want the communities' opinion about their plans.

You know because its the players who will pay for their wages so they want them to receive what they want.

Like Colossal Order does. Or with Workersw and Resources: Soviet Republic. They also have a roadmap for the players what to expect.

But WG also has a devblog site and they regularly share information about upcoming events, ships, modes, balances, etc. What else should they share? 

• Cool 1

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,431 posts
10,977 battles
27 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

But WG also has a devblog site and they regularly share information about upcoming events, ships, modes, balances, etc. What else should they share? 

They release info when it is done. They tell you about the ships which have been modelled and 80% balanced. They talk to you about events and such which are 99% ready for release.

They don't share the Road map they want to go on they just share the next step.

If you are curious for a road map it looks something like this:

https://trello.com/b/0haBaHmz/soviet-republic-roadmap

Not perfect, not easily readable, doesn't have all the info but it is a road map.

What WG has is more like a newspaper that "hey guys this is coming next patch" A road map is like a business plan. We are here and we wanna do this and that and then want to get there. And so you can tick the boxes on the way, create a junction etc, but there is a Start and a Goal.

• Cool 1

Players
2,307 posts
31,577 battles
2 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

They release info when it is done. They tell you about the ships which have been modelled and 80% balanced. They talk to you about events and such which are 99% ready for release.

They don't share the Road map they want to go on they just share the next step.

If you are curious for a road map it looks something like this:

https://trello.com/b/0haBaHmz/soviet-republic-roadmap

Not perfect, not easily readable, doesn't have all the info but it is a road map.

What WG has is more like a newspaper that "hey guys this is coming next patch" A road map is like a business plan. We are here and we wanna do this and that and then want to get there. And so you can tick the boxes on the way, create a junction etc, but there is a Start and a Goal.

I see what you are saying and there may be companies sharing the road map info with their player base but WG is not a company sharing the road map the way you describe it and they may have their own reasons for that business-wise. It would still take a BoD decision to share their road map and if we don't have a "road map" in player base level, it means they want to keep it to themselves. That's what i get from it.

• Cool 1

Players
235 posts
2,755 battles

Soviet subs

Soviet subs line split

Soviet BB line split

Soviet medium cruisers

Soviet CVs

Soviet CV line split

Soviet DD rework

Soviet DD line split

Soviet light cruiser line split

Soviet Battlecruisers

Soviet submersible CVs

Soviet heavier cruisers

Soviet missile cruiser line

Italian BBs

Soviet mssile subs

some more random high tier German BBs.

• Funny 8

Players
1,890 posts
19,428 battles

I’m sure they do, it probably looks like it was drawn by a drunken spider dunked in ink but there is probably some sort of plan even if it’s a very loose rough guide.

However given the community no way are WG daft enough to tell it too us, just watch any of their twitch streams as dozens of people demand every single week a guaranteed release date for whatever is their favourite ship.

• Funny 1

[XTREM]
Players
1,894 posts
14,450 battles

A game doesn't last this long without some semblance of where they are going and what they want to do.

Yes, they have a roadmap. 

• Cool 1

Players
215 posts
3,458 battles
3 horas antes, SpartanRenegade dijo:

It has a great road sign too...for what it's worth. 

wut.png.b1e8c3970929ca6f6452fdceb71c2426.thumb.png.a22ee2ac33f3ee04ec1b22bf2af5e44e.png

Should be better, DD signal...

• Funny 1

Players
3,439 posts
6 hours ago, SpartanRenegade said:

It has a great road sign too...for what it's worth. 

wut.png.b1e8c3970929ca6f6452fdceb71c2426.thumb.png.a22ee2ac33f3ee04ec1b22bf2af5e44e.png

I always find this to be like one of those 'keep off the grass,' signs, you see it, and immediately head for it funny that:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Players
272 posts
3 hours ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

I always find this to be like one of those 'keep off the grass,' signs, you see it, and immediately head for it funny that:Smile_trollface:

A typical response would be for BBs to rush through that passage cause it takes more than a sign to stop them from sailing into an ambush.   :Smile_child:

• Funny 1

Players
1,107 posts
21,529 battles
17 hours ago, TheBicentennialman said:

i was wondering if Wows  has A roadmap if so do players get to know it

Of course! 

Here is an excerpt:

$

$$

$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Funny 1

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,766 battles
12 hours ago, domen3 said:

They do and it's a bumpy one.

bad-road-666x435.jpg

Ahhh... Belgian roads!

[O-R-P]
Players
2,294 posts
22,413 battles

All we know that is September 5-th Anniversary with Anchorage event, October and november could be USN BB split while December is Christmas/New Year event about which we know is nothing. Everything beyond that is sikret :Smile_trollface:

[BATES]
Alpha Tester
3,081 posts
12,094 battles
10 hours ago, Miragetank90 said:

A game doesn't last this long without some semblance of where they are going and what they want to do.

Yes, they have a roadmap. 

How enlightening. I love answers where the obvious is so plainly stated but nothing meaningful is actually said, lol.

[XTREM]
Players
1,894 posts
14,450 battles
34 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

How enlightening. I love answers where the obvious is so plainly stated but nothing meaningful is actually said, lol.

The OP asked a simple question, he got a simple answer, obvious as it may be.

Perhaps you were expecting some big reveal about WG's hidden plans for the future of this game?

I'm truly sorry to disappoint, but I'm not privy to such knowledge.

• Funny 1
  • Angry 1

[XTREM]
Players
4,212 posts
11,558 battles
9 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

The OP asked a simple question, he got a simple answer, obvious as it may be.

Perhaps you were expecting some big reveal about WG's hidden plans for the future of this game?

I'm truly sorry to disappoint, but I'm not privy to such knowledge.

How dare you not tell him about the CV line consisting of the ones scrapped that hopefully will return because I really need that Zuiho in my life HOW can you forget this u so cruel mean me sad. 

• Funny 2