Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
GrazyC2

Why are the cruisers hiding ?

163 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
151 posts
1,138 battles

Couple of battles lost because egg heads sailing a cruiser broadside in front of an BB, or they hide, while there task is taking care of those DD'S !!!... Two DD's playing with me and torp me also the carrier spots me. I'm litterly doomed. And the cruiser yeah he was cowerding after a bunch of rocks while he could have prevented my death. The Carriers saw i was in trouble but didn't drop fighters overhead. Now the vlad can take a few hits but 2 DD's and planes from the carrier is a bit to much for it.If this is the kind of play WG had in mind instead of broaling. That cruisers hide instead of helping you and carriers can have a free big juicy target i will never get to T10. Only do 30 to 70 K damage won't get me far in the game. You need backup in a T10 game. Not a bunch that hides the whole freaking time...

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 9
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I-J-N]
Players
5,445 posts
2 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Not to mention BB players that love to hug the map border rather than support said cruisers and DD's..

 

BTW, I often wondered who is supposed to support who in battle? I've always thought heavy cruisers support the DD's, uhm.. light cruisers support the BB's... what's the role of the CV's, and do BB's support everyone or do they just do their bit by engaging the enemy BB's...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,097 posts
5,462 battles
5 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

 

BTW, I often wondered who is supposed to support who in battle? I've always thought heavy cruisers support the DD's, uhm.. light cruisers support the BB's... what's the role of the CV's, and do BB's support everyone or do they just do their bit by engaging the enemy BB's...

IMHO BB's are direct fire support/tanks, while the CV's are more indirect fire support. 

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I-J-N]
Players
5,445 posts
1 minute ago, lafeel said:

IMHO BB's are direct fire support/tanks, while the CV's are more indirect fire support. 

 

I wonder if the CV's agree.... :Smile_unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,097 posts
5,462 battles
4 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

 

I wonder if the CV's agree.... :Smile_unsure:

I frankly give as much *edited* about what the CV's think as they care about what the rest of us think..

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 9
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SLAPP]
Players
1,431 posts
9,025 battles

basicly everyone  needs to support everyone.

 

 But it mostly comes down to this  dds  move in to spot /try to cap  with cruisers using their concealment closely behind while the bbs slowly advance in.

and then it should be that the bbs tank the damage. 

 

 But thats ofc oversimplified. there are ships that are not ment to do their role that explicit. like for example trying to  cap in a kleber  is not recommended so its better to flank. Or a henry that cant really support their dds that well close range.

 

so it depends on the situation most of the time 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I-J-N]
Players
5,445 posts
1 minute ago, lameoll said:

basicly everyone  needs to support everyone.

 

 But it mostly comes down to this  dds  move in to spot /try to cap  with cruisers using their concealment closely behind while the bbs slowly advance in.

and then it should be that the bbs tank the damage. 

 

 But thats ofc oversimplified. there are ships that are not ment to do their role that explicit. like for example trying to  cap in a kleber  is not recommended so its better to flank. Or a henry that cant really support their dds that well close range.

 

so it depends on the situation most of the time 

 

The problem with this is it makes the BB's prime targets for the enemy HE spammers. Logically, I'd expect the ideal tactic to be based on successive elimination of whatever is the biggest threat to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LSCA]
Players
1,280 posts
10,909 battles
1 minute ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

 

The problem with this is it makes the BB's prime targets for the enemy HE spammers. Logically, I'd expect the ideal tactic to be based on successive elimination of whatever is the biggest threat to you.

 

if you think like that to you even win battles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SLAPP]
Players
1,431 posts
9,025 battles

yes you will be a prime target for HE spammers if u misposition. u can still tank and reverse behind an island with a good position just heal up again and try again.

 

or in cases of some fast battleships who burn fast sit [edited]in and just kite away when that happends.

But it just takes experience to learn. The sad part is ppl dont want to learn so they will instantly follow their team behind islands and never tank at all .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I-J-N]
Players
5,445 posts
Just now, lameoll said:

yes you will be a prime target for HE spammers if u misposition. u can still tank and reverse behind an island with a good position just heal up again and try again.

 

or in cases of some fast battleships who burn fast sit [edited]in and just kite away when that happends.

But it just takes experience to learn. The sad part is ppl dont want to learn so they will instantly follow their team behind islands and never tank at all .

 

IMHO all of this depends on team coordination. If you give the enemy multiple targets to shoot at, it is all the better if they cannot coordinate their  team to focus fire on any one target. Sadly, too often I see the kind of behaviour ships on my team are almost waiting for their turn to go in and suicide... no team effort whatsoever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LSCA]
Players
1,280 posts
10,909 battles
13 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

 

On occasion...

you need think more what is higest thread for you team not for your self. for dds its cruisers , for bbs is dds for cruisers its bbs. edited*

 

edit: language please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SLAPP]
Players
1,431 posts
9,025 battles

yes altho those things happen alot and in a lot of those cases you wont be able to help them.

 

But imagine  being in a position where u can punish ships while he does that. he is useless in that battle But indirectly he is drawing all the fire  and u can punnish ships in the meantime.

Teamplay is nonexcistent in randoms im afraid. all u can do is use them as tools.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I-J-N]
Players
5,445 posts
Just now, gabberworld said:

you need think more what is higest thread for you team not for your self. for dds its cruisers , for bbs is dds for cruisers its bbs. cv is canser

 

But then the problem is they are all the highest threat, and if they all are, then none of them are. How do you solve it? It seems most teams just shoot (myself included) at what they see first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LSCA]
Players
1,280 posts
10,909 battles
8 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

 

But then the problem is they are all the highest threat, and if they all are, then none of them are. How do you solve it? It seems most teams just shoot (myself included) at what they see first.

for solve the puzzle is kill the closest targets first, no need pother those who camp at A10

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
151 posts
1,138 battles
32 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

 

IMHO all of this depends on team coordination. If you give the enemy multiple targets to shoot at, it is all the better if they cannot coordinate their  team to focus fire on any one target. Sadly, too often I see the kind of behaviour ships on my team are almost waiting for their turn to go in and suicide... no team effort whatsoever.

Not working if you have an hungry Friesland or Cleveland on your tail !!

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
4,786 posts
12,246 battles
1 hour ago, GrazyC2 said:

Couple of battles lost because egg heads sailing a cruiser broadside in front of an BB, or they hide, while there task is taking care of those DD'S !!!... Two DD's playing with me and torp me also the carrier spots me. I'm litterly doomed. And the cruiser yeah he was cowerding after a bunch of rocks while he could have prevented my death. The Carriers saw i was in trouble but didn't drop fighters overhead. Now the vlad can take a few hits but 2 DD's and planes from the carrier is a bit to much for it.If this is the kind of play WG had in mind instead of broaling. That cruisers hide instead of helping you and carriers can have a free big juicy target i will never get to T10. Only do 30 to 70 K damage won't get me far in the game. You need backup in a T10 game. Not a bunch that hides the whole freaking time...

Cruisers hide because they don't like dying.

There are almost no cruisers capable of actively "hunting" DDs. There are Radar cruisers that can ambush them (usually they aren't even the ones shooting when that happens - they are hiding to both more effectively surprise the DD AND to avoid being deleted) and many others can serve as a deterrent or punish a DD that overextends and gets spotted in an uncomfortable position. But actually hunting? DDs are stealthier and, usually, faster. Also, more agile. It's clear who picks the time and place (unless they f*ck up).

  • Cool 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
4,709 posts
11,108 battles
1 hour ago, GrazyC2 said:

Couple of battles lost because egg heads sailing a cruiser broadside in front of an BB, or they hide, while there task is taking care of those DD'S !!!... Two DD's playing with me and torp me also the carrier spots me. I'm litterly doomed. And the cruiser yeah he was cowerding after a bunch of rocks while he could have prevented my death. The Carriers saw i was in trouble but didn't drop fighters overhead. Now the vlad can take a few hits but 2 DD's and planes from the carrier is a bit to much for it.If this is the kind of play WG had in mind instead of broaling. That cruisers hide instead of helping you and carriers can have a free big juicy target i will never get to T10. Only do 30 to 70 K damage won't get me far in the game. You need backup in a T10 game. Not a bunch that hides the whole freaking time...

 

Because YOUR job was to take care of the enemy BBs.. and you didn't?

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
151 posts
1,138 battles
51 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

 

BTW, I often wondered who is supposed to support who in battle? I've always thought heavy cruisers support the DD's, uhm.. light cruisers support the BB's... what's the role of the CV's, and do BB's support everyone or do they just do their bit by engaging the enemy BB's...

Dd's spot and engage if they can do this safely, Cruisers hunt DD's because they are fast and manuverable. CV's spot and lay figjters overhead of BB's that are in trouble by enemy carriers. And wreck enemy's that wonderd off alone. Or wreck DD's. BB's wreck cruisers or enemy BB's but the state off the game doesn't alow that. Because if you help and spot you won't be rewarded at all. So yeah WG realy should take a look witch way they like to go. Because if we all can hang back shooting each other then the game would be very boring in my opinion. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
4,709 posts
11,108 battles
8 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Cruisers hide because they don't like dying.

There are almost no cruisers capable of actively "hunting" DDs. There are Radar cruisers that can ambush them (usually they aren't even the ones shooting when that happens - they are hiding to both more effectively surprise the DD AND to avoid being deleted) and many others can serve as a deterrent or punish a DD that overextends and gets spotted in an uncomfortable position. But actually hunting? DDs are stealthier and, usually, faster. Also, more agile. It's clear who picks the time and place (unless they f*ck up).

 

And.. this.

 

Some cruisers are deft at ambushing caps (USN), some are deft at killing DDs that others spot (spagettis), some are good at killing them, and to screen larger areas for a short while (vodkas), some are crap at it period (baguettes), some are good in close DD hunts if they have cover to get to them (brattwursts)... but DDs still does most of the work finding, and killing, other DDs (aside from CVs when they're around). Nor are there really much current CA/CLs can do to save you badly positioned BB from that CV.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,280 posts
19,937 battles
2 minutes ago, GrazyC2 said:

So yeah WG realy should take a look witch way they like to go. Because if we all can hang back shooting each other then the game would be very boring in my opinion. 

You're in for a treat when you reach high tiers :Smile_veryhappy:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
151 posts
1,138 battles
3 minutes ago, AgarwaenME said:

 

Because YOUR job was to take care of the enemy BBs.. and you didn't?

I was fighting BB's but then the torp boats started to engage me and the carrier so I had nowhere to go...

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
4,709 posts
11,108 battles
3 minutes ago, GrazyC2 said:

Dd's spot and engage if they can do this safely, Cruisers hunt DD's because they are fast and manuverable. CV's spot and lay figjters overhead of BB's that are in trouble by enemy carriers. And wreck enemy's that wonderd off alone. Or wreck DD's. BB's wreck cruisers or enemy BB's but the state off the game doesn't alow that. Because if you help and spot you won't be rewarded at all. So yeah WG realy should take a look witch way they like to go. Because if we all can hang back shooting each other then the game would be very boring in my opinion. 

 

No, again, cruisers don't "hunt" DDs. They're slower, less agile, and with way worse concealment. And a cruiser sailing off to "hunt" a ship that will keep him spotted and out of position.. is a dead cruiser.

  • Cool 8
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×