Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BattleshipGunner

What's up with the twitch drops?

15 comments in this topic

Players
81 posts
1,037 battles

I've watched 2 different streams for over 2 hrs each. Not a single drop. (tab isnt muted and neither is the stream itself)

Last drop I got was 2 days ago.

Are they at random intervals? Are twitch drops still available right now?

@Crysantos

Thanks

[HOO]
Players
2,312 posts
4,034 battles

Twitch drops are still happening, and I believe they do drop at random intervals but there is a limit to how many you can earn in each season.

Players
81 posts
1,037 battles
Just now, Fat_Maniac said:

Twitch drops are still happening, and I believe they do drop at random intervals but there is a limit to how many you can earn in each season.

oh

i've only got 2 drops so far..

Players
2,220 posts
13,299 battles

This is how Twitch drops work:

Drops are not guaranteed, they have a chance to occur. There is no guarantee that you get a drop ever.

You can get a maximum of 5 drops per patch interval which is usually 4 weeks

Drops can not occur more than once per hour becaue this is how Twitch, not WG, works. Every hour a dice is rolled whether or not you receive a drop.

If you are lucky you can get 3 drops in 3 hours or none in 3 weeks, it is purely random. If you got 5 drops in 3 days then you know for a fact that you won't get any drops in the next 27 days - this can give you the impression that drops don't work.

It was stated a while a go that the chance for a drop increase if you haven't received one in a while. For example (numbers are not real because they are unknown to the public): If you have a 5% chance to receive a drop per hour but you didn't got one this time, the chance for the next hour increases to 6%. If you again didn't get a drop the chance increaes to 7% for the next hour and so on. At some point you will get a drop because your chance to get one is 100%. After the drop the chance is resetted to the initial 5%.

Other than that should you watch streams to support the streamer and content creater and not for the lousy reward that drops are anyway. m2c

UPDATE

If you are so desperate for drops. you can open 20 streams in seperate tabs, they count as 20 seperate chances to get a drop. There is no need to be active in chat or any other activity on twitch, just have the stream running in a tab.

• Cool 4

Players
81 posts
1,037 battles
18 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

This is how Twitch drops work:

Drops are not guaranteed, they have a chance to occur. There is no guarantee that you get a drop ever.

You can get a maximum of 5 drops per patch interval which is usually 4 weeks

Drops can not occur more than once per hour becaue this is how Twitch, not WG, works. Every hour a dice is rolled whether or not you receive a drop.

If you are lucky you can get 3 drops in 3 hours or none in 3 weeks, it is purely random. If you got 5 drops in 3 days then you know for a fact that you won't get any drops in the next 27 days - this can give you the impression that drops don't work.

It was stated a while a go that the chance for a drop increase if you haven't received one in a while. For example (numbers are not real because they are unknown to the public): If you have a 5% chance to receive a drop per hour but you didn't got one this time, the chance for the next hour increases to 6%. If you again didn't get a drop the chance increaes to 7% for the next hour and so on. At some point you will get a drop because your chance to get one is 100%. After the drop the chance is resetted to the initial 5%.

Other than that should you watch streams to support the streamer and content creater and not for the lousy reward that drops are anyway. m2c

UPDATE

If you are so desperate for drops. you can open 20 streams in seperate tabs, they count as 20 seperate chances to get a drop. There is no need to be active in chat or any other activity on twitch, just have the stream running in a tab.

It says "You can only earn loot one stream at a time."

So does watching in diff tabs actually work then?

Players
2,220 posts
13,299 battles
3 hours ago, BattleshipGunner said:

So does watching in diff tabs actually work then?

This is what many do. Open multiple streams, mute the sound, play games, return later to collect the drops. Yes, you can get only one loot per stream, but with 20 streams open your chance to get a drop increased to 20 times the chance. It's not that your drop chance per drop is divided by all open streams.

Simply test it for yourself and report back what your experience was.

WG Staff
3,555 posts
15,865 battles
20 hours ago, BattleshipGunner said:

I've watched 2 different streams for over 2 hrs each. Not a single drop. (tab isnt muted and neither is the stream itself)

Last drop I got was 2 days ago.

Are they at random intervals? Are twitch drops still available right now?

@Crysantos

Thanks

Well you get one mission per week guaranteed - so that should definitely work. The Twitch containers are limited to 5 per month and work a bit differently but still a very high chance to get them if you watch Warships on Twitch on a regular basis. The epic drop is purely random, so you need to get lucky for that one. For this update cycle we also added a special drop on the official channel - each week you can get additional German Navy collection containers (2x in the first week, 1x per week starting from this Thursday).

16 hours ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

This is what many do. Open multiple streams, mute the sound, play games, return later to collect the drops. Yes, you can get only one loot per stream, but with 20 streams open your chance to get a drop increased to 20 times the chance. It's not that your drop chance per drop is divided by all open streams.

Simply test it for yourself and report back what your experience was.

I'm sorry to crush your dreams but it makes no difference if you watch one or several streams. Please don't believe everything people claim on the internet.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 1

Players
1,202 posts
3,828 battles
1 hour ago, Crysantos said:

Well you get one mission per week guaranteed - so that should definitely work. The Twitch containers are limited to 5 per month and work a bit differently but still a very high chance to get them if you watch Warships on Twitch on a regular basis. The epic drop is purely random, so you need to get lucky for that one. For this update cycle we also added a special drop on the official channel - each week you can get additional German Navy collection containers (2x in the first week, 1x per week starting from this Thursday).

you need to get VERY LUCKY for anything else to drop than 50 or 100k credits and 10 to 15 signals, or the odd mission for 5 or 10 camos.

I never had anything else drop.

regarding channels - on which channels do twitch drops occur? I only follow the official channel so far, are there others with drops?

• Cool 1

Players
81 posts
1,037 battles
30 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

you need to get VERY LUCKY for anything else to drop than 50 or 100k credits and 10 to 15 signals, or the odd mission for 5 or 10 camos.

I never had anything else drop.

regarding channels - on which channels do twitch drops occur? I only follow the official channel so far, are there others with drops?

I think all CCs have streams that can drop.

I just watch Flamu and Flambass, btw look for the bottom where it says in cyan coloured text "Drops Enabled!", this means you can get drops.

Players
1,202 posts
3,828 battles
2 hours ago, BattleshipGunner said:

I think all CCs have streams that can drop.

I just watch Flamu and Flambass, btw look for the bottom where it says in cyan coloured text "Drops Enabled!", this means you can get drops.

yes, that's another thing...

right now I'm watching "EU Community Stream on NA + Subs News | Special Drop"  so I expect drops.

but then there is no "drops enabled" displayed... are there still drops or not? conflicting messages...

and I tried to ask for clarification in the channel chat, but I get something along the lines of "your message could not be posted because of moderation settings" - they block all posts containing the word "drop"... how mature is that

I don't know if drops or not, can't even ask the channel about it... nice new world.

best watched minimized in 160p with sound off.

• Cool 1

Players
81 posts
1,037 battles
1 minute ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

right now I'm watching "EU Community Stream on NA + Subs News | Special Drop"  so I expect drops.

but then there is no "drops enabled" displayed... are there still drops or not? conflicting messages...

and I tried to ask for clarification in the channel chat, but I get something along the lines of "your message could not be posted because of moderation settings" - they block all posts containing the word "drop"... how mature is that

I don't know if drops or not, can't even ask the channel about it... nice new world.

Idk what special drop is, you might want to ask @Crysantos about that.

btw beware of turning the sound off on the stream itself because twitch says if you have sound off then you're not a "viewer" and can't get drops.

• Cool 1

Players
1,202 posts
3,828 battles
8 minutes ago, BattleshipGunner said:

Idk what special drop is, you might want to ask @Crysantos about that.

btw beware of turning the sound off on the stream itself because twitch says if you have sound off then you're not a "viewer" and can't get drops.

always worked so far...

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,435 posts
17,673 battles
1 hour ago, BattleshipGunner said:

I usually have the sound down as low as it can be without the automatic mute kicking in.

I did listen to some of the stream earlier today but they had the in-game volume so high you could not hear what they were saying.   The chat was 'lighting up' with requests to turn the volume down but I gave up.

WG Staff
3,555 posts
15,865 battles
17 hours ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

Sometimes we have to ban words for a while because viewers will spam the word. Sorry if it prevented you from asking that question. The Twitch Drops are enabled by default for all streamers who stream World of Warships - unless they manually disable them for their channel. I don't know why but sometimes Twitch has display issues with the "Drops enabled" message, especially in localized versions - don't ask me why, from our side everything is working smoothly and this displaying isn't affecting our side of the system.

Special Drops are currently German Navy collection containers.

Greetings, Crysantos

[ROUGH]
Players
266 posts
27,240 battles
On 8/14/2020 at 11:41 AM, Crysantos said:

Sometimes we have to ban words for a while because viewers will spam the word. Sorry if it prevented you from asking that question. The Twitch Drops are enabled by default for all streamers who stream World of Warships - unless they manually disable them for their channel. I don't know why but sometimes Twitch has display issues with the "Drops enabled" message, especially in localized versions - don't ask me why, from our side everything is working smoothly and this displaying isn't affecting our side of the system.

Special Drops are currently German Navy collection containers.

Greetings, Crysantos

Thanks but the special drops comes automatically or we need to redeem some code in the premium shop? @Crysantos

Sign in to follow this