You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Shell_terror2020

Why do BB's use the repair so quickly after 1 fire

53 comments in this topic

Players
4 posts
1,581 battles

Hello all i was just wondering something.

Just a while ago i decided to take out my new fresh won Mainz into battle and i landed up in a T10 battle with it.

After a short while i came across a Pommern and i opened fire at him and started a fire i noticed he used repair directly after 1 fire which is in my opinion the worse thing you can do since you can repair most of that damage so i set 3 more fires on him after that causing him to burn down and got killed.

This is not the only time i see this i see it alot that BB's use the repair a lot after 1 fire i mean using repair directly would make them vulnerable right?

In the old days they would let it burn and repair it afterwards but not anymore.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,133 posts
5,512 battles
4 minutes ago, Shell_terror2020 said:

Just a while ago i decided to take out my new fresh won Mainz into battle and i landed up in a T10 battle with it.

After a short while i came across a Pommern and i opened fire at him and started a fire i noticed he used repair directly after 1 fire which is in my opinion the worse thing you can do since you can repair most of that damage so i set 3 more fires on him after that causing him to burn down and got killed.

This is not the only time i see this i see it alot that BB's use the repair a lot after 1 fire i mean using repair directly would make them vulnerable right?

In the old days they would let it burn and repair it afterwards but not anymore.

To be entirely fair, now that all the consumables work the same as the old premium ones, the damage control party reloads a lot faster. 60 seconds instead of 120 as I recall..

• Cool 1

Players
4 posts
1,581 battles
Just now, lafeel said:

To be entirely fair, now that all the consumables work the same as the old premium ones, the damage control party reloads a lot faster. 60 seconds instead of 120 as I recall..

It sure didn't help that poor Pommern

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,133 posts
5,512 battles
5 minutes ago, Shell_terror2020 said:

It sure didn't help that poor Pommern

I bet. Well you will also see a lot of Pommern drivers that, quite frankly, have no business playing tier 9 yet.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

Players
4 posts
1,581 battles
1 minute ago, lafeel said:

I bet. Well you will also see a lot of Pommern drivers that, quite frankly, have no business playing tier 9 yet.

That i agree on i think you are ready for Pommern if you have sailed at least Bismarck, Tirpitz, FDG, or GKF even in my eyes the Pommern is a T9 Tirpitz

• Cool 1

Players
192 posts
4,034 battles
13 minutes ago, Shell_terror2020 said:

Potats gonna potat.

But hey, we should all be grateful for these players for handling us free damage on a silver platter

KEKW

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[4_0_4]
Players
7,800 posts
14,340 battles
17 minutes ago, Shell_terror2020 said:

Really? Those 1 fire "R" smashers always existed.

Lately the amount of "Fire OP" threads has decreased however.

Why they do it? They're bad. thats why.

[LEEUW]
Players
2,634 posts
10,284 battles
15 minutes ago, lafeel said:

True, but I don't think it makes a difference even if it was 240 seconds.... Most players are of such skill level that once they hear "we're on fire!" they can only think "Must. Press. Repair.". 

• Cool 2

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,133 posts
5,512 battles
4 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

True, but I don't think it makes a difference even if it was 240 seconds.... Most players are of such skill level that once they hear "we're on fire!" they can only think "Must. Press. Repair.". 

Think a lot of them need to watch that vid where our friend the :cap_hmm: did just that, with predictable results..

• Cool 1

Players
573 posts
26,455 battles

Using Damage Control on just one fire is just inexpierience.

And this has always been punished.

RTS Langley vs BB for example

Dive Bomber attack causing 1 Fire, BB repairs Fire, Torpedo Bombers cause Flooding, Liquidator

• Cool 2

[H_FAN]
Players
2,663 posts
44,092 battles

Well, to be fair you might lack in concentration at the critical moment, you are tired or distracted and press R on instinct. If some one asks in chat and you just respond with the wrong letters or similar and set off smoke....'

That is for being helpful...

But if we set aside those rare circumstances the R button use is quite established by most veterans. But the faster reload might change the use a little. After all you got 5 repairs also. But as i always had premium I have not had to readapt, but for those who played with the free consumables might have concluded that they think that they can be more generous.

Just let them be on the enemy team.

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
356 posts
5,204 battles

Because people are bad and fire is bad, okay?

Some people tend to press the "this is fine" button after a rumbling impact of shells or bombs, accompanied by the whole screen flashing in a fiery yellow, hazardous symbols showing up, an alarming bell going off and some guy literally yelling at them, that exactly all of this is happening right now. Really makes you think what it needs to force the average WoWs player to a specific (single) button press, even if it does not make any sense effiency/gameplay wise.

Players
4 posts
1,581 battles
15 minutes ago, DEADSNAKE2 said:

Potats gonna potat.

But hey, we should all be grateful for these players for handling us free damage on a silver platter

KEKW

Oh i'm not complaining i was quite pleased with the 50K from him haha

Players
1,101 posts
11,830 battles
50 minutes ago, Shell_terror2020 said:

20 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

It is more of a mix of a gambit, experience and inexperience. I do but out a single fire often. Fixed rule, that you should not - is essentially non-sense. Sometimes butting out a fire, means that you can go dark. Sometimes, considering the enemy, it is not that likely he/she can cause several fires anyway. Sometimes, however its is bad. But not always.

• Cool 2

[SHAD]
Players
2,973 posts
12,706 battles

Yes a battleship can repair the fire damage but it takes time to do so. 

It can sometimes make sense to repair one fire, I will often do it if the fire is on the bow and stern or if I am getting into cover.

If the superstructure is on fire I wear it with pride! All those destroyers will hopefully now be targeting your bow and stern that they cannot pen!

I don't use it when I'm receiving lots of HE spam of course.

It seems to work most of the time but of course you will get times when the next salvo gives you a double fire.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,020 posts
16,365 battles
46 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Most players are of such skill level that once they hear "we're on fire!" they can only think "Must. Press. Repair.". 

Doubt they can do that, WG did say they will put BOTs in the game to fill the MM, but i believe they heve been in the game for much longer, these are probably them, and when i also see 5 ships poking one same island i serously think they need to fix their AI.

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,515 posts
8,949 battles

Cuz they're special type of players. 

[SHAFT]
Players
11,116 posts
9,497 battles
2 hours ago, Shell_terror2020 said:

Oh yeah, the concept of permafires, nice when you still get those :cap_old:

image.png.e16c43ed8929f18985e2f3cd59f2a540.png

f.e. my last Donskoi game

Beta Tester
4,711 posts
11,192 battles

While you can use "don't press R on first fire" as a general rule, there's still plenty of reasons for why you might still do it.

Sometimes you just don't have the luxury of a hp buffer remaining.

Sometimes you know you'll be in cover or undetected soon (and that fire might even be what's keeping you detected).

Sometimes what's firing on you don't actually have too much of a chance to set you on fire again before you're ready to use it again.

Sometimes (especially in USN BBs) you have such long duration that you using it nearly as much to be immune to fire for the duration.

And especially nowadays with the FP skill, it's a lot harder to get to 3 (and usually impossible to get to 4 on a BB), which is where you're going to be a lot worse off for doing it compared to waiting for 2.

Point is, if you NEVER press it at one, then some *cough* people might just let you sit there with one fire while they actually focus most their efforts on someone else, and then you're just taking damage for no reason (or worse, doesn't help pull shots off your teammates).

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,365 posts
9,723 battles

The only time I'm not DCP one fire is when my DCP is on cool down >_<

Players
3,304 posts
19,066 battles
10 hours ago, Shell_terror2020 said:

Because player skill level is getting lower and lower everyday. There are a lot more absolute potatoes than actual good players.

• Cool 2

Players
164 posts
27,088 battles

The main reason is after flooding rework it's no more a sentence to death.

Basically while before was wise to repair no less than 2 fires to keep consumable ready as much as possible for potential flooding, now u can repair fires without much trade off.

Another reason is that with IFHE rework there's less fire chance around.

Last reason is that repair is related to actual positioning of BB. If i can disengage i tend to isant repair even 1 fire because if i let it run it's damage i'll suffer for sure, while 2nd-3rd fires might never happen.

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,766 battles

Well, playerbase is getting more and more stooopid.

And this game is pretty complicated. In 2020 people don't want to lern anymore. They just want to hit the battle button, get sunk and complain about their team when they have a 45% winrate and 30% survival rate. :cat_cool: