Flandre Bug Read more... ×
SpartanRenegade

Implacable - how do I work with this elegant lady?

4 comments in this topic

Players
272 posts

As someone who is inexperienced potato in CV playstyle....well not really but I haven't shown interest in them since rework.  Furious and Hermes were much easier owing to the mediocre and weak AA ships at their tiers.  However, the real trouble begins with Implacable, which often gets up tiered against overlapping AA clusters of extremely deadly AA ships.

My assessment so far - planes are dead [edited]slow lol. rockets don't hit DDs reliably when I attack from their rear lol, DB's don't have the penetration capacity against armored deck above 32mm so I have to hope for fire starters, TB's are decent but I've found that most ships in current meta can outmaneuver them with their speed so I'd have to close in on the target and sacrifice a few planes for those sweet ribbons.  

There's really nothing I can do much in a T9/10 match until the enemy team has been weakened and scattered across the map lest I get my planes shredded to bits. Even Halland/Friesland's AA has made me wary of spotting them in battle. I know this because my Friesland does a better job at shooting down planes than my Wooster with DFAA + sector reinforcement.

Is the ship capable enough to effectively farm damage?

What am I doing wrong and what kind of tactics should I implement? Here's a replay for your reference. Any suggestions are welcome :

20200811_091041_PBSA108-Implacable_44_Path_warrior.wowsreplay

[N0RSE]
Players
232 posts
15,923 battles

Sorry, but I can't get that link for your replay to work

Players
1,270 posts

Have you upgraded the planes to the better ones yet, also took the two 3pt skills that boost planes strength

If I remember right Implacable is supposed to have some of the strongest planes at T8 out all other CVs. But when I played it they never seemed that strong (probably because of a smaller plane squad) due to planes being stronger. But it's funny because when you play a CV like KAGA that has really weak planes but a large squad. It just seems to do better with planes surviving attacks and able to make more than one attack pass most of the time. When CV's have stronger planes and small squad - they seem to struggle getting two passes in.

Doesn't feel balanced right  to me, CVs that have larger squads and weaker planes do better.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

Amongst tech tree CVs, likely one of the weakest T8 CVs. Implac is a random CV, where you count on the enemy CV being your average potato and you just being better and thus winning. To get the most out of it:

• Rocket planes have to attack from side now, like all rockets, but they are quite ok at it. You can use those on T9 or lower cruisers too. But try to disable DDs first, if possible, because dead enemy CVs means enemy will be hampered in pushing power and a slower push gives Implac more time to work its magic. And it needs that time.
  • Once you are done or if DDs cannot be found/attacked, just go look for some isolated ship that you can carpet bomb and torpedo to crap, stacking DoT on it to get your numbers up. If possible, use someone who overextented towards your team, because that way it overtaxes their damage control more, flight time is shorter and impact is felt more than if you try to fly across the map to bomb that one Conqueror spamming from the rear.
  • Try to not waste TBs too much. They are one of your best anti-cruiser assets. You should have them at hand if you have to deal with cruisers somewhat fast.

Overall, don't play this CV line for competitive value. They just don't. Play them because you want to watch people miserable, because you set two to three fires in a bombing run on their BB and they will now watch and panic as the sirens annoy the heck out of them and you get stupid Witherer and Arsonist awards, while the enemy CV hopefully is not good and doesn't decimate your team meanwhile. Or your team decimates itself...