You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Are your WoWs "Replay" files ".wowsreplay" working properly recently (after latest patch)?

12 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,576 posts
21,406 battles

Hi all,

Are your WoWs "Replay" files ".wowsreplay" working properly recently (after latest patch)?

Whenever I start WoWs "Replay" files ".wowsreplay" in past few days I can't control anything during the replay and all I see is the mouse arrow cursor... no keyboard commands work at all... :Smile_hiding:

Can anyone, please, confirm this?

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

This happening with or without MODs present... really strange...

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,576 posts
21,406 battles

Hi all,

I reloaded my MODs back, and, lo-and-behold, the replays are working again... strange...

The issue is that if I use the snapshot feature (F5 = Save / F8 = Load) after few times I get back to just mouse cursor ans 100% unresponsive keyboard commands... really a mystery... darn... :Smile_amazed:

Leo "Apollo11"

Players
366 posts
9,943 battles

Not at all, I can get to the loading page with team lists and then nothing other than noise, no images of battle at all, and that's on a vanilla installation.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,576 posts
21,406 battles

Hi all,

57 minutes ago, Logan_MountStuart said:

Not at all, I can get to the loading page with team lists and then nothing other than noise, no images of battle at all, and that's on a vanilla installation.

I get that as well... sometimes... darn... :Smile_sad:

BTW, 5+ years on and we still have "semi-official-replay-system"... :Smile_izmena:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,470 posts
23,343 battles

I had this issue on Saturday when I was checking a couple of replays. The first few were fine then I lost all controls (mouse look, fast forward, pause, ESC menu) for the remaining ones for whatever reason. I had to Alt-F4 the game to close them. Now it's fine again.

Players
1,221 posts
8,141 battles

I know Lord Zath and InGeneral (twitch streamers on NA) have this problem as well. Seems to be a bit random; no control over replay one moment, full control over the replay another. Though IIRC they have to play another file, files where they do not have control at one moment, they will not have control on retries.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,576 posts
21,406 battles

Hi all,

18 minutes ago, Dutchy_2019 said:

I know Lord Zath and InGeneral (twitch streamers on NA) have this problem as well. Seems to be a bit random; no control over replay one moment, full control over the replay another. Though IIRC they have to play another file, files where they do not have control at one moment, they will not have control on retries.

I am glad that I am not the only one then... this is widespread... :Smile_hiding:

@MrConway

Leo "Apollo11"

Players
6 posts
225 battles

I have a freshly installed game client without any mod. No keyboard control and mouse cursor always visible, as OP describled.

[GWA]
Players
155 posts
14,547 battles

one thing that has changed with the patch before the last one: WGC has to be running in the background to make replays work.

If WGC is not running in the background already, double-klicking on a replay file will just open up the WGC onto your desktop and the replay file needs to be double-klicked again to actually load.

additionally, running the replay tool once again might help with re-assingning the .wowsreplay files and the directories to make it work. at least, it might be worth a try :)

i have to admit though, that i did/do all of this with some replays but the same problems as stated above are still occuring from time to time with some of the replays (e.g. not every replay works & hanging in loading-/team-screen while i hear the replay is running but without chance of interaction). couldnt figure it out yet, why some replays work and some others dont.