You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Horattio_Nelson

Messed up matchmaking

18 comments in this topic

Players
8 posts

Good evening fellow Captains

I hope you're all doing fantastic but let's get to the point, shall we?

First thing first, is this the right section? I mean, to post a thought about the matchmaking hoping that one day it will be different... as the title says, the matchmaking for the Tier 7 ships is totally messed up. I find it very very difficult to play with the English cruiser T7 the Fiji. I recon it has to be played like the Leander in which i did an average of 60k damage per game which was alright for me.... but now... it's just impossible. The Fiji has a firing range too short to compete against T9 ships, they keep spotting me in the smoke with the radar and if i try to stay behind some island then i'm just too far from the battle... it's just very very frustrating and non that fun... and since this is a game, it should be at least fun to play with.

That beeing said, i would like to see a better matchmaking system, where T7 ships are more often put against T8 and T6 ones... but not T9, that's just unplayable for me. Maybe it's just me I don't know but with the Leander i usually ended the match in the top 3 ranks so, i guess it might be a matchmaking problem too?

Truth to be told i've tried a T7 Japanese premium BB and it was OP even for T8 BBs, so yeah not every T7 might suffer, but the Fiji is really impossible for me.

Apart from that, it would be nice to see a game with no more than 3 DDs per team, I recon the best setting would be 2, cause in a game with 4 DDs per team, if one team loses just 2 DDs, the entire match is heavily compromised and even if ahead of points, a comeback is higly difficult. The fact that they keep spotting you pretty much from every direction, makes it impossible to understand where to go to avoid torps and even worst, the enemy will know your location pretty much always... the match becomes frustrating and boring, thus the entire game....

Hope someone will help me with this or give me a few advices cause it's entirly possible that i'm the one mistaking and playing wrong.

I hope you'll all have a great day.

Regards.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 4

Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles

People had the same complaint about T8 MM... Then WG tried to fix that.

Now we have shitty T6MM

Supershitty T7 MM

Slightly less shitty T8MM (which people still complain about btw)

So they achieved nothing, only made T6-7 much worse.

Oh yeah, T9 is the best tier now.

• Cool 3

[JRM]
Players
8,969 posts
12 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Oh yeah, T9 is the best tier now.

Incidentally we also have a flood of T9 premiums and basically none have enough FreeXP/Coal/RP to keep up with actually getting them for free... What a coincidence...:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
511 posts
8,247 battles

well, we have this shitty MM for tier 7, because of players, who were complaining about shitty MM for tier 8 earlier. Well, tier 8 MM got better.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,795 posts
12,260 battles
15 minutes ago, HaachamaShipping said:

T8 was much better able to handle T10 than T7 is able to handle T9. T6 was always kinda crap.

The really sad thing is when you see stealth-based t7 DDs facing t8+ gunboats that match their concealment thanks to the extra upgrade slot...

• Cool 1

Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
23 minutes ago, HaachamaShipping said:

T8 was much better able to handle T10 than T7 is able to handle T9.

But teh BBabies want to bash lowtier ships with their hardearned bought Derbizz :Smile_child:

Players
8,474 posts
9,441 battles
4 minutes ago, eliastion said:

The really sad thing is when you see stealth-based t7 DDs facing t8+ gunboats that match their concealment thanks to the extra upgrade slot...

TRB Shiratsuyu vs Fletcher, lol.

I still remember years ago that Gadjah Mada that got mad at me for outspotting his stealthy DD in my Harekaze.

1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

But teh BBabies want to bash lowtier ships with their hardearned bought Derbizz :Smile_child:

But I want to also bash T5s in my hardearned bought Scharnhorst.

• Funny 2

Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
1 minute ago, HaachamaShipping said:

But I want to also bash T5s in my hardearned bought Scharnhorst.

Thats the point when you are supposed to by a T8 (T9) premium :Smile_hiding:

Sad part, im not even joking, i think thats WG wants us to do :cap_old:

Players
1,270 posts
4 hours ago, Horattio_Nelson said:

I find it very very difficult to play with the English cruiser T7 the Fiji

Well actually. Fiji is probably one the best Brit cruisers for its tier 7 to play. Although, yes, I think Leander before Fiji plays well for its tier 6 class also. It just gets far worse after Fiji ship with Brit cruisers in that same line.

Edinburgh is just an epic fail and so is the cruiser after it (both put in T10 matches) with no HE to use. And then you get the T10 cruiser last... which is just  a totally different ship really made out of mash potato that takes citadels just by looking at it. That said, it's a real irk anyway from the start that none of them can fire HE sells and only use AP rounds. And once you get to T8 Edinburgh - that lack of not having HE shells to use in T10 matches becomes a real burden .

Players
8,474 posts
9,441 battles
Just now, DFens_666 said:

Thats the point when you are supposed to by a T8 (T9) premium :Smile_hiding:

Sad part, im not even joking, i think thats WG wants us to do :cap_old:

Ehhh, I rather play Gneisenau than play Pommern.

Ngl, of all T9 prems, the one I would consider most for actual playing is Alaska, because unless I need creds, I rather play something else or just T9 tech tree ships. 

[TOXIC]
Players
4,795 posts
12,260 battles
35 minutes ago, Perekotypole said:

a lot of players didn't apreciate it

Well, I think people somewhat did. People were complaining about t8 - they didn't think that fixing t8 would f*ck t7 up though.

It is sad though, my Błyskawica and Shiratsuyu are rusting in port - when they were often top tier, things were working out, but Błyskawica struggles against higher tier gunboats with both better cncealment and firepower than her, forcing her into much more passive playstyle. And Shira... well, a fragile DD without smoke really gets the short end of the stick once you negate her stealth advantage with the extra -10% concealment available to higher tiers...

• Cool 1

Players
8 posts

I see that i’m not the only one finding T7 a crappy tier to play with. Fiji would be a great ship, but it plays vs Riga etc.. so... yeah maybe it’s time to play with some other game at this point. Too much grind only to be kept in a frustrating Tier, nah it’s not worth it at the end of the day 

[SCRUB]
Players
4,184 posts
24,234 battles
7 hours ago, Hanse77SWE said:

Fiji is considered to be one of the best ships in the game.

I agree the Fiji is a very strong ship for her tier, yet this doesn't exclude T7 MM to be among the worse there is now (in my opinion).