Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Allied_Winter

Dockyard 3.0: Animation for USS Anchorage

21 comments in this topic

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles

Yeah, we all have our quarrel with one or more WG decisions, but dang the dockyard is - once again - pure eye candy. Check out the build process, taken from the PTS (not by me):

So yeah ... WG Artdepartment, thank you! @MrConway forward that please.

Personally I'm looking forward to the event. How about you?

• Cool 14

[-LA-]
Players
700 posts
5,354 battles

what i would love to know is just how many people bought PR and never play her, how many bought odin and never play her, how many will anchorage and every other ship that comes out of what is clearly a hugely profitable gold mine , bit of sunk cost bit of manufactured scarcity and people get confused between cheap and good value , its only the price of a coffee or two! 

i dunno i can just see the tactics the method in it. makes me feel dirty , and not in the good way

• Cool 4

[PUPSI]
Players
805 posts
2,665 battles

Hmmm now there's a dockyard where I might actually be interested in the final reward. Depends how much real money it'll require though, obvs.

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,917 posts
10,103 battles
16 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Not really no. It's just another of those passive grind events for a ship I have no intention of buying anyway. I'm probably just gonna forget about it and collect the rewards I get from passively playing.

• Cool 3

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,469 battles
2 minutes ago, TeaAndTorps said:

Hmmm now there's a dockyard where I might actually be interested in the final reward. Depends how much real money it'll require though, obvs.

Yes this is the first dockyard ship which is not straight up bad/boring.

1 stage should be 1750 doubloons and you can grind 18/20.

I would say 3500 gold definitely worth the Anchorige.

• Cool 2

Players
95 posts
614 battles
49 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

When this event launches?

Really curious about possible day or week as in some time next week or next month.

Just please tell the devs this one thing - comunity BEGS them not to nerf everything to the ground 3 days before launch. :fish_nerv:

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
38 minutes ago, TeaAndTorps said:

Depends how much real money it'll require though, obvs.

I'd say it's safe to expect her to be as much as the Odin (e.g. 3500 dubloons for stages 19 and 20 = 1750 each stage). Marketing it as a 90% discount over the buy on launch day (through buying all 20 stages). Of course that doesn't make it a 90% discount on a T8 ship, but the 3500 dubloons sound ok for a T8 ship. Of course, WG can always be generous and lower the prices.

6 minutes ago, imendars said:

Latest info is: With the next patch (0.9.8) and runs over two patches (whole duration of 0.9.8 AND 0.9.9).

Players
95 posts
614 battles
27 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Latest info is: With the next patch (0.9.8) and runs over two patches (whole duration of 0.9.8 AND 0.9.9).

Any idea when 0.9.8 launches?

Players
554 posts
4,508 battles

I won't be taking part in this, but I agree wholeheartedly with the OP; WG's model, texture and scenery department is peerless.

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,846 posts
11,900 battles
5 minutes ago, imendars said:

Any idea when 0.9.8 launches?

Probably 3rd September.

[PUPSI]
Players
805 posts
2,665 battles
2 hours ago, Allied_Winter said:

I'd say it's safe to expect her to be as much as the Odin (e.g. 3500 dubloons for stages 19 and 20 = 1750 each stage). Marketing it as a 90% discount over the buy on launch day (through buying all 20 stages). Of course that doesn't make it a 90% discount on a T8 ship, but the 3500 dubloons sound ok for a T8 ship. Of course, WG can always be generous and lower the prices.

Yeah, quite so. To put it another way, it'll also depend on how many stages I actually manage to complete by playing too!

Will be interesting to see if there's a mid-point reward ship, as with the Graf Spee.

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,469 battles
5 minutes ago, TeaAndTorps said:

Yeah, quite so. To put it another way, it'll also depend on how many stages I actually manage to complete by playing too!

Will be interesting to see if there's a mid-point reward ship, as with the Graf Spee.

I think thats the 100k free xp now, no second ship. 

[JRM]
Players
7,475 posts
27,526 battles

I guess I will pick her up at lowest possible cost, I am a whale after all...

Players
272 posts

Looking at a shipbuilding process in the Dockyard is very relaxing. Though I won't be grinding keeping Anchorage in mind, the 100K FXP reward is definitely worth it. 

Also, has anyone heard any rumors about FDR? 

[SINT]
Players
1,046 posts
22,542 battles

I think this is much more comparable with the Odin event then PR. Only difference is that build points over 20 not give you steel but research points.. not interested in those ( although for players not yet enabled access ( not yet 5 lines researched) to Research it might be a tactic to do so. If only to get access to those 1200 points a month.

And instead of getting Graf Spee ( which for most people resulted in 7m credits) you get 100 k FXP as the main intermediate prize.

As the final prize, a T8 BB is most of the time more valuable then a T 8 cruiser...But I still suspect it will cost 3500d to complete her. Which is still 1/3 of regular prize.

Any reviews about the ship out yet?

[SM0KE]
Players
6,576 posts
15,046 battles

As always, I'll play semi-normally, and see where I get to; if I reach a point where I can get the thing for 3.5K doubloons, I probably will - if only because I really like the 'Haida' cammo option (wonder if there'll be a version without the bunting?)...

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,376 posts
3,999 battles
4 hours ago, Allied_Winter said:

Yeah, we all have our quarrel with one or more WG decisions, but dang the dockyard is - once again - pure eye candy. Check out the build process, taken from the PTS (not by me):

I will do and I am also looking forward to it!

3 hours ago, imendars said:

Really curious about possible day or week as in some time next week or next month.

Just please tell the devs this one thing - comunity BEGS them not to nerf everything to the ground 3 days before launch. :fish_nerv:

Next uppdate :)

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,515 posts
5 hours ago, Allied_Winter said:

Oh yeah, WG does a lot of wrongs, but their ship visuals and animation department has always been top notch! :fish_cute_2:

As for the event, my wallet is still tightly shut due to Pay to Rico so I couldn't care less. I'll happily take all the free rewards I can get by playing casually (which, I have to admit, is not a lot lately), but I won't go out of may way to complete any mission whatsoever. 

So thanks for posting the vid. I get to see the complete building process at least :Smile_Default:

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
15 hours ago, Bellegar said:

So thanks for posting the vid. I get to see the complete building process at least

Glad I could help! And even when you don't spend coin ... you can watch at least part of it on your own :cap_like:

• Cool 1