Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Spruss

A toxic community

32 comments in this topic

[XITAX]
Players
102 posts
6,537 battles

Hi there, this is not a post regarding suggestions or else on how to fix that, just a topic where I express my frustration for constantly seeing bad behaviours in game. Guys, seriously, if you are there to insult just 'cause you have to prove you are an alpha male or pro player or daddy's champion (and in fact you are just an insecure ignorant that ruins others time), go play hide and seek on a highway, possibly with a pair of dark eyepatches. I must admit this thing is kind of making me bored about the game. Seems that the only time where to play with a decent amount of fellow normal beings is late at night. Otherwise it's just a huge majority of people who just came out of the cave we all came from, except with a few millenia delay. 

Seriously, grow up and get some manner. It's a game and maybe if you start taking it as it is you will find it even more enjoyable.

disclaimer: this complaint is not meant for all those who have an iq higher than the average mousepad. 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 3

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,469 battles

Awww, somebody said bad things on the internet? 

Come on buddy... 

Lemme hug you... 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5

[TACHA]
Players
1,525 posts
17,234 battles

To be fair, I rarely encounter any toxicity; there is a bit of dummy spitting when someone exits early but on the whole, most people are very pleasant. 

• Cool 1

[COMFY]
Players
264 posts
2,755 battles

So you fight Toxicity with this ... :

7 minutes ago, Spruss said:

go play hide and seek on a highway, possibly with a pair of dark eyepatches

• Cool 9
  • Funny 3

[XITAX]
Players
102 posts
6,537 battles
1 minuto fa, kfa ha scritto:

Awww, somebody said bad things on the internet? 

Come on buddy... 

Lemme hug you... 

Well, it's not an issue, the report button is there for a reason. It is yet boring. A positive community adds definetly more fun to the game. 

p.s. does the hug include citadels on my ship? 'cause in that case I'll rather pass :cap_old:

• Boring 1

[XITAX]
Players
102 posts
6,537 battles
1 minuto fa, Flock_Undead ha scritto:

So you fight Toxicity with this ... :

You can't be tolerant with intolerance :fish_viking:

• Boring 1
  • Bad 4

Beta Tester
4,723 posts
11,324 battles
10 minutes ago, Spruss said:

Hi there, this is not a post regarding suggestions or else on how to fix that, just a topic where I express my frustration for constantly seeing bad behaviours in game. Guys, seriously, if you are there to insult just 'cause you have to prove you are an alpha male or pro player or daddy's champion (and in fact you are just an insecure ignorant that ruins others time), go play hide and seek on a highway, possibly with a pair of dark eyepatches. I must admit this thing is kind of making me bored about the game. Seems that the only time where to play with a decent amount of fellow normal beings is late at night. Otherwise it's just a huge majority of people who just came out of the cave we all came from, except with a few millenia delay. 

Seriously, grow up and get some manner. It's a game and maybe if you start taking it as it is you will find it even more enjoyable.

disclaimer: this complaint is not meant for all those who have an iq higher than the average mousepad. 

This entire post reeks of toxicity.

You literally complain about insults, in a post that's 80% insults.

You ARE the problem you're complaining about.

• Cool 12
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
29,647 posts
15,312 battles
36 minutes ago, Spruss said:

While I understand the issue, ressorting to the same behaviour does not help your case...

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,897 posts
10,504 battles

@Spruss Played almost tree times the amount of games you played and the toxicity you speak of I have yet to encounter.

Have people called me bad things? Yes.

Have they said nasty things about me or my mother? Yes.

Have people accused me of cheating? Lol, yes a lot.

Yet the most toxic behaviour I see more and more is players not willing (or able?) to play the game as its supposed to be played. E. g. reversing from spawn or yoloing into the enemies right from the getgo.

That is what makes the game "unplayable" and "boring" for me.

TLDR: If you think this community and game is too toxic, just quit. But let me tell you that this isnt the most toxic gaming community by a country mile.

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,795 posts
12,260 battles
30 minutes ago, Spruss said:

Guys, seriously, if you are there to insult just 'cause you have to prove you are an alpha male or pro player or daddy's champion (and in fact you are just an insecure ignorant that ruins others time), go play hide and seek on a highway, possibly with a pair of dark eyepatches

Well, the community sure is toxic, but judging by your post I get a feeling - call it a hunch if you will - that you're not exactly lowering the average toxicity level...

I mean, sure, I could be wrong as I'm trying to extrapolate your in-game behaviour from a single rant-post. It's perfectly possible that you are, in fact, the very picture of calm, understanding and good manners in the team chat. That being said, a post built around a message to your perceived bullies that could be summed up as "if you're going to insult me for playing badly, then you better go die hit by a truck" (even if worded significantly more eloquently, props for the descriptive way you put it) doesn't really build that much confidence in your ability to keep the heat level in chat to the minimum.

For myself, let me just give you a piece of advice:

44 minutes ago, Spruss said:

It's a game and maybe if you start taking it as it is you will find it even more enjoyable.

That's it, really. It's a game. A competitive team-based game - not necessarily in the sense "competitive" is often used in gaming, but rather in the most basic sense: you're competing against other players. And playing in a team. Of course this invokes emotion - that's precisely where big part of enjoyment comes from. The game is fun mostly - not only, but mostly - because victory means overcoming the opposition, accomplishing something. The downside of it is that when things go south, people get angry. You lack control over your allies' actions so, when you see them f*cking up (regardless of whether you're even right in that assessment), you get angry at them. It's pretty much inevitable in a game that someone is going to tell someone else what a piece of sh*t player they are, especially since a degree of anonymity inherent to online games removes a couple layers of filter between the mind and the mouth (or, well, fingers).

It's vital to grow a slightly thicker skin and learn to not take things like these too personally. It's a game and these are random people that won't affect your life no matter how angry they get at you - and their fit of anger isn't even really directed at you personally, they are angry about something you did or didn't do (or even projecting anger over their own f*ck-up)... it's a brief fit of emotion. One another match starts, they probably won't remember your nick. The next day they are likely to all but have forgotten about your existence altogether. And that, really, is a pretty good way to deal with it from your side as well. And, of course, you can try and get better at the game - that helps one to find themselves on receiving end of insults less often. That being said, "less often" is very far from "never", so even a deep purple unicum needs some level of tolerance to enjoy the game.

• Cool 5

[TOXIC]
Players
4,795 posts
12,260 battles
2 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Yet the most toxic behaviour I see more and more is players not willing (or able?) to play the game as its supposed to be played. E. g. reversing from spawn or yoloing into the enemies right from the getgo.

Oh, so THAT is the way it's supposed to be played. I've been doing it wrong all along! :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[PISH]
Players
372 posts
3,550 battles

OP I like your style. Hide and seek is good. I recommend playing tetris in trafic. :)

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
997 posts
1 hour ago, Spruss said:

as your brought it up .... what's your iq ... above average mousepad or below? just asking because i have awfully smart mousepad here ... and it fell a bit disturbed after being used as scale in such offensive matter ...

• Funny 5

Players
866 posts
8,891 battles

I have my moments you would call toxic usually when someone tries to be gobby I give it back or someone is being an exceptional idiot.

The only time I have use the report for misbehaviour in chat was for blatant racism other than that say what you want i'm not a snowflake.

Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles
25 minutes ago, Eternus_Damnatio said:

I have my moments you would call toxic usually when someone tries to be gobby I give it back or someone is being an exceptional idiot.

The only time I have use the report for misbehaviour in chat was for blatant racism other than that say what you want i'm not a snowflake.

Idk, you get your feelings hurt A LOT. Plus youre pretty much the worst DD player EU. :cap_cool:

• Funny 3

[ALONE]
Modder
2,290 posts
14,037 battles

Turn off ingame chat, disable karma and notifications with mods, block port-chat in firewall. Enjoy singleplayer-experience. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
1,950 posts
5,144 battles

To be fair some people deserve shlttalking and I'm not going to be humble here, some people are LVL9.000 wizards when it comes to shlttalking.

Chat.jpg

He even wrote me after the battle to say I only have one 21st chromosome whereas he has plenty.

• Funny 1

Players
3,543 posts
20,662 battles

A toxic community

4 hours ago, Spruss said:

daddy's champion (and in fact you are just an insecure ignorant that ruins others time)

go play hide and seek on a highway, possibly with a pair of dark eyepatches

it's just a huge majority of people who just came out of the cave

:cap_like:

[MUMMY]
Players
636 posts
10,337 battles

47% WR, 46k average damage, 2/3 most played ships are CVs.

I am not the problem, its everyone else - especially the CZ peeps :cap_book:

• Funny 2