You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Padds01

time for TX MM to move to 1 range?

39 comments in this topic

[-LA-]
Players
687 posts
5,152 battles

has the bloat and creep in the top tier reached a point where its not fair to pit them against t8? i know its very different depending on ship and class , but playing CV's i really feel it both directions , grinding through t8 parseval every tx match was just not fun. your looking at the team sheet loading screen and you work out there are 5 out of 12 ships your weapons actually pen , and a tx cv loose amongst t8 , well im sure thats not something i have to tell anyone about ;)

maybe CV's should be +/- 1 and everything esle is still fine? 

• Cool 9
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[CAIN]
Players
4,651 posts
19,743 battles

Wait, you want +1/-1 MM for CVs, so you never see TX MM? In the most broken class there is?? 

Lol.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[MUMMY]
Players
567 posts
10,106 battles

A CV player finding it hard?  Try playing against something which there is no counterplay other than:

Just dodge

Spreadsheet says its fine

Git good'er - like the rest of us have to.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[BBMM]
Players
6,360 posts
8,531 battles

Maybe he means CV should get -1/+2? :Smile_trollface:

I'd not be bothered much anyway. Faildiv FTW, no guts no glory. 

At least them damn bombs hit something when farming those fat T10 BBs. 

Spoiler

667518809_191KImplacable.thumb.jpg.f24582bcaee87e5c8ff0a8e151003831.jpg1555765651_191KImplacable2.thumb.jpg.ffffc18d54a5afdbc7d74e81a0466cb0.jpg

• Bad 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,117 posts
14,608 battles

Having just emerged from a double CV game in my Yuki (one each T8 and T6), I'm afraid I have absolutely zero sympathy for CV MM woes right at this point...

Personally, right now, I feel that +4 MM would probably be about right for the d*mn things.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

Players
197 posts
2,769 battles
1 hour ago, Verblonde said:

Having just emerged from a double CV game in my Yuki (one each T8 and T6), I'm afraid I have absolutely zero sympathy for CV MM woes right at this point...

Personally, right now, I feel that +4 MM would probably be about right for the d*mn things.

Meeting a Halland in a tier 6 CV would be very tragic indeed :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 3

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,165 posts
9,361 battles

If you want to introduce +1/-1 MM all ship classes should get it, and if anything CV's still manage in +2 regardless because spotting is still a thing.

• Cool 5

[NOWH]
Players
668 posts
5,749 battles

cv should be moved to odd tiers with appropriate nurfs. and low tier ships given paper design/informed guess aa hulls so that all ships seeing planes, can damage planes.

cv squadron control and spotting should follow the same radio logic as world of tanks. whereby, beyond radio 2way range spotted targets will only be on the map, and beyond 1 way range the planes will get lost and fly in a random direction.

mm spread should be based on individual ship performance.

plenty of ships could go +3 or 4 t mm

plenty of ships can barely fight their own tier.

• Cool 1

[PLO]
Players
372 posts
7,130 battles
7 minutes ago, SkollUlfr said:

plenty of ships could go +3 or 4 t mm 

can u please share with us which ones?  :Smile_veryhappy::Smile_veryhappy::Smile_veryhappy:

[NOWH]
Players
668 posts
5,749 battles
2 minutes ago, Porezowy said:

share with us which ones

mostly dds.

though to be clear, im not saying plenty could go +3 easily. just that they could go +3 and still be a pain if underestimated.

kamikazi would be an example. bullying t5 bbs with a t3 st louis was fun.

• Cool 1

[PLO]
Players
372 posts
7,130 battles
12 minutes ago, SkollUlfr said:

im not saying plenty could go +3 easily. 

You literally did.

19 minutes ago, SkollUlfr said:

mostly dds.

:Smile_teethhappy:

maybe try to gain some experience after 1y break, play some 8/9/10 ships and then come back with your theories...

[SHAFT]
Players
11,026 posts
9,449 battles
8 hours ago, Padds01 said:

Yeah sure, why not, ill just permanently div with a CV 1tier lower than my own ship to guarantee myself being toptier.

Nice way to fix T7 MM :Smile_trollface:

39 minutes ago, SkollUlfr said:

kamikazi would be an example. bullying t5 bbs with a t3 st louis was fun. 

That some lowtier DDs could farm hightier ships is a thing of a time, when Radar didnt exist. GL getting into range of 7km with ships carrying 10-12km radar :Smile_amazed:

[NOWH]
Players
668 posts
5,749 battles

1 hour ago, Porezowy said:

maybe try to gain some experience after 1y break, play some 8/9/10 ships and then come back with your theories...

t10 balance and mm is the reason i will never buy a ship over t7

1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

GL getting into range of 7km with ships carrying 10-12km radar :Smile_amazed:

jesus christ.

[SLAPP]
Players
1,431 posts
9,025 battles
10 hours ago, Padds01 said:

i would have agreed with u had u said All t8's.

But this just looks to me like u want to statpad better.

• Funny 1

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
490 posts
7,749 battles
2 hours ago, SkollUlfr said:

mostly dds.

though to be clear, im not saying plenty could go +3 easily. just that they could go +3 and still be a pain if underestimated.

So you would say a Farragut or Gaede vs a Kitakaze would be ok?

• Cool 1

[GEUS]
[GEUS]
Players
334 posts
11,059 battles

has the bloat and creep in the top tier reached a point where its not fair to pit them against t8? i know its very different depending on ship and class , but playing CV's i really feel it both directions , grinding through t8 parseval every tx match was just not fun. your looking at the team sheet loading screen and you work out there are 5 out of 12 ships your weapons actually pen , and a tx cv loose amongst t8 , well im sure thats not something i have to tell anyone about ;)

Although playing a T8 CV versus T10 adds extra challenge, the same does apply to all other ship classes. As a CV, it means you need to focus more on spotting, and be careful with actually attacking targets. Only pick those targets that sale alone, or are important enough to risk a squadron.

On the positive side, it also means that once you unlock that T10 CV, it really feels like an upgrade. :P

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,508 posts
8,893 battles

Maybe you shouldn't play CVs.

• Funny 1

[BBMM]
Players
6,360 posts
8,531 battles
5 hours ago, ollonborre said:

If you want to introduce +1/-1 MM all ship classes should get it, and if anything CV's still manage in +2 regardless because spotting is still a thing.

The fault is that there are no uneven tiers CV, too. 

That way they are constructed, even a T6CV can whack stuff in T9.

Because they still perform well enough in T8. Not just the spotting.

When I get T6MM in a T8 CV I always go: "oh the poor sods". It's not even funny. 

I faildiv often enough with Ark Royal, ask the whacked Friesland or Fat Freddy. 

I bet those torps and bombs still felt like torps and bombs. 

However the change with rockets has effect on DDs, they're a lot harder to kill now. 

About time WG did something about that. Now fix spotting. 

I propose something like "stormfront"spotting, 8km and the rest gets minimap. 

[-LA-]
Players
687 posts
5,152 battles
11 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Wait, you want +1/-1 MM for CVs, so you never see TX MM? In the most broken class there is?? 

Lol.

no what i want is to never see tx at t8 really

[-LA-]
Players
687 posts
5,152 battles
11 hours ago, rage1750 said:

A CV player finding it hard?  Try playing against something which there is no counterplay other than:

Just dodge

Spreadsheet says its fine

Git good'er - like the rest of us have to.

i knew i should of used a different example 

[-LA-]
Players
687 posts
5,152 battles
1 hour ago, lameoll said:

i would have agreed with u had u said All t8's.

But this just looks to me like u want to statpad better.

i was asking for all tier 8 , very unfortunate choice of last thought as i was typing. the hatred for cv's really does blind people on these forums

• Cool 1

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
348 posts
5,082 battles

My favourite division combo is a T8 CV with double T9, Friesland friendos are nice, a DD and BB works also very well. You just need something to cover your anti-DD and damage dealing ability when things like a Halland or Mino roll up, as they will shred your planes. Most CVs struggle little when uptiered because spotting is still the same, heck even easier because the ships become bigger, but you need to use the think machine in picking targets, avoiding specific ships, shortening squads or picking attack paths, even more when you play solo. The only ones really struggling when uptiered is Parseval because his main focus on cruiser damage forces him to attack stronger AA ships or ships that generally dont separate and Implacable because she is actually balanced.

Parseval does quite okay against BBs with his bombs or surprise torpedoes, yet despite all the CV magic you will inevitably run out of planes or at least AA penetrating squads to make a full strike. The more you need to carry, the worse it gets. Best advice I can give is to make use of the consumables, speed and island cover when there is no chance to attack isolated targets. Or just dont play alone.

Players
612 posts
3,327 battles

CVs are the only class where you can ALWAYS do your job. Every +2 enemy vessels hurt players, but a CV can hunt down DDs and actually spot. It is not always about hammering F5 on Wows numbers to see those fancy purple numbers. Set up fighters, do long range torp runs, protect your DDs and keep the enemies spotted. Sometimes it is cleverer to conserve the planes and keeping the enemy spotted instead of flying into AA barricades and waste another squadron, thus prolonging the waiting time for the next squadrons. Do not run out of planes in the first minutes. Perform empty drops and once the enemy formations loosen up, it's your time to shine. CVs might be a mini game inside Wows, but there are really fine nuances separating a good CV player from a casual.

Actually CVs are your only ship class with a green PR rating and WR, so I kind of do not understand your complaints about your efficiency.

• Bad 1