You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Weekly Combat Missions: Summer Sale Tokens

97 comments in this topic

[FIFO]
Beta Tester
108 posts
11,770 battles
37 minutes ago, francesco121212 said:

König albert? Really?

Yes ... and a Tier III DD and a now-obsolete Atlanta.

Wowee, WG! I bet Steam's executive board has been recalled from their private villas to deal with this threat. Camo and a couple of low tier ships.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2

[X-10]
Players
81 posts
4,970 battles

Containers or camos? Gambol or just get a camo... 🤔 can't decide......

• Funny 1

[VL-NL]
[VL-NL]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
100 posts
20,111 battles

Ty that the missions are also in coop available.

kr

[BASIC]
Players
628 posts
20,766 battles

Finally I can get Konig Albert to my collection, let's see the requirements tomorrow.

Edit. Not with tihs price tag, foolish me.

• Cool 1

[1701]
Players
90 posts
8,909 battles

I'm just here for the halloween stuff, but dear wargaming, please quit the lootboxes/conteiner things. I would prefer to know what im working for

• Cool 2

WG Staff
3,413 posts
14,739 battles
1 hour ago, Van_Bazel said:

kr

Happy to hear that!

1 hour ago, Wicket_Boomber said:

Can WG reset operations one a year or 6 months , would be nice to compete for something.

Not planned at the moment but I can check whether this is planned for the future.

3 hours ago, 416taylor said:

My guess. it takes a lot of ribbons to compleat the missions

Not really, the requirements should be pretty easy to meet.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,586 posts
1 hour ago, Van_Bazel said:

but if the fourth mission is about  grinding achievements (as it seems from the article) you can get only 6 of 15 with coop-only

[TAOR]
Players
23 posts
2,805 battles

This looks i could get my hands on Vampire i want for some time, and complete my commonwealth collection! And if that be possible also getting my hands on Konig Albert.

• Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
1,267 posts
16,397 battles

The article reads as if people only get the camos for the ships.

Do they get the ships, too?

This should be clarified.

In case the article is worded correctly and the ships are not included:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the König Albert and the Vamire are not available in the shop/armory and not announced to be sold any time soon, are they?.

So what use is a camo for ships that many players do not have and will not be able to get in the foreseeable future?

Also the camos are for premium ships, which already come with a camo. Are the new camos providing any bonus beyond the existing perma camos or is the incentive to get them merely of aesthetic nature?

Players
841 posts

So two of the ships in the competition are no longer available and poor Atlanta has been so power crept that to see one in game is a rarity, Am I missing something here, Are WG goinr to stick the ships in the shop as specials maybe?

Players
1,052 posts
15,102 battles

More tokens can be earned by taking part in the Summer Sales, I see. Let's wait until tomorrow to see how far f2p will take us.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[-TPF-]
Players
4,212 posts
17,562 battles

It reads to me like you'll be able to get the Konig Albert and the Vampire, which will be great if that's the case. I have them both and they're always good fun to take out for a spin. I can't see that the prize is Camos for those ships, as they both have very nice original camos - Vampire especially, as it's an authentic wartime one with her later pennant number.

Vampire.thumb.png.35f3a5d005584a02000dfee84ddb90a2.png

• Cool 1

[TMM]
Players
15 posts

If its anything like the Germans Cv's from missions it will be very disappointing. Surely there must more of an incentive to get people playing than the current ideas.

I still have 375 german tokens from carriers1 and the things you can trade them in for is absoloutly terrible. I love the game but lately  we seem to be spening lots of hours to complete the missions and very little rewards for our efforts.

• Cool 2

[SINT]
Players
975 posts
21,714 battles

Looking at the Asia version of WOWS.....You need 75 tokens for either Konig A or Vampire or 65 for Atlanta camo...You get 15 tokens for doing the missions... so do the math...

So if you are wallet closed what does these 15 tokens buy me?

1.  one use tropical camo is 1 token a piece...
  2. or you can gamble  with 12 tokens for one big Santa crate...

To get additional tokens you have to buy stuff... since token drops are low even with purchased items... you need to buy a lot...

Edit: looking at missions: forget the coop route, 1 achievements are impossible at mission 4 so you are stuck at 6 tokens... you can do the scenario route but its not the best scenario this week.. Yes do PvP but atleast dont promise you can do it in co op WG! 

So summed up:

WG: easy mission to get 15 tokens and get your Konig Albert or vampire...

Me: easy mission my [edited]and even then the massive reward is 1/5 of the required tokens to get a T3

• Cool 10

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,438 posts
18,103 battles

For me as a co-op player I can get 6 tokens.

And calling it a "Summer sale" when all you can buy are Atlanta and doubloons and premium-time is a bit of a joke.

So, no money from me this time.

• Cool 5

[SINT]
Players
975 posts
21,714 battles
7 minutes ago, Hanse77SWE said:

For me as a co-op player I can get 6 tokens.

And calling it a "Summer sale" when all you can buy are Atlanta and doubloons and premium-time is a bit of a joke.

So, no money from me this time.

Well you can conveniently buy the Atlanta (with 38 bonus tokens) or buy tokens directly (10 and 50 a day) but imo it makes it even more disgusting. Seems that bonus tokens with premium time and doubloons are Asia only and too good to be awarded to EU plebs...

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,586 posts
8 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

Seems that bonus tokens with premium time and doubloons are Asia only and too good to be awarded to EU plebs...

as far as I can see EU has everything that Asia has, and addtionally the Atlanta bundle...

Asia - EU:

Spoiler

summersale2020_asia.thumb.JPG.4ab3051d500c9904791e207f5315c079.JPG

summersale2020_eu.thumb.JPG.4bfe7369778cf72d57e7c9f0d8ee852a.JPG

[SINT]
Players
975 posts
21,714 battles
15 hours ago, Crysantos said:

Happy to hear that!

Not planned at the moment but I can check whether this is planned for the future.

Not really, the requirements should be pretty easy to meet.

Greetings, Crysantos

@Crysantos telling us that you can do the missions in coop but putting achievement requirements into the mix that cannot be completed in coop is not cool...:Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 6
  • Angry 1

[XTR3M]
Players
11 posts
4,325 battles

You should have added this sale around 1st of the month so you can net some good $$$ when most of the people have their  "payday" .... who needs good income anyway :P

• Cool 1

[LSCA]
Players
1,276 posts
10,805 battles
3 minutes ago, TurtleHouse said:

You should have added this sale around 1st of the month so you can net some good $$$ when most of the people have their  "payday" .... who needs good income anyway :P

good point about that ;) users who have allot money not think about that, wows failure