Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
luokailk

What is the range of Slava,22.7 or 24.7KM?

12 comments in this topic

[ROUGH]
Players
268 posts
27,478 battles

Hi guys, What is the range of Slava,22.7 or 24.7KM? I’m confused by different sources. 

PS: How is the power compared to LM Yamato ?

Thanks

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,827 posts
12,853 battles

Slava is a monster. 24,7 km. It is supposed to be weak at close ranges but yeah...

That is like the Kremlin on steroids...

This whole game is now full of OP magical russian ships "that would have been the best if they were built".

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[IDDQD]
[IDDQD]
Korzár
649 posts
13,005 battles
Před 14 minutami luokailk řekl/a:

What is the range of Slava,22.7 or 24.7KM?

Range is 24,68 km.

https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PRSB510&modules=1111&upgrades=000000&commander=PCW001&consumables=11&pos=0

Yuzorah described this ship perfectly. 

https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-warships/final-review-soviet-tier-x-reward-ship-slava/

• Cool 1

[ROUGH]
Players
268 posts
27,478 battles
1 hour ago, Flaky26 said:

Thanks mate, but in the armory-Slava description, it says clearly 22.7 KM, a typo?

[IDDQD]
[IDDQD]
Korzár
649 posts
13,005 battles
Právě teď luokailk řekl/a:

it says clearly 22.7 KM

I have Slava in port and range is clearly 24km. I am sure. I remember I even hit citadel on 24 km. :Smile_teethhappy:

I cant visit armory now to check. But I think there is mistake. 

:Smile_honoring:

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,827 posts
12,853 battles
1 minute ago, Flaky26 said:

I have Slava in port and range is clearly 24km. I am sure. I remember I even hit citadel on 24 km. :Smile_teethhappy:

I cant visit armory now to check. But I think there is mistake. 

:Smile_honoring:

It is a known bug in the armory

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,797 posts
17,349 battles
1 hour ago, Humorpalanta said:

Slava is a monster. 24,7 km. It is supposed to be weak at close ranges but yeah...

That is like the Kremlin on steroids...

Having more range than Kremlin makes it "Kremlin on steroids"?

You do realize that it does not have the incredible tankiness (regarding armor and DCP) and the insane close range accuracy of Kremlin?

I really like Slava and I think it can tank much more damage than people realize (at mid to long range), but it will never be able to roll over a flank like the Kremlin can. 

Lategame Slava can also brawl, no question about it, but it has to pick its fights very carefully.

• Cool 1

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,827 posts
12,853 battles
9 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Having more range than Kremlin makes it "Kremlin on steroids"?

You do realize that it does not have the incredible tankiness (regarding armor and DCP) and the insane close range accuracy of Kremlin?

I really like Slava and I think it can tank much more damage than people realize (at mid to long range), but it will never be able to roll over a flank like the Kremlin can. 

Lategame Slava can also brawl, no question about it, but it has to pick its fights very carefully.

It has absurd range, absurd shell travel time, air drag, penetration, dispersion. What should I call it? Sure, it is less industractable than Kremlin but wouldn't call it weak armor.

I feel it is stronger than Kremlin. Sure, different playstyle but still feel it is stronger.

I am human I can be wrong, it is just my feeling.

A Slava-Petro combo just obliterated a whole side yesterday.

Beta Tester
3,797 posts
17,349 battles
8 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

It has absurd range, absurd shell travel time, air drag, penetration, dispersion. What should I call it? Sure, it is less industractable than Kremlin but wouldn't call it weak armor.

It has by far the weakest armor of all TX BBs, as the nose is 25mm and the deck is 32mm.

I do agree that it can be really resistant to AP when properly angled at mid-range (kind of like the old Moskva), as people just can't reliably hit that nose of yours. But the armor fades when getting too close with that nose, and it cannot deal with any kind of HE spam.

It is strong and it has ridiculous railguns yeah, but it will never be best suited to push a flank.

A Slava-Petro combo just obliterated a whole side yesterday.

I guess you have seen other BBs do the same to potato team mates though? 

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,827 posts
12,853 battles
7 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

It has by far the weakest armor of all TX BBs, as the nose is 25mm and the deck is 32mm.

I do agree that it can be really resistant to AP when properly angled at mid-range (kind of like the old Moskva), as people just can't reliably hit that nose of yours. But the armor fades when getting too close with that nose, and it cannot deal with any kind of HE spam.

It is strong and it has ridiculous railguns yeah, but it will never be best suited to push a flank.

I guess you have seen other BBs do the same to potato team mates though? 

I am not saying you are wrong and I absolutely understand your point and if this was based on math you would definitely change my mind.

But it is a feeling and it takes time to change thanks to the fact that anytime I met a Slava on the enemy team we lost and whenever I had it on my team we won. Even if it seemed as a lost cause. ( I am also aware that this has lost a lot of its original potential in the balancing of the last 6 months.) 

[ROUGH]
Players
268 posts
27,478 battles

Thank you guys! 

PS: everytime I meet à Slava in the red team with my Yamato, we won:) So I am wondering which one is better in terms of the all-around combination (tankiness plus snipering )

Beta Tester
3,797 posts
17,349 battles
Just now, luokailk said:

Thank you guys! 

PS: everytime I meet à Slava in the red team with my Yamato, we won:) So I am wondering which one is better in terms of the all-around combination (tankiness plus snipering )

It's really just about the player.

Sign in to follow this