Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

ST - visual effects update (DB 61)

9 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
5,047 posts
4,224 battles

Soon, we are going to test some new visual effects in game. 

Read more

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.

• Cool 5

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,058 posts
9,366 battles

Cool!

Always glad to See work on that.

Immersion is Importand. So I really hope we get more Work done on this :)

Players
2,043 posts
3,816 battles
12 minuti fa, Tanatoy ha scritto:

Read more

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.

Nice. :Smile_medal:

Beta Tester
1,035 posts
16,646 battles
36 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

Besides that, we're working on effects for the destruction of the ship, for AA, and the movement animation of AA guns.

AA used to move before you messed it up with the sector/CV rework, so whats there to work on?

Ship destruction, so, will we finaly have pieces of ship destroyed, like missing a funnel so that noone would shoot it any more and drain my HP or the ship will simply get blacker?

Fire burning animation, you already messed it up once by making ship look like a flaming porcupine, so what will it be now?

Players
1,589 posts
6,595 battles
3 hours ago, Tanatoy said:

Read more

Sounds really interesting. Would be nice if you would also revise the sinking animations.

[BIF]
Players
406 posts
5,564 battles

Yes, i would like to see parts fly off from the ship after the final explosion, turrets, random metal parts, etc. Good example for a ship blowing up is the sinking of the HMS Barham. Also i would like to see scorch marks on islands, after they get hit by shells. Always a bit awkward for me to see islands dont get any " damage", even after hit by dozens of shells.

[4_0_4]
Players
7,970 posts
14,340 battles

Hopefuly on day the AA will look like this.

• Cool 3

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,058 posts
9,366 battles
7 hours ago, Azalgor said:

Besides that, we're working on effects for the destruction of the ship, for AA, and the movement animation of AA guns.

AA used to move before you messed it up with the sector/CV rework, so whats there to work on?

Ship destruction, so, will we finaly have pieces of ship destroyed, like missing a funnel so that noone would shoot it any more and drain my HP or the ship will simply get blacker?

Fire burning animation, you already messed it up once by making ship look like a flaming porcupine, so what will it be now?

Not sure it will also affect Hitboxes.

But I would Certainly Welcome more Elaborate Damage Graphics with actual Destruction and Holes rather than the current just turning it black effect.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,488 posts
18,564 battles

Sounds nice but resource hungry. Please make sure that these additional effects are easy to turn off / turn down if needed. One of the good things about WoWs is that it doesn't need flash gear in order to play it - I know some of your players are seeing things in 4K with all the bells and whistles, but it's nice to be able to play the game on a standard laptop. 

Sign in to follow this