Percyw3

How to get trained captain after purchase

4 comments in this topic

[PORS]
Players
1 post

I just bought a US Wickes destroyer in the Tech Tree.  In blasting through the purchasing steps I forgot to specify trained 4pt captain.  Is there any way that I can go back and correct this?

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,446 posts
19,038 battles

You can use Free XP or Elite Commander XP to boost him or dismiss/reserve him and recruit a new captain.

Players
201 posts
18,452 battles

Top tip from my clan mates when I was grinding new lines, and still new to the game, is to purchase new tech tree ships without a commander.

Then transfer the commander from the previous tier ship, eg Sampson, to your new one, eg Wickes, and then purchase (for silver/credits) the 50% retraining course.

Keep repeating the process when you get to the next tier ship, Clemson, Nicholas etc, etc.

That way you end up with a more qualified commander by the time you've worked your way up to the mid/high tiers where the higher commander skills, such as concealment expert, are more valuable.

To avoid spending doubloons/gold for demounting modules when selling the old ship I tended to not fit upgrade modules to low tier ships, but that could be me being a tight-wad.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,598 posts
15,056 battles
23 hours ago, Percyw3 said:

Is there any way that I can go back and correct this?

Easy:

Click on the empty captain panel, like so:

image.thumb.png.a51068ee50e7a86655784f38e175cf0a.png

Click on 'recruit' if you don't have a commander in reserve etc. that you want to use:

image.png.b0855811f46a807f7a7066b6ef887498.png

Select which commander you want to recruit:

image.thumb.png.10b2024bde2902eadd25dfe8c0006dc0.png

You basically have the same options as when you get a captain at the same time as buying the ship initially.

BTW don't forget to think ahead when dealing with your captains - you'll want at least a 10 pointer when you get to T5 (that's where +2 MM starts)...