YabbaCoe

PT 0.9.8 - World of Warships Anniversary

9 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
5,658 posts
4,464 battles

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_designers_table_EN_1_1920x1080.jpg

With the release of Update 0.9.8, World of Warships passes the threshold of its fifth year!

This time, the festive frenzy is inspired by naval history. The game will feature plenty of new and engaging content to mark the occasion, including a revamped Designer's Table Port, a permanent campaign titled "Five Epochs of the Navy" plus a collection of the same name, a new Dockyard, and fresh first-win bonuses. You can also try out a new battle type—Asymmetric Battle!

The collection and new permanent campaign are both dedicated to the history of shipbuilding.

The Five Epochs of the Navy permanent campaign features 50 tasks spread across 5 missions.

Reward for completing the campaign: an Epoch permanent camouflage, which can be applied to the majority of Tier IX ships.

The Five Epochs of the Navy collection is made up of five sections, with six elements in each. Each section is dedicated to a specific era in the history of shipbuilding. Elements of the collection can only be obtained from the same-name containers. The exchange rate of duplicates for missing elements is 1:1.

WG_SPB_WoWS_Collection_098_1920x1080.jpg

Five Epochs of the Navy containers will be available during the campaign of the same name. Each container will drop an element from the Five Epochs of the Navy collection, as well as other rewards.

WG_SPB_WoWS_screenshots_container_1920x1080.jpg

Reward for completing the collection: an Epoch permanent camouflage, which can be applied to the majority of Tier IX ships.

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_epochal_EN_1920x1080.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
4,291 posts
5,630 battles

I dont know what to say...

Didn't we have 4-5 perma camos for lower tiers for completing Collections in the past years? Now we get 2 in total.

Considering how much time consuming this will be when Campaign starts many will feel it like a time waste.

And if someone ''link'' camo on a wrong ship - sorry mate.

wg1.jpg

[LUSOS]
Players
358 posts
21,519 battles
13 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

I dont know what to say...

Didn't we have 4-5 perma camos for lower tiers for completing Collections in the past years? Now we get 2 in total.

Considering how much time consuming this will be when Campaign starts many will feel it like a time waste.

And if someone ''link'' camo on a wrong ship - sorry mate.

wg1.jpg

I mostly only use premium ships on tier 9, so those dont need cammos, So yes, this will be a "to do in the long run" campaign...

Players
4,291 posts
5,630 battles
13 hours ago, powerverde said:

I mostly only use premium ships on tier 9, so those dont need cammos, So yes, this will be a "to do in the long run" campaign...

Its not problem for what ships is but the amount of rewards for the time you need to play it.

Last few Collections with perma camos like T6, T8 and some others were all 4x4 which was 16 items for 4 perma camos. Now, you get only 2 camos for 36 items, and IF you complete Campaign. Does that sound fair?

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,915 posts
10,103 battles
3 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Its not problem for what ships is but the amount of rewards for the time you need to play it.

Last few Collections with perma camos like T6, T8 and some others were all 4x4 which was 16 items for 4 perma camos. Now, you get only 2 camos for 36 items. Does that sound fair?

Yes. Because tier 9 perma camos are more useful than tier 6 ones. This year's camo reward is definitely better. Also, what's there to be fair?

Players
4,291 posts
5,630 battles
18 minutes ago, domen3 said:

Yes. Because tier 9 perma camos are more useful than tier 6 ones. This year's camo reward is definitely better. Also, what's there to be fair?

Only because T9 gives +50% EXP, nothing else.

This new camo is ok in aspect of cosmetic, but not worth the grind. When this update goes live many players will see that.

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,915 posts
10,103 battles
6 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

This new camo is ok in aspect of cosmetic, but not worth the grind. When this update goes live many players will see that.

Um...no

image.png.7a4bc2c430cc5f69206dc4db9af53c67.png

These are tier 9 perma camo bonuses. They give 10% better repair costs and 50% higher xp than lower tier camos, for a tier that needs it the most.

Players
4,291 posts
5,630 battles
4 minutes ago, domen3 said:

Um...no

image.png.7a4bc2c430cc5f69206dc4db9af53c67.png

These are tier 9 perma camo bonuses. They give 10% better repair costs and 50% higher xp for a tier that needs it the most.

I know what T9 perma camos are bonuses I have lot of them already. And those 20% repair cost is meh..

For this amount of grind to get this camo was the same for K119 Yamato perma camo from HSF Collection, but that was -50% repair so it was ok for TX ship.

But as I said, they should add more than just 2 of camos for T9.

[LUSOS]
Players
358 posts
21,519 battles
On 8/15/2020 at 7:52 AM, Hades_warrior said:

I agree its not worth the grind, that's why i said its a campaign i'll do in the long run, as i wont bother with it. Its like those missions in campaings that u didnt finish after you got the campgain done: i just fill in the blanks and one day - boom - another one is done.

• Cool 1