You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ydoum

Camouflage rant

54 comments in this topic

[THROW]
Players
176 posts
8,600 battles

I'm an active player. A paying one, as well.

I have completely no issues with signals as there are now plenty of ways of obtaining them (armory for credits is probably the best example).

However, the camo situation is just god-awful. There aren't enough events to obtain them, and the way "premium" containers are designed is not cost-effective if you just want to target camos. Besides, price:reward ratio in most of those containers is just terrible.

Armory offers some camos, true, but they are overpriced and most of them are simply trash.

We need more ways and more options to obtain camos or a massive price reduction for the poop ones available for coal.

• Cool 13
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
162 posts
10,461 battles
1 minute ago, Ydoum said:

I have completely no issues with signals as there are now plenty of ways of obtaining them (armory for credits is probably the best example).

However, the camo situation is just god-awful. There aren't enough events to obtain them, and the way "premium" containers are designed is not cost-effective if you just want to target camos. Besides, price:reward ratio in most of those containers is just terrible.

Armory offers some camos, true, but they are overpriced and most of them are simply trash.

We need more ways and more options to obtain camos or a massive price reduction for the poop ones available for coal.

Wows birtday is comimg soon with SC for every tX. Im sure youll gey your camos, question is which ones. Last year i've got around 400 x 250% commander BS ones and few others.

• Bad 1

[THROW]
Players
176 posts
8,600 battles
1 minute ago, rurkovsky said:

Wows birtday is comimg soon with SC for every tX. Im sure youll gey your camos, question is which ones. Last year i've got around 400 x 250% commander BS ones and few others.

Sure, I'll probably get a few, no doubt there. But that doesn't change the fact that, let's say, armory offers nothing but a massive coal sink for some of the worst camos in the game.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[TACHA]
Players
268 posts
4,691 battles

I'd be quite happy to buy camo, I got around 200 "This is your day commander" camo's when they were on sale, sell me more camo please.

Iain

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,830 posts
17,712 battles

What tiers and ships are you playing? Using mostly premium ships that come with their own camo (which admittedly is not as good as others) and not playing T10 much I have not much trouble stockpiling camouflages. Resetting and regrinding ship lines for research points is more or less the only way for me to spend large amounts of camo.

image.png.3dd9f8172de3cca6b4c7e7ec3a14d3a3.png

image.png.444e955be4915b0750a94de044e26752.png

• Cool 1

Players
7,233 posts
245 battles
1 minute ago, Ubertron_X said:

What tiers and ships are you playing? Using mostly premium ships that come with their own camo (which admittedly is not as good as others) and not playing T10 much I have not much trouble stockpiling camouflages. Resetting and regrinding ship lines for research points is more or less the only way for me to spend large amounts of camo.

image.png.3dd9f8172de3cca6b4c7e7ec3a14d3a3.png

image.png.444e955be4915b0750a94de044e26752.png

Take away about 8 camos there, put the rest bar one at 1-4 camos left and thats my situation atm lol.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,830 posts
17,712 battles
7 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Take away about 8 camos there, put the rest bar one at 1-4 camos left and thats my situation atm lol.

With some minor compulsive disorder I tend to immediately "eliminate" small stacks of camo whenever I receive them, so the UI is not clusterfracked and the camo stacks quite nicely. Also it is easier to find specific camo, e.g. extra credits or captain XP when you have fewer stacks.

I admit though that I have never bought any camo in the shop (apart as part of crates) as the prices seem excessive, even while using coupons.

• Cool 4

Players
2,305 posts
31,466 battles
24 minutes ago, Ydoum said:

I have the same complaint for signals as they are expensive in the armory and after battle costs are too high. But I am okay with camos except the silver camos with ridiculous steel price tag.

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
Players
3,034 posts
14,609 battles

i have the same problem :P

0916j0n.jpg

i did sell around a 100 million credits worth of the lesser camo's a while back because i never used them...

But i do think they are quite expensive if you have to buy from the armoury, and don't we get 2 camo's for every T5-7 for the anniversary in a couple of weeks.

[THROW]
Players
176 posts
8,600 battles

That's how bad it is for me. Cannot really regrind anything as I would probably kill myself trying to regrind with credits camos.

image.png

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,830 posts
17,712 battles

What kind of containers do you use? I usually always go for the flags and camo container since they changed try your luck a couple of years back and the normal camo is stacking so high I usually even sell the single benefit ones.

[JRM]
Players
7,036 posts

Dude its simple, if you are already spending and want more good camos - wait for the events such as this one currently where they are packed in the crates that might drop some nice extra value stuff, buy a bunch of those, you will likely get the stuff and a cra*load of camos...

[CATS]
Players
28,170 posts
14,910 battles
38 minutes ago, Ydoum said:

I have over a thousand camos and they increase all the time.

I am surprised that you have a lack of them.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,351 posts
26,197 battles
31 minutes ago, Ydoum said:

That's how bad it is for me. Cannot really regrind anything as I would probably kill myself trying to regrind with credits camos.

I guess you are the target audience for RB. Wants to do it, but doesn't have patience and resources, except credit card :cap_like:

• Funny 1

Players
352 posts
11,571 battles

i have to confess that back in the day we were thrown camos like it was nothing, but i would get if i started only a year or so ago i would have a massive camo issue. I still use and have hundreds of camos from events from years ago. I think i got around 1k camos left, but after that its gonna be rough to grind ect. 

• Cool 4

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,763 battles

How can you have over 5000 games and not be swimming in camo's? Are you overusing them?

I do have to admit, since a year or something WG isn't spamming out camo's anymore. But be4 that... There were events you could collect hunderds.

I have left 200 European, 200 New Year Streamer, 170 Victorious, 190 Union Jack, 350 Frosty Fir Tree, 100 This is your day, 190 Ocean soul. And that's just the once over 100. I use XP camo's on ships i grind, stock camo on premium ships and on ships i don't grind, just play for fun, i just buy the 22500 Type 5 camo's. It's a waste to use special camo's on ships you don't grind, like T10 ships for example.

[NWP]
Players
1,387 posts
11,283 battles
1 hour ago, Ubertron_X said:

With some minor compulsive disorder I tend to immediately "eliminate" small stacks of camo whenever I receive them,

Exactly the opposite LOL I keep one of each Camo. LOL

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[BOBS]
Beta Tester
257 posts
3,477 battles

I seem to be forever selling large stockpiles of camos for credits, but before the Russian Cruiser split when us Moskva premium camo owners felt aggrieved, I was buying the premium camos for any tier 10 ships I got. That wont ever happen again now so I wont be selling any in the future (unless they look fugly!)

[ADRIA]
Players
275 posts
10,017 battles
1 hour ago, Ydoum said:

Agree. I am constantly running out of camos. Currently the only "cost effective" way of obtaining them is doing specific grinds during specific times which is sometimes impossible if you have commitments IRL.

E.g., I certainly won't grind any T4-T7 ships for camos during the anniversary because I don't have time for that mindless coop grind (neither do I find it fun).

@MrConway @Crysantos could we expect some decent camos for credits in the armory any time soon?

[JRM]
Players
7,036 posts

They should let us have Mosaics, Lanterns and other elite camos for steel...

• Cool 2

[SINT]
Players
981 posts
21,778 battles

I am already thinking on which ship I will put my free upcoming permanent T9 anniversary camo on. ( not sure if we get one or even 2 in total). Enjoyed the permanent Christmas  T8 camo’s during PR event and also the free US & Fra cruisers space camo’s before that. Quite a lot of my ships have free perm camo’s now and with the option to make the fantasy camo look like regular is just perfect.. For sure 50 or 100% xp bonuses are small vs the multi 100%+ bonuses some one-time-use camo’s give but it really saves money..

Bad side affect..I stopped buying high tier perm camo’s. Have 4 Tier 9 paid perm camo’s and 0 T10’s  ( have the free HSF Yamato) which after Moskwa seems the way to go.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
7,036 posts
1 minute ago, Jvd2000 said:

I am already thinking on which ship I will put my free upcoming permanent T9 anniversary camo on.

Easy choice for me - Drake

[STEEL]
Players
660 posts
48 minutes ago, _Warfarin_ said:

Why not t5? 

T5 do exist in small numbers. I have one for Visby and one for Montebroccoli. The only permacamo below T5 I ever had was for Rhein :Smile_sad: