Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Padds01

so you dont nerf premium ships , unless you do?

22 comments in this topic

[-LA-]
Players
699 posts
5,350 battles

Question for WG

im just wondering what the rules or expectations are for the safety of our premium ships, some like the members of the tier 1 santa crate waling fleet are clearly completely safe no matter how broken they are, but ships like the GZ which hasnt been strong since it was in testing , but yet recieves nerf after nerf. and this last patch brought in another heavy handed one gutting the use of the rocket planes.

i just dont get it , i hope, i mean it looks like somthing those dots are not hard to connect, but lets hope not eh? so why is there such a duble standard, why are only some premiums safe purchases and why isnt there an offer to refund when you make such drastic changes?

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
29,638 posts
15,312 battles

Note the difference between ship changes and global changes.

WG tries to avoid ship specific changes on premium ships, that make them weaker.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
222 posts
12,144 battles

Plenty of premiums have seen one nerf or another through global changes. CV rework that nerfed a lot of Heavy AA ships, IHFE that hit t6 and t7 light cruisers pretty hard. Plenty of premiums were affected by these changes.

[JRM]
Players
7,474 posts
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Note the difference between ship changes and global changes.

WG tries to avoid ship specific changes on premium ships, that make them weaker.

Its semantics, if something is changed for the worse then its changed for the worse specific or not, a fair practice would be to offer "store credit" for the stuff affected by it, however since there is no unison legislation regulating it they get away with flipping all of us off...

• Cool 5

[CATS]
Players
29,638 posts
15,312 battles
43 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Its semantics, if something is changed for the worse then its changed for the worse specific or not, a fair practice would be to offer "store credit" for the stuff affected by it, however since there is no unison legislation regulating it they get away with flipping all of us off...

Not semantics, just the difference.

And game companies are allowed to make changes to their games.

Beta Tester
5,562 posts
22,154 battles
5 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Yeah, so give me store credit for my Blyscawizca (or close) for stealing her ability of invisble shooting... or for my Sims and Yubari who were advertised as "AA ships" or.. or.. or..

In this case I'm with the official statement: if it's a global change that hits ALL ships of a class, then premiums are not to be the exception. Especially not Graf Zipperlein ^v^

• Cool 2

Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles
55 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Yeah, so give me store credit for my Blyscawizca (or close) for stealing her ability of invisble shooting... or for my Sims and Yubari who were advertised as "AA ships" or.. or.. or..

In this case I'm with the official statement: if it's a global change that hits ALL ships

If that's true then your problem is what exactly?

It wasn't just the GZ that was changed.

Beta Tester
5,562 posts
22,154 battles
20 minutes ago, waxx25 said:

If that's true then your problem is what exactly?

It wasn't just the GZ that was changed.

Who said I had a problem with the GZ nerf?

[PANEU]
Players
1,043 posts
4,027 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, Deckeru_Maiku sagte:

Who said I had a problem with the GZ nerf?

But I have :Smile_trollface: and I won't stop crying until they give her some sort of compensation. A ryujo in a T10 battle would perform better then a gz. It's completely unplayable by now. It wasn't when I bought it for 50 bucks. 

• Funny 1

[ARKA]
Players
26 posts
20,564 battles

When you bought her she was even more unplayable.....

And then she was godlike for a while.

And now she is back to unplayable.

Considering you bought the unplayable version, you got no right to complain....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
29,638 posts
15,312 battles
13 minutes ago, Aixin said:

But I have :Smile_trollface: and I won't stop crying until they give her some sort of compensation. A ryujo in a T10 battle would perform better then a gz. It's completely unplayable by now. It wasn't when I bought it for 50 bucks. 

Then cry us a deep river. Then my ships can attack farther inland...

[-LA-]
Players
699 posts
5,350 battles
1 hour ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

In this case I'm with the official statement: if it's a global change that hits ALL ships of a class, then premiums are not to be the exception. Especially not Graf Zipperlein ^v^

ahh nice so there just talking out of both faces then . i get it shouldnt be surprised , claiming to do one thing but using a semantic loop hole to by bass it when they want. from a company that makes so much out of pedo gambling i guess its on brand.

and yeah if you want support for those other changed ships im with you , i dont get this argument "well hes raped a lot and got away with it before cant go asking him to stop now"

[PANEU]
Players
1,043 posts
4,027 battles
Vor 19 Minuten, imoenbg1 sagte:

When you bought her she was even more unplayable.....

And then she was godlike for a while.

And now she is back to unplayable.

Considering you bought the unplayable version, you got no right to complain....

What is that about? 

Vor 10 Minuten, ColonelPete sagte:

Then cry us a deep river. Then my ships can attack farther inland...

Its fine man. I'm just a bit pissed that's all. And I think being pissed about gz balans is the right thing isn't it? 

[ARKA]
Players
26 posts
20,564 battles

There was only one version offered in the shop - the unplayable one. Even after the rework she was by far the worst CV so you knew what you bought.

There was only one time GZ was godly and she was not in the shop at that time.

• Bad 1

[-LA-]
Players
699 posts
5,350 battles
2 minutes ago, imoenbg1 said:

There was only one version offered in the shop - the unplayable one. Even after the rework she was by far the worst CV so you knew what you bought.

It was playable when i bought it , i was fine with what i bought its been nerfed in the last 2 patches im not ok with that , dont get where you think your authority to say we cant complain about it comes from , but evidently as we have you dont ;) 

[PANEU]
Players
1,043 posts
4,027 battles
Vor 13 Minuten, imoenbg1 sagte:

Dude before 9.7 Graf Zeppelin was maybe the second worst T8 cv. I bought her because of the challenge she offered. I learned that she could be very strong in fighting dd's with the rockets. But after 9.7 the rockets became a crap show. Now gz has two useless plane types a useless secondary(seriously I don't get why even have a good one on a CV Cuz when u use it u use your ship wrong) and somewhat decent torps. Even löwenhardt on T6 is almost as strong as gz. Don't get me wrong gz was fun to play before 9.7. But now it's simply unplayable. And the funniest thing about the rocket planes is, the ones that were no brainers to use before 9.7 got even stronger. Today I managed to strike a skane for 6k in my ryujo. Before 9.7 it was not possible to get such big hits with her. It's so funny that WG balans attempts made everything only worse once more. Whatever I am not the person to make changes to WG balans. If you want to agree or not is up to you. I feel a bit betrayed by WG. But that's just me. 

Also @Padds01 you might want to ping a WG official to get an answer from them. For me I gave up on that. 

[ARKA]
Players
26 posts
20,564 battles

The issue is you dont seem to get it.

She is a member of currently THE STRONGEST class in game. The class needed nerfs. In fact most people will say the class NEEDS nerfs. The class got global nerfs. The global nerfs affected your  ship. And you complain how WG nerfed YOUR ship.

Thats a bunch of bullcrap.

As far as I am concerned the game is called world of warships and not world of airplanes. The sheer presence of CVs in this game makes it almost unbalanceable.  There are two states in this game - one where CVS are OP af and one where CVs are underpowered. I dont remember a balanced CV in any patch whatsoever.

• Cool 3

[PANEU]
Players
1,043 posts
4,027 battles
Vor 17 Minuten, imoenbg1 sagte:

The issue is you dont seem to get it.

She is a member of currently THE STRONGEST class in game. The class needed nerfs. In fact most people will say the class NEEDS nerfs. The class got global nerfs. The global nerfs affected your  ship. And you complain how WG nerfed YOUR ship.

Thats a bunch of bullcrap.

As far as I am concerned the game is called world of warships and not world of airplanes. The sheer presence of CVs in this game makes it almost unbalanceable.  There are two states in this game - one where CVS are OP af and one where CVs are underpowered. I dont remember a balanced CV in any patch whatsoever.

And you don't get that most ships out of the class got buffed due to the global "nerf". In fact it's only a nerf to three ships gz saiapn and midway. I won't discuss whether nerfs buffs or whatever are needed to the class itself. That should be clear. But gz should get a rework. It's simply unplayable now. I don't get why you and Pete are trash talking gz so much. WG needs to stop sledgehammer balans not only for CVs but for all balans issues. Eg the ap bombs nerf. Needed? It depends. On Shokaku Haku and enterprise defently. On Graf and the low tier cvs? Complete different story. (T4 excluded since they are more broken then anything ever was) Now for the rockets WG did a masterpiece as I discribed above. You seem to ignoring my point. 

Also my personal opionion on cvs is that they need to rework the rework to actually balance this. The thing with the rework is that cvs needs to be broken to be somewhat fun. 

Players
633 posts
27,423 battles

Premium Ships will not be Nerved after they are released. Only Indirect Nerfs are Possible.

Indirect Nerfs are something like removal of stealth firing and smoke firing Penalty.

If WG could Nerf a Premium Ship after Release, than there would be no need to remove an OP-Premium.

Just give Imperator Nikolai the same Sigma as the Wyoming and you can sell her again.

But Many Players have only bought the Ship because it was so strong.

Sometimes even Paying directly for the Ship and not Paying for Doubloons first.

So unless WG wants to refund all these Players, there is no way they can Nerf a Premium.

They once tried it with the Giulio Cesare but since the Community that owns the Ship was against it the Ship was not rebalanced.

Players
241 posts
2,817 battles
19 minutes ago, doerhoff_damian said:

They once tried it with the Giulio Cesare but since the Community that owns the Ship was against it the Ship was not rebalanced.

A situation that was made more laughable given that prior to that the GC was the ship that WG chose to give away for free to players who had been absent for a few months in order to lure them back.

So they made an OP ship, every tester told them it was OP, it released and was immediatly proven to be OP, stayed on sale anyway, was given away for free to others as bait, and only after all that did WG suggest making a change becuase it may be a bit too powerful.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
7,474 posts
10 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Yes or, it would have been fair if they had offered the doubloon cashback in full value, after all its not your fault as a customer they f-ed up the game design and they have to change it suddenly for some ships not to be broken, you payed good money for a ship and should have your moneys worth, now I understand that actual cashback might be an issue but since the doubloon is a in game currency and they lose nothing by it they should offer that and I am pretty sure if the game doesnt go belly up beforehand sooner or later we will have exactly that in the game...

Sign in to follow this