Jump to content
Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bollwerk

Double CV at tier 3 and 4

43 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[XIOX]
Players
24 posts
853 battles

I just started a few new BBs and i have to say playing at T3 and T4 is really unfun since every single game has 2 CV per side. I'm playing ships that sometimes don't even have any AA, are slow and turn like a brick.

Why are the lower tier the only ones where every single game has 2 CV per side, in higher tiers i almost never see 2.

 

Please WG i know you don't really care about the lower tiers but i would be really nice if you could limit them to 1 per side in the majority of games, it's really no fun as an american T3 BB to lose 1/3 of my HP to a single AP bomb attack that i can do nothing against.

 

I know, the common solution is "just skip to T5 with free xp" but i actually enjoyed those dreadnought battles at the lower tiers. Well not anymore it seems.

  • Cool 10
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CHEFT]
Players
12,216 posts
9,841 battles

Spreadsheet said, you had fun...

 

ok, real answer:

There are more players on lowtier with CVs compared to other surface ships, so you get 2 CV games more often. Why they do it, is absolutely clear ofc, you said it yourself that you cant defend from them. Apparently, for some people its fun to play a PVP game and be untouchable - WG must think the same way, otherwise they would have made it differently.

And the more people you scare away from lowtiers, the worse itll get, since the CVs stay but all others leave. Thats why, we already have bots to fill up those games :cap_fainting:

 

And the sad news:

Whatever you or we want to change, its not gonna happen. WG doesnt give a crap about CVs and balance. You are supposed to dump your money into them, get to T10 and hope you dont get r***d 24/7 by CVs. If anything, use more money to get ships which _might_ be a bit more safe from the average CV player, while still getting crap on by unicum CVs.

  • Cool 19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,528 posts
20,662 battles

Yup, WG broke their own game pretty much. Some say that those carrier players being really bad makes it great though. :cap_like:

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
973 posts
5 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Spreadsheet said, you had fun...

 

ok, real answer:

There are more players on lowtier with CVs compared to other surface ships, so you get 2 CV games more often. Why they do it, is absolutely clear ofc, you said it yourself that you cant defend from them. Apparently, for some people its fun to play a PVP game and be untouchable - WG must think the same way, otherwise they would have made it differently.

And the more people you scare away from lowtiers, the worse itll get, since the CVs stay but all others leave. Thats why, we already have bots to fill up those games :cap_fainting:

 

And the sad news:

Whatever you or we want to change, its not gonna happen. WG doesnt give a crap about CVs and balance. You are supposed to dump your money into them, get to T10 and hope you dont get r***d 24/7 by CVs. If anything, use more money to get ships which _might_ be a bit more safe from the average CV player, while still getting crap on by unicum CVs.

and soon wild colonelpete will appear explaining how all this is cool ...

  • Funny 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WONLY]
Players
430 posts
17,258 battles

Imagine being a new player and being confronted with that cancer right after leaving protecting MM. PERMANENTLY. 

 

Two options:

 

1. Look out for a different game that is actually fun

2. Join the CVs since they seem to be the best choice in this game

 

WoWs has a lot of long-time-players. People invested a lot of time and money in this game, they won't just quit. But getting a good flow of new ones with this low- and mid-tier hell?

  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XIOX]
Players
24 posts
853 battles
3 minutes ago, TheBicentennialman said:

I don't have a big problem with CVs in general (i'm not a fan but i can live with them), i don't want them to be removed from low tier or anything, i'd just like to have them limited to one in low tiers like in the middle and high tiers.

I don't understand why the ships, that are the most vulnerable to CVs in the game, have to put up with the highest number of them.

So i don't think that fits the tone of the general thread.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
Players
3,167 posts
14,794 battles
29 minutes ago, Bollwerk said:

I just started a few new BBs and i have to say playing at T3 and T4 is really unfun since every single game has 2 CV per side. I'm playing ships that sometimes don't even have any AA, are slow and turn like a brick.

Why are the lower tier the only ones where every single game has 2 CV per side, in higher tiers i almost never see 2.

 

Please WG i know you don't really care about the lower tiers but i would be really nice if you could limit them to 1 per side in the majority of games, it's really no fun as an american T3 BB to lose 1/3 of my HP to a single AP bomb attack that i can do nothing against.

 

I know, the common solution is "just skip to T5 with free xp" but i actually enjoyed those dreadnought battles at the lower tiers. Well not anymore it seems.

yes, i can see your point, but also imagine, "i've just started grinding a few cruiser lines and there are 5 BB's per side every match who insta delete me"...

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CHEFT]
Players
12,216 posts
9,841 battles
4 minutes ago, Bollwerk said:

, i'd just like to have them limited to one in low tiers like in the middle and high tiers.

 

They arent limited to 1 on other tiers either. But there are less of them, so most of the time you only get 1 per side. Lately, there have been more games with 2 CVs (T6+T8 or 2xT8), since more people play german CVs, but ive seen them before aswell.

Either WG is unwilling or incapable of doing the right things to prevent this, but result is the same: Permanently 2 CVs on lowtiers.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XIOX]
Players
24 posts
853 battles
2 minutes ago, Salentine said:

yes, i can see your point, but also imagine, "i've just started grinding a few cruiser lines and there are 5 BB's per side every match who insta delete me"...

I played a lot of cruisers through those tiers some time ago, i never had a bigger problem with BBs there compared to higher tiers. BBs have a really low range in T3 and T4 and they are so slow that you can always run away from them if they attack you.

YMMV of course.

CVs are different. Without any real AA (or no AA at all) and being huge, slow and immobile there is nothing i can do if a CV focuses me. I can do a lot when a BB focuses my cruiser. And with bomb attacks for 10k damage with a hitpool of 30k it really hurts.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,528 posts
20,662 battles
16 minutes ago, Bollwerk said:

So i don't think that fits the tone of the general thread.

There is no particular tone in the General CV thread, it's where all complaints go to die. Your point is totally valid. I've made the same point when I started resetting lines long ago, maybe even a year ago? So this thread will be closed I'm afraid. We've had hundreds of pages of complaints about carriers, and all WG can come up after 1,5 years of vomit feedback is making DD's conceilment on destroyers 1,5 km. :cap_like:

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
8,817 battles
58 minutes ago, Bollwerk said:

I just started a few new BBs and i have to say playing at T3 and T4 is really unfun since every single game has 2 CV per side. I'm playing ships that sometimes don't even have any AA, are slow and turn like a brick.

Why are the lower tier the only ones where every single game has 2 CV per side, in higher tiers i almost never see 2.

 

Please WG i know you don't really care about the lower tiers but i would be really nice if you could limit them to 1 per side in the majority of games, it's really no fun as an american T3 BB to lose 1/3 of my HP to a single AP bomb attack that i can do nothing against.

 

I know, the common solution is "just skip to T5 with free xp" but i actually enjoyed those dreadnought battles at the lower tiers. Well not anymore it seems.

CV`s have excellent AA, if you ride along with a CV you will be well protected from air attacks.

CV players also tend to protect nearby ships within a few kilometers, as the flight distance is very short.

 

Wishing a nice time in WoWs :)

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
8 minutes ago, AirSupremacy said:

CV`s have excellent AA, if you ride along with a CV you will be well protected from air attacks.

CV players also tend to protect nearby ships within a few kilometers, as the flight distance is very short.

 

Wishing a nice time in WoWs :)

Ah yes, the solution is to camp the back with the CV.

 

You know, if you just stay in port, you also never get bombed.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
8,817 battles
5 minutes ago, HaachamaShipping said:

Ah yes, the solution is to camp the back with the CV.

 

You know, if you just stay in port, you also never get bombed.

If one wants AA protection is good practice to seek AA protection.

One can ride in the open seas or ride with other ships, up to the player.

 

Like with CVs there will be a lot of whining when submarines are in the game.

IMHO more ship classes will also be added over the years to the game.

One can adapt or not, up to the player.

  • Boring 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
3 minutes ago, AirSupremacy said:

If one wants AA protection is good practice to seek AA protection.

One can ride in the open seas or ride with other ships, up to the player.

 

Like with CVs there will be a lot of whining when submarines are in the game.

IMHO more ship classes will also be added over the years to the game.

One can adapt or not, up to the player.

Go take your Grozovoi, never go further than 4 km from your CV and still try to be useful. When you can actually still get results, then we can talk about how sensible the CV as AA cover is for most ships in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XIOX]
Players
24 posts
853 battles
5 minutes ago, AirSupremacy said:

If one wants AA protection is good practice to seek AA protection.

One can ride in the open seas or ride with other ships, up to the player.

 

Like with CVs there will be a lot of whining when submarines are in the game.

IMHO more ship classes will also be added over the years to the game.

One can adapt or not, up to the player.

We are talking about T3 and T4 here. When i stay with the CVs my guns don't have the range to reach anything. And going with other ships doesn't get you much if no one has (or barely has) any AA.

All good tips for higher tiers but doesn't work in T3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
130 posts
8,084 battles
5 minutes ago, Bollwerk said:

All good tips for higher tiers but doesn't work in T3.

No no, they are not good tips for high tiers either, especially not the camping with CV part. Please do not do this.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XIOX]
Players
24 posts
853 battles
3 minutes ago, UnderDuress said:

No no, they are not good tips for high tiers either, especially not the camping with CV part. Please do not do this.

I wanted to be nice :)

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
8,817 battles
4 minutes ago, Bollwerk said:

I wanted to be nice :)

Being nice is good, your welcome :)

 

Some decide to be on a nice path, others choose the toxic or banter path.

I find helping each other a good way.

Wishing you a nice day.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
130 posts
8,084 battles
10 minutes ago, Bollwerk said:

I wanted to be nice :)

Good to see then. 

 

4 minutes ago, AirSupremacy said:

Being nice is good, your welcome :)

 

Some decide to be on a nice path, others choose the toxic or banter path.

I find helping each other a good way.

Wishing you a nice day.

But giving a new player bad advice isn’t nice, or good, or helping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XIOX]
Players
24 posts
853 battles
8 minutes ago, AirSupremacy said:

Being nice is good, your welcome :)

 

Some decide to be on a nice path, others choose the toxic or banter path.

I find helping each other a good way.

Wishing you a nice day.

Thank you. 

As i said, i don't have a problem with CVs itself. I don't play them and yes, sometimes they frustrate me but other classes do that, too, i can live with that. As someone said above, getting blown up in a cruiser one minute into the game by a BB 22 km away because a CV plane spotted me for a splitsecond is frustrating, too but thats part of the game, thats not the BBs fault (in fact, thats a great shot).

 

It just annoys me that in the one part of the game where CVs are the most oppressive you constantly have to fight 2 of them. Yes maybe there are double the amount of T4 CV players than in the other tiers (although i wonder why that would be), maybe experienced people just want to dominate comparably helpless ships, i have no idea. But it's not good for the general gameplay, 1 CV would be enough imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,693 posts
20,960 battles
1 hour ago, AirSupremacy said:

CV`s have excellent AA, if you ride along with a CV you will be well protected from air attacks.

 

Most CV AA is garbage as is all AA in this game.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×