You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

[Poll] How many lines with "Tier X" have you reset for the "Research Bureau" thus far?

How many lines with "Tier X" have you reset for the "Research Bureau" thus far?  

379 members have voted

1. 1. How many lines with "Tier X" have you reset for the "Research Bureau" thus far?

• 11-15
    • More than 15
  2. 2. Which ships have you bought with "Research Points" (multiple answers allowed)?

• None
    • Slava
    • Ohio
    • Colbert
    • Siegfried

95 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,450 posts
15,748 battles

Hi all,

[Poll] How many lines with "Tier X" have you reset for the "Research Bureau" thus far?

Table of XP needed for "Tier X" line reset:

Using most excellent "WoWs Fitting Tool":

https://wowsft.com/research

Plain table (old but still relevant):

image.png.de6eca07c21a4f1e8fea1cbfa7661b5c.png

I did 0 thus far... I have spend several hundred million Credits on ships in past 12 months and will really have to gather more before I start thinking about restarting my lines... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

I did similar thread with poll 6 months ago:

• Cool 5

[-LA-]
Players
678 posts
5,102 battles

i had just enough points to get the Siegfried i have reset only CV lines and i think ive done each of the 3 before KM once (not sure)

i hate tx gameplay its just too passive and slow paced for me , so resetting lines and playing the lower ranks apeals , only problem being most of the grind is through t8 and most of that is of course against tx >< so yeah i might be done with it for now as im down to no points 

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,778 posts
8,898 battles

I am intrested in the Siegfried. So I reseted one line and will reset one additional in 7 days. Then I will have enough points. But that's it. No more interactions planed with the RB. I do not like to be forced to grind and grind and grind and grind to get a single ship or Legendary Upgrade. 

:Smile-angry:

• Cool 1

Players
1,720 posts
18,628 battles

I have been considering resetting a line to just get me enough points for the Slava but I'm still undecided if I can really be bothered or not.

Players
628 posts
8,747 battles

Will wait for the next double before resetting anything again ... 10K points for a line is not worth it imo

• Cool 2

Players
1,730 posts

40 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

More than 15. Slava is the only missing one, but omw.

40 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

I did 0 thus far... 

Why?

[SINT]
Players
918 posts
20,991 battles

Have resettled 4 lines until now. Moskwa and Des Moines completed, Republique ( at Alsace, 200k to go) and Zao ( Myoko, waiting for T7 operation)

Moskwa costed me too much FXP due to the Moskwa / Nevsky switch.. Normaly I take my time for regrinding a line.. I am focused on Ohio, waiting for the final 400 points needed out of the monthly grind reward.

With 4 regrinds ( double points) and the initial bonus 10k  I am in doubt if I take another one... I am interested in Ohio and Siegfried with combined will cost me 62 + 47 with is 109 in total....So I am 19 short... relying on 1200 a month out of doing dailies is a bit a long grind...But will definitely not pay for research points like WG is trying at the upcoming dockyard..

Colbert does not interest me.. Slava is a big questionmark. That 1k more then Ohio is easy to take. But as collector I want to grab Ohio before it is gone...Although compared to other free ships ( Thunderer, Georgia) I think it’s not worth the more difficult resource...Might gamble on Ohio to be demoted to coal status...And take Slava.

Beta Tester
276 posts
15,901 battles

I have ohio and colbert and I'm close to siegfried. Not sure if slava is worth the effort also WG could put her as a freemium ship for 2mio free exp instead of RP.

Theres already alot of stuff for RP so another ship for RP was not necessary in my opinion.

• Cool 2

[TUSKS]
Players
64 posts
5,943 battles

Currently doing US BB (Iowa), and the IJN cruiser (Myoko). I'm most likely going to spend the points on unique modules.

If I had to buy a ship it would be Siegfried.

[ANV]
Players
550 posts
4,696 battles

Never have and probably never will. I suspect most others are the same

• Cool 2

Players
1,116 posts
21,718 battles

Neither Ohio nor Slava are worth regrinding if you are not enjoying it. But if you are, they are unique ships.

Players
2,918 posts
16,636 battles

Reset something like 8 x Harugumo for a total of 11 RP, got Ohio and Colbert. 

Quite annoying i just spent 60k on Colbert and then they put Slava into ST and launch it:Smile-angry:

I've got 2,1 mio FXP earmaked for Kitakami if it will be an FXP ship, now considering to burn it on the RB during next x2 bonus to get Slava before it is removed.

That should net me 50k RP, so only 10 more needed.

[MORIA]
Players
287 posts
36,291 battles

Honestly, I have lost count and I do it with just one line, the US CL line because it is one of my favorite lines, no ships excluded. It may not be the cheapest line but I perform good in it and the grind goes pretty fast, faster than I would do in the cheapest line.

I have the Colbert, Ohio and Siegfried and do have the points for the Slave but I just can not be bothered yet to get it. Maybe soon:) 

Players
1,204 posts
15,586 battles

Out of my head, didn't kept any notes if I resetet a line with an active bonus or not:

US CA x1

US CL x1

RN CL x1

SU DD (Khabarovsk) x3(?) 

Got Ohio first, if I finish my SU regrind within the next few days I have more than enough for Siegfried. Which means I have to make a choice if I want to get her ASAP or save up my points for slava. 

Modus operandi now is pretty much reseting the SU dds every time the bonus gets avaliable again and don't reset anything else. 

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,791 posts
16,945 battles

Having finished every line except CV I usually reset exactly one line once the new x2 becomes available.

Bought Ohio but never played it once yet as I am generally not much interested in T10 play. I only get hold on all T10 I can muster (no 2m FXP ships though) for possible CW use or snowflake events.

[L4GG]
Players
3,165 posts
10,740 battles
1 hour ago, Execute0rder66 said:

Why?

I can answer that.

I won't give up on ships that i gained with hard grind 

not for Legendary modules, nor for reward ships. There's plenty of ships and more coming, so i can go without a few of them.

I don't have loads of resources, so there's no guarantees i will have them back.

I am here since 2017 and have 1 t10 ship

3 more are coming.

At this pace will take me decades to reset the lines and have the LM and ships.

No, For me, the way to go it's forward not backwards.

tldr

there's little to nothing for me in the RB

• Cool 2

[DAVY]
Players
2,799 posts
13,896 battles

currently on my 12th regrind of the Haru line, will do another in a week with the x2 to get the Slava, then maybe on to the sieg next, and now we have the +5% clan bonus too...

Players
1,204 posts
15,586 battles

Btw what I like about this topic: it shows how different peoples approaches to resets are. And with that I don't mean the question yes or no, but what lines they pick and how often they reset lines. 

Not to mention what they do to get the grind done. 

Personally I would never spend fxp to skip through a whole regrind just for the RPs. What I do is spend fxp to get rid of stock modules if needed, or to skip the t2-5 ships if I don't have spare captains for them. 

But I do for example know at least two people in my clan who got their Colbert mainly by burning fxp on the regrinds.

I see some people grind different lines, some others stick to one line like I do nowadays. Think the majority only resets one line when there is a bonus for it, but given the poll some have done more than that. 

Players
1,112 posts
12,973 battles

Only doing the IJN Gun boats because they are the cheapest xp wise and, I am only using Free XP to do it cause I really wanted a Siegfried so I'm having to put up with using the Stupid thing known as the Research Bureau...

Players
1,116 posts
21,718 battles
20 minutes ago, Khaba_Gandalf said:

Personally I would never spend fxp to skip through a whole regrind just for the RPs. What I do is spend fxp to get rid of stock modules if needed, or to skip the t2-5 ships if I don't have spare captains for them. 

Why exchange free exp for RPs when you can grind RPs and free exp at the same time :cap_like:

Players
222 posts
12,144 battles

I just keep resetting the Haragumo line each season to get the double points, then using freexp to get back up to the Akizuki (coop wins for any RP point ships below that) and then regrinding the Akizuki and Kita with flags and camo. Pretty easy and only needs around 250k of freexp.

Works pretty easy and the regrind isn't hard that way

• Cool 3