Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
luokailk

What would be the next FXP Tier X ship?

24 comments in this topic

[CATS]
Players
29,656 posts
15,312 battles

None

Free XP ships should stop at Tier IX and WG has a curious opinion about a fair price for Tier X.

• Cool 4

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,959 posts
22,033 battles

Most likely Khabarovsk. With the R-10 in testing it points that way.

What will happen is, the R-10 will become the T10 silver and Khaba will be moved to a fXP slot to be forgotten by the balancing department.

The R-10 is already in every way better than Khaba, while also being a lazy and uncreative turret swapped Tashkent.

To reward players who bought the perma camo on the Khaba, WG will show them the middle finger and do the same thing as with Moskva. All the while claiming that "they aren't losing anything".

• Cool 6

[KITEN]
Players
173 posts
19,327 battles
18 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Most likely Khabarovsk. With the R-10 in testing it points that way.

What will happen is, the R-10 will become the T10 silver and Khaba will be moved to a fXP slot to be forgotten by the balancing department.

The R-10 is already in every way better than Khaba, while also being a lazy and uncreative turret swapped Tashkent.

To reward players who bought the perma camo on the Khaba, WG will show them the middle finger and do the same thing as with Moskva. All the while claiming that "they aren't losing anything".

Really?  Any source? Or DD R10 will become a coal /FXP ship? What about the new testing CV Rosevelt?

[KITEN]
Players
173 posts
19,327 battles
Just now, ImperialAdmiral said:

FDR might be for steel.

An already proved worse-than-Midway ship for steel? We can just easily forget about it.

[COMFY]
Players
1,476 posts
8,640 battles
Just now, luokailk said:

An already proved worse-than-Midway ship for steel? We can just easily forget about it.

Proved by who?

And you expect ships for steel to be OP or sth?

[MIAO]
Players
1,797 posts
8,537 battles
Proprio ora, ImperialAdmiral ha scritto:

Proved by who?

And you expect ships for steel to be OP or sth?

slow planes and high regen time i think

[COMFY]
Players
1,476 posts
8,640 battles
5 minutes ago, arquata2019 said:

Doesn't indicate it is wose than (....)

Just different, so I would like and see actual gameplay. Pommern on paper also looked meh and it is really fun and strong ship.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
1,950 posts
5,144 battles
49 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Most likely Khabarovsk.

Do the same thing as with Moskva.

Making khaba a T10 premium meme isn't a bad idea, it is a T10 meme. I do hope people with khaba + premium camo don't get the Moskva treatment though, they already had a junk ship for 2 years at this point, no salt needed in this particular wound.

When Moskva became a premium, people who had moskva + perma camo should have gotten a special moskva with improved bonuses. That would have been fair to everyone. Everyone would have been happy, people with a moskva got a premium moskva, people with a perma camo moskva got a unique moskva.

• Cool 2

[LEEUW]
Players
33 posts
23 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

When Moskva became a premium, people who had moskva + perma camo should have gotten a special moskva with improved bonuses. That would have been fair to everyone. Everyone would have been happy, people with a moskva got a premium moskva, people with a perma camo moskva got a unique moskva.

People who bought the camo for moskva still enjoy the benefits of it, do they not? The only difference is that people who didnt have the camo get the bonusses as well.

I bought GTA5 when it came out for 60euros. I enjoyed it and it was worth its money. Now couple of years later others could get it for free. That doesnt mean I get GTA5+ or that i get my money back....

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[V888]
Players
170 posts
21,987 battles

19 minutes ago, PaxtonQuigly said:

People who bought the camo for moskva still enjoy the benefits of it, do they not? The only difference is that people who didnt have the camo get the bonusses as well.

I bought GTA5 when it came out for 60euros. I enjoyed it and it was worth its money. Now couple of years later others could get it for free. That doesnt mean I get GTA5+ or that i get my money back....

People who bought the Moskva camo used 5000 doubloons, anyone who did NOT support WG by purchasing the camo got it for free.

When you add up other major changes to ships like Alsace, Khaba and Henri IV  we are talking about 19K doubloons worth of perma camo's that are no longer of much use due to changes in the game or was later given out for free.

As a long time supporter of the game I feel screwed and even though I been able to use the camos for some time I have not bought anything with real money for 8 months due to this treatment.

I'm not demanding a full compensation but some kind of tiny acknowledgement would have been nice, instead they are rewarding players who did not even buy the camo in the first place.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
7,475 posts
1 minute ago, Reckie said:

People who bought the Moskva camo used 5000 doubloons, anyone who did NOT support WG by purchasing the camo got it for free.

When you add up other major changes to ships like Alsace, Khaba and Henri IV  we are talking about 19K doubloons worth of perma camo's that are no longer of much use due to changes in the game.

Thats why I no longer buy the permacamos, at least not directly...

• Cool 1

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,469 battles
1 hour ago, arquata2019 said:

my clan mate uses it and its far from useless

It has 20-25k alpha regardless of plane type, and can tank 3 ships of overlapped AA without losing planes

[V888]
Players
170 posts
21,987 battles
27 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Thats why I no longer buy the permacamos, at least not directly...

Yes, same here.

I understand his example of GTA5, its all good but I somehow still feel that WG should have credited previous buyers with its value in doubloons or do like they used to do, with another camo for the new ship.

If that is too much to ask then what about some kind of tiny token of appreciation, anything at all instead of nothing at all.

The current policy tells me as a long time buyer that it's better to wait with a camo purchase and keep using the loads of free camos you already got as chances are:

1. The ship might be nerfed to the point you no longer enjoy it.

2. There might be a discount on the camo.

3. There might be other changes so that the camo is given away for free.

Players
2,668 posts
32,740 battles
21 minutes ago, Reckie said:

When you add up other major changes to ships like Alsace, Khaba and Henri IV  we are talking about 19K doubloons worth of perma camo's that are no longer of much use due to changes in the game or was later given out for free.

As a long time supporter of the game I feel screwed and even though I been able to use the camos for some time I have not bought anything with real money for 8 months due to this treatment.

I'm not demanding a full compensation but some kind of tiny acknowledgement would have been nice, instead they are rewarding players who did not even buy the camo in the first place.

Well you are talking about one camo. There are many of us who paid real money on ships that are available to everyone for coal in the armory, meaning they are free, now. 

Again many of us spent hard earned steel on Black&Flint and they will be available for coal, too, meaning free. When you add these up, one camo looks so insignificant. 

On the other hand, i am saying what WG has done in the case of camo is right but when you look at other examples mentioned above, you will see that such a move by WG is not surprising and there are worse moves. 

[V888]
Players
170 posts
21,987 battles
9 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

Well you are talking about one camo. There are many of us who paid real money on ships that are available to everyone for coal in the armory, meaning they are free, now. 

Again many of us spent hard earned steel on Black&Flint and they will be available for coal, too, meaning free. When you add these up, one camo looks so insignificant. 

On the other hand, i am saying what WG has done in the case of camo is right but when you look at other examples mentioned above, you will see that such a move by WG is not surprising and there are worse moves. 

I also did five r1 seasons to get Flint & Black and as you say, when you add things up its quite a lot. On the other hand WG credited us with some amount of steel so they actually did something as an acknowledgement. With the Moskva and other changes, nothing at all. As I wrote earlier, I don't demand total justice, I understand there will be changes but some kind of compensation would have been nice, no matter how small.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
22 minutes ago, kfa said:

my clan mate uses it and its far from useless

It has 20-25k alpha regardless of plane type, and can tank 3 ships of overlapped AA without losing planes

It also has 25s of downtime before it can initiate strikes again, flies just 13 knots faster than a Swordfish and restores planes at a snail's pace. A Midway basically can drop 3/4 of the bomb or torp load on planes that cycle faster and that don't need to fly circles just to sit out the 25s. Also, doesn't matter if it loses more planes, because it actually regenerates planes...

It's not useless, but like most other crappier CVs, there just is no point to playing it over a better CV.

Players
2,668 posts
32,740 battles
3 minutes ago, Reckie said:

I also did five r1 seasons to get Flint & Black and as you say, when you add things up its quite a lot. On the other hand WG credited us with some amount of steel so they actually did something as an acknowledgement. With the Moskva and other changes, nothing at all. As I wrote earlier, I don't demand total justice, I understand there will be changes, heck I would have been happy with a flag, just something.

Did we get steel credit back for Black and Flint? I don't recall that. When? How much steel?

[V888]
Players
170 posts
21,987 battles
Just now, Execute0rder66 said:

Did we get steel credit back for Black and Flint? I don't recall that. When? How much steel?

Not for the ships but when they changed the system of ranked and introduced steel as a currency they credited every player with some steel depending on how many times they had ranked out. I don't remember it fully but, but I guess removing it from the Armory and to later be sold for coal, that was without any credit.

Players
2,668 posts
32,740 battles
2 minutes ago, Reckie said:

Not for the ships but when they changed the system of ranked and introduced steel as a currency they credited every player with some steel depending on how many times they had ranked out.

But that's not for the ships. It is for everyone who ranked out. Later, when Black and Flint were available for steel, many people spent their steel on these ships and have not been compensated with anything so far.

[LEEUW]
Players
33 posts
48 minutes ago, Reckie said:

purchasing perma camos always has been and always will be a risky investment due to all silver ships being nerf-able.

42 minutes ago, Reckie said:

I somehow still feel that WG should have credited previous buyers with its value in doubloons or do like they used to do, with another camo for the new ship.

You know wargaming will never do that because you already profited from the benefits.

And I can imagine why they do not give you the perma camo for petro: Some players will say "but i dont like petro, now my perma camo is useless..." 

44 minutes ago, Reckie said:

The current policy tells me as a long time buyer that it's better to wait with a camo purchase and keep using the loads of free camos you already got as chances are:

1. The ship might be nerfed to the point you no longer enjoy it.

2. There might be a discount on the camo.

3. There might be other changes so that the camo is given away for free.

Indeed, and that always has been the case. Unless youre willing to take the risk.